Seriously No Politics ×

Ward Interregnum

Wondering what you awesome people call your family meetings on Sunday?

(last name) Ward, pro tem or tempore?

Regular-ward interregnum?

(I understand each family is not it's own branch/ward during the quarantine; just wondering how you all are using humor to cope)

My kids have enjoyed making programs and conducting our little Sacrament meetings

Edited by nuclearfuels

We continue to be members of our ward. We are temporarily administering the sacrament at home with authorization from our bishop, who holds the priesthood keys for our ward, a fact I continually impress upon our children. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
3 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

(I understand each family is not it's own branch/ward during the quarantine; just wondering how you all are using humor to cope)

My kids have enjoyed making programs and conducting our little Sacrament meetings

Kind of like the branch meetings we used to hold at the home of David and Frieda Galbraith in East Jerusalem each Sabbath half a century ago.  A very small but faithful group.  Like a large family.  A beautiful experience.

All I know is I'm impressed people actually dress up and hold church! I don't know if I'd be that member while active, to dress up while staying at home. Maybe I wasn't as stalwart as I thought I was. Wait, on second thought I think I probably would have dressed up if I was taking the Sacrament. I guess in my head when we'd stay home and watch conference or while ill, I wouldn't have dressed up. 

Edited by Tacenda

We call them sacrament meeting and Sunday Schol.

Edited by Bernard Gui
7 hours ago, Tacenda said:

All I know is I'm impressed people actually dress up and hold church! I don't know if I'd be that member while active, to dress up while staying at home. Maybe I wasn't as stalwart as I thought I was. Wait, on second thought I think I probably would have dressed up if I was taking the Sacrament. I guess in my head when we'd stay home and watch conference or while ill, I wouldn't have dressed up. 

We do home church but we don't dress up. I don't dress up for watching conference either.

7 hours ago, Tacenda said:

"dress up"...?   We don't !  We have taken the time to teach our children that God looks beyond the outside, that he looks into the hearts of those who serve him. It wasn't easy at first but now they've got the point and try to behave and act in a holier and more sacred way without having to "dress up"

I call it awesome because we don't have to go to the chapel for church.  At home I'm not marginalized and ignored.

11 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

[...]

We call it Family Home Evening still - only now we include the sacrament as well.

My kids' favorite part is when I thank myself for reverently administering the sacrament and invite myself to go sit with my family. ;) 

1 hour ago, Amulek said:

We call it Family Home Evening still - only now we include the sacrament as well.

My kids' favorite part is when I thank myself for reverently administering the sacrament and invite myself to go sit with my family. ;) 

Hahaha! Your kids have a fun dad!! I definitely think there is bright speck of a blessing that has come from families that have church at home. I've been following Al Fox Carraway's youtube and she posts all of their at home church. And the children give talks all off the top of their heads and use the scriptures. Mind you they are preschool and I believe a kindergartner or 1st grader and you can tell they love it. They dress up in their Sunday clothes. i guess not all dress up. I've just seen a lot of dressed up people in my neighborhood or elsewhere as well. So thought that was the thing, referring to my preceding post. 

We call it Home Sacrament because it is on authority delegated by our Bishop.  It is a sacred time so we dress up for it.  There is NO constraint for us to sing at least three hymns (no social distancing here).  We take anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours in our discussions.

13 minutes ago, longview said:

We call it Home Sacrament because it is on authority delegated by our Bishop.  It is a sacred time so we dress up for it.  There is NO constraint for us to sing at least three hymns (no social distancing here).  We take anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours in our discussions.

This reminds me - we do call it something!  We just call it "the sacrament".

We minister to a single sister so on the weeks my husband does the sacrament for her we (husband, adult daughter and me) have sacrament with her out on her patio, but we don't spend much time there so we do other things at home.

15 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Sacrament time and scripture study time and new Book of Mormon movie time, when a new one has come out. We have a smart TV now so we go to the main Church website and go from there. Beginning exercises are reviewing the pictures on the main page to see if any new talks have been posted. We sometimes read or click on the video links.

23 minutes ago, alter idem said:

We call it 'home church ' and general conference has always been 'pajama church'. Dressing up for home church is optional, but lounge wear is standard dress code for general conference😊

lounge wear. pajamas. stretchy pants. it's what we wear in our house, sometimes. for fun.

Edited by Ahab
13 hours ago, Boanerges said:

We do home church but we don't dress up. I don't dress up for watching conference either.

I kind of feel "incorrect" to administer the sacrament dressed in street clothing, to be frank. But I definitely watch Conference in civvies.

5 hours ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

Do you have x-ray vision, or are you peering through their windows? :P 

No, lol! Actually it's not just the neighborhood it's while driving as well. Maybe they are taking the Sacrament to people.