Bede Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 (edited) Just in from the BCC Twitter Anyone have any more details? I always loved his posts. Edited September 8, 2019 by Bede 1
stemelbow Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 Our beloved poster Clark? I’ve always respected him, and regarded him as one of the fine ones. My sincerest to his people. I always enjoyed him
SeekingUnderstanding Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 That’s so sad. I always loved reading his thoughts. 4
CA Steve Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 Horrible news. He was one of my favorite posters here and truly a gentleman. 4
Tacenda Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 I always thought of Clark Gable when I read his avatar. Or was that his real name too. I had no idea of his authored articles on Times and Seasons. I'll do some reading. He was a great contributor on this discussion board. I wonder what happened. His last article was published on Aug. 30th, may he RIP.
Physics Guy Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 If this is true it's extremely sad news. I was always interested to see what Clark thought. 3
Meadowchik Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I value his contributions here and this is a terrible loss! 3
Popular Post JLHPROF Posted September 8, 2019 Popular Post Posted September 8, 2019 - that's so sad. Had he given any indication in a post? His contributions were so intelligent and measured. I'll miss him. 5
Popular Post bluebell Posted September 8, 2019 Popular Post Posted September 8, 2019 That is so incredibly sad. He was one of my favorites, and I can only image how difficult it is for his family. Didn't he have a small child with significant health injuries too? His poor wife. 5
Steve J Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 He was my favorite poster on this site. I am sad to find out this news 2
Popular Post juliann Posted September 8, 2019 Popular Post Posted September 8, 2019 There are not many people who leave a hole in this forum that can’t be filled. He will. There is a report that it was a stroke. 8
Scott Lloyd Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 (edited) This is indeed a shock. He was a thoughtful and intelligent person and had in my view become a fixture here. I respect his courage to post under his real name. Edited September 8, 2019 by Scott Lloyd 4
bsjkki Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 (edited) Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. Edited September 8, 2019 by bsjkki 2
california boy Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 Shocked and sorry to hear. I am sure we will all miss his insight
Meadowchik Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 21 minutes ago, bsjkki said: Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. "Funeral arrangements for Clark Goble: Viewing Friday Sept 13 from 6-8 pm Viewing Saturday Sept 14 at 9:30 am Family Prayer 10:45 am Funeral 11 am LDS Chapel 1315 E 900 S Provo, UT 84606 " **I hope this is allowed.** 4
Robert F. Smith Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 (edited) I'll be there to pay my respects to a brilliant scholar, who was always so thoughtful. Learned a lot from him. Seems he was posting here right up to the very end. ETA: Just realized that is my old Stake Center -- Provo Stake. We probably attended Stake Conf there a number of times in the same room, and never realized it. Edited September 8, 2019 by Robert F. Smith 3
Kevin Christensen Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 Always thoughtful posts. He has been a distinctively well informed voice on the bloggernacle for many years. But too young for such news. He will be missed. Kevin C. 3
Calm Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 (edited) 1 hour ago, bsjkki said: Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. It is appropriate. Damn. This is the not so good part of having friends. Edited September 8, 2019 by Calm
Calm Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 To help his family: https://www.gofundme.com/f/clark-goble?fbclid=IwAR2a1Motfb5iLNBw7E1AfrPYG0GLQjmaiJw4m2P6LXgLngZAtRdph8v1H-g If you want to say something to the family, it may get to them through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clark.goble.14 2
mfbukowski Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 1 hour ago, bsjkki said: Is it appropriate to post the funeral arrangements here for those in Utah? This was such sad news and his poor wife and children. Appropriate or not, one must be aware of security for his family, posting to such a vast audience about when his home will unoccupied. These are things we have to think about in California. Of course it is up to the family, but I would get family permission before publishing it here for this reason True tragedy. Now I will have to meet him on the other side. I knew he was ill.
Meadowchik Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 5 minutes ago, mfbukowski said: Appropriate or not, one must be aware of security for his family, posting to such a vast audience about when his home will unoccupied. These are things we have to think about in California. Of course it is up to the family, but I would get family permission before publishing it here for this reason True tragedy. Now I will have to meet him on the other side. I knew he was ill. It was already posted publicly, with his wife tagged. 4
mfbukowski Posted September 8, 2019 Posted September 8, 2019 So sad- he will be sorely missed. We sparred a lot but it was always in the sphere of friendship, and he was a great student of philosophy especially its history. He had no equal in that area I think. 4
Recommended Posts