Seriously No Politics ×

Mormons supporting LGBT???

I was really questioning something... Is the Mormon Church really supporting the LGBT?? The gays and lesbians aren't going to stay married or still be "in love" in the afterlife. You guys know this, right? I'm guessing this is just a way to attract more members, and it's a pretty effective way to do it. But please, we aren't seriously condoning this, are we? Must I remind you people the deadly disease epidemic these people have brought on themselves, and many other innocent individuals? Not to mention that at least a 1/3rd of the people who are gay or lesbian are only that way because of traumatic experiences of sexual abuse, which alters people's minds and bodies in extremely dysfunctional ways, including sexual confusion. The other 2/3rds is composed of people who are just born that way. So we are supporting the biproduct of sexual abuse and mental illness, we are supporting the abominable results of sexually transmitted diseases that come with it, and now the foundation of our church is finally hanging by a thread, JUST like our own prophecy said!! This is what I hate about entropy...

1 minute ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

I was really questioning something... Is the Mormon Church really supporting the LGBT?? The gays and lesbians aren't going to stay married or still be "in love" in the afterlife. You guys know this, right? I'm guessing this is just a way to attract more members, and it's a pretty effective way to do it. But please, we aren't seriously condoning this, are we? Must I remind you people the deadly disease epidemic these people have brought on themselves, and many other innocent individuals? Not to mention that at least a 1/3rd of the people who are gay or lesbian are only that way because of traumatic experiences of sexual abuse, which alters people's minds and bodies in extremely dysfunctional ways, including sexual confusion. The other 2/3rds is composed of people who are just born that way. So we are supporting the biproduct of sexual abuse and mental illness, we are supporting the abominable results of sexually transmitted diseases that come with it, and now the foundation of our church is finally hanging by a thread, JUST like our own prophecy said!! This is what I hate about entropy...

:bad:

Where's the prophecy that says the church will be hanging by a thread?  No, the church is not condoning homosexual behavior.  Where are you getting your info from?

6 minutes ago, MorningStar said:

Where's the prophecy that says the church will be hanging by a thread?  No, the church is not condoning homosexual behavior.  Where are you getting your info from?

I got this info directly from my LDS Church, by attending every Sunday. Where else? But I did realize just now by double-checking the news articles, that the Mormon church is just protecting against extreme attacks on the LGBT, but still strongly emphasize that they didn't support marriage outside of there being "just one man and one one woman."

Also, watch it with the profile name, mister! People here aren't idiots! We all know what the Morning Star is.

33 minutes ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

Not sure I want to try and answer this but here goes. The assumption is that any attraction one has for the same sex in this life that they are born with will be "corrected" at the resurrection and they will still have the opportunity to select a mate of the opposite sex during the millennium. 

46 minutes ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

Ouch...I seriously don't think anyone thinks what you do.  Mormons don't condone what they consider sin...and for heaven's sakes..gay people are ot byproducts of anything.  As far as I know..gay people will not be marriage supported in the church but the past few years..the church has opened a view of  a lot more compassion than you are giving them.:angry: As for the rest of the world..there is a lot of support for LGBT men and women who are wonderful loving souls.

By the way,I just reported this hateful demeaning topic/post.

Edited by Jeanne
1 hour ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

I got this info directly from my LDS Church, by attending every Sunday. Where else? But I did realize just now by double-checking the news articles, that the Mormon church is just protecting against extreme attacks on the LGBT, but still strongly emphasize that they didn't support marriage outside of there being "just one man and one one woman."

Also, watch it with the profile name, mister! People here aren't idiots! We all know what the Morning Star is.

"My LDS Church", no member would ever use such a term. Members refer to the Church as "the Church", as every Ward is part of the entire Church. Also, once again another comment " checking news articles, that the Mirmon Church is just protect against extreme attacks...", makes it clear, you are not a member. First you learned about at your "LDS Church" and then you learned about it reading articles,"that the Mormon Church". Then with an threat to Morning Star, who is not a mister, how smart we are...how would you know. Satan used to be called the Morning Star, before his fall. Morning Star is not his name, so it would seem you don't know what it means. Please stop with these lies and your complete lack of understanding of all things LDS. You are embarrassing yourself. 

Edit ot add...

Morning Star did not make any mention of your profile name! 

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
6 minutes ago, emeliza said:

Pretty certain the OP means how morning star in the Bible is used in reference to Satan.  However it is also used as reference to Jesus.

Guess that means MS has a bit of devil and a savior in her.  😜

Well, as one of the seven angels who once surrounded the throne of God, Lucifer had that distiction, but no more. The title if memory serves means."Lightbringer" or "Lightbearer", if so it could Los apply to Jesus Christ. 

17 minutes ago, emeliza said:

Pretty certain the OP means how morning star in the Bible is used in reference to Satan.  However it is also used as reference to Jesus.

Guess that means MS has a bit of devil and a savior in her.  😜

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Some have speculated that the "morning stars" were the daughters of God...

Lucifer was call a "son of the morning" before he fell.  The righteous are to be resurrected in the "morning of the first resurrection".
Morning signifies righteousness, not evil.

Edited by JLHPROF
3 hours ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

70% of people who oppose gay marriage only do so because they were made fun of by a gay person in their formative years. Of course, 86% of statistics are made up on the spot.

3 hours ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

What a ridiculous hate-filled post.

I may not approve of homosexuality as I believe it is against God's plan, commands, and order, but almost everything you say about homosexuality here would qualify as hate speech and is just wrong.

I am concerned at how many Church members are in favor of SSM and want more tolerance of such relationships, but this OP is just nonsense.

6 hours ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

We are doing what now?

Do I need to be berated for my profile name too? :( 

15 hours ago, EntropyJustKillUsNow said:

Is the Mormon Church really supporting the LGBT??

The Mormon church is absolutely supporting those who are LGBT, because they will always be precious children of Heavenly Parents, who are, just like everyone else on earth, were righteous spirits in the pre-existence, who chose to come to earth to get bodies, and learn how to use them, control  them in submission to God's will, by accepting His plan.   The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is on earth to teach His doctrine and one of those basic doctrines is that all people have agency to make their own choices, and that following God by coercion doesn't have the capacity to change hearts so we can become like Him.

So the Mormon Church teaches its members and the world that being attracted to same sex is NOT A SIN, to be kind to those who sin, to not prevent them from renting or employment (the church actively supported a law protecting those rights for LGBT in Utah), while at the same time, actively working to preserve civil recognition of only marriages between men and women, until the Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriage prohibition is unconstitutional; to welcome LGBTQ etc. into our personal worlds in friendship, and into our congregations should any chose to worship with us.

I'm not sure how mortals get the notion that homosexuality is somehow a bigger problem than hetrosexual intimate relations outside of marriage.    If the OP wants to have a bee up ..... for something, perhaps it should be a crusade to discourage pre- and extra-marital sex, which has done a lot more harm in the world over the centuries than homosexuality I suspect.

I suspect that Heavenly Father is just as mad at Mormons who demean and treat badly those who sin differently than they do, or even those who demean, judge, or treat badly those who live the Gospel and/or think differently than they do, as he is at LGBTQ who are intimate outside of a marriage with the opposite sex.   He might even be madder at the former than the latter, since homosexuality may well be the most difficult circumstance to live consistent with His will that exists in mortal life and His judgment is always fair.