Seriously No Politics ×

Mormons are Warmest

Even as a black hearted apostate I have not shed my Mormon warmth. I like that spark of faith and optimism I have about people. To be clear I am glad it is tempered a bit with some realism and skepticism, but it makes me happy to have that automatic response to people. It's something I love about being Mormon. (I get to say I am Mormon because it doesn't mean orthodox LDS ;) )

Based on my experience with many a Southern Baptist in my youth, my suspicion is they would likewise agree Mormons are the warmest - if only because such will be necessary to secure to our long term comfort...in hell. :diablo:

Edited by Amulek
1 hour ago, Amulek said:

Based on my experience with many a Southern Baptist in my youth, my suspicion is they would likewise agree Mormons are the warmest - if only because such will be necessary to secure to our long term comfort...in hell. :diablo:

God dwells in everlasting burnings. Hell is heaven.

10 hours ago, bearhoof said:

"When gauged on their warmth toward other religious groups, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gave the most positive ratings."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/mormons-probably-like-you-atheists-probably-dont

I think there was a similar poll posted here recently that gave evidence to the same thing.  It showed that Mormons were the most likely to like other religions, but that we were among the least liked by others.

10 hours ago, pogi said:

I think there was a similar poll posted here recently that gave evidence to the same thing.  It showed that Mormons were the most likely to like other religions, but that we were among the least liked by others.

I remember being on another board.  People often didn't trust good people on that board in various situations. It was weird. 

11 hours ago, pogi said:

Proving the adage that nice guys finish last.

15 hours ago, pogi said:

They're just jealous! ;)

I am hesitant to make this post, but I am gonna anyway! Let me state from its beginning that I am trying to be funny, yet serious; lighthearted with a heavy heart; sincere yet with some jest attached! OK? Everybody got that . . . please don't get mad at me! Ha! Now I bet you can't wait to read this! 😁 Here it goes ----

I have no disagreement with the warmth, kindness and smiles with which my LDS friends assure me: that I have no valid priesthood or the authority that goes with it; that it is impossible for me to have the Gift of the Holy Spirit, only occasional flashes of the same; that every baptism I have ever performed, or sacrament service that I have ever led has been an act that has either displeased or been ignored by the Savior; that my own baptism by my father was done by one without any authority to do so, therefore it was spiritually meaningless; that I pretend when I take the sacrament; that I have never made any valid covenants, so I can't possibly renew them; that outside of the LDS church, there is no other true and living church or path to salvation and sanctification (exaltation); that I am utterly dependent on the LDS church in this life or the next to complete my salvation and eternal destiny with Christ and the Father; that there is no such thing as a faithful non-member of the LDS church; that I am a critic in disguise; that as a non-LDS Christian I don't or can't possibly believe in revelation outside of the Scripture; that Evangelicals are all the same - the enemies of the LDS Church; that there is no difference between Fundamentalists and Evangelicals; that I am not a reprobate, but probably am apostate; oh and last and best of all, "Please don't take offense . . . . its nothing personal!

Now tell me again how all these people "like" other religions?

I have been told every one of these things and more by very warm LDS church members! Is it any wonder I have concluded in reality I am simply . . . . . . . . "Brother Other!" 🙃

2 hours ago, Navidad said:

I am hesitant to make this post, but I am gonna anyway! Let me state from its beginning that I am trying to be funny, yet serious; lighthearted with a heavy heart; sincere yet with some jest attached! OK? Everybody got that . . . please don't get mad at me! Ha! Now I bet you can't wait to read this! 😁 Here it goes ----

I have no disagreement with the warmth, kindness and smiles with which my LDS friends assure me: that I have no valid priesthood or the authority that goes with it; that it is impossible for me to have the Gift of the Holy Spirit, only occasional flashes of the same; that every baptism I have ever performed, or sacrament service that I have ever led has been an act that has either displeased or been ignored by the Savior; that my own baptism by my father was done by one without any authority to do so, therefore it was spiritually meaningless; that I pretend when I take the sacrament; that I have never made any valid covenants, so I can't possibly renew them; that outside of the LDS church, there is no other true and living church or path to salvation and sanctification (exaltation); that I am utterly dependent on the LDS church in this life or the next to complete my salvation and eternal destiny with Christ and the Father; that there is no such thing as a faithful non-member of the LDS church; that I am a critic in disguise; that as a non-LDS Christian I don't or can't possibly believe in revelation outside of the Scripture; that Evangelicals are all the same - the enemies of the LDS Church; that there is no difference between Fundamentalists and Evangelicals; that I am not a reprobate, but probably am apostate; oh and last and best of all, "Please don't take offense . . . . its nothing personal!

I have been told every one of these things and more by very warm LDS church members! Is it any wonder I have concluded in reality I am simply . . . . . . . . "Brother Other!" 🙃

For what its worth ...my take is that  I can "like" other Churches (read as like members of the same) and not accept their doctrine.  I have friends who I believe are friendly towards the LDS Church, yet vehemently disagree with us doctrinally.  Thats okay.   So, the fact that over the years your LDS friends have shared with you our beliefs doctrinally..as you have enumerated...does not mean that they do not "like" you or your Church.  I have shared my faith and doctinal beliefs with my friends...and necessarily had to share/explain those same beliefs your friends shared with you.  It was...and still is all good.

8 minutes ago, randy said:

I have shared my faith and doctinal beliefs with my friends...and necessarily had to share/explain those same beliefs your friends shared with you. 

I rarely share my faith and beliefs with anyone I don’t like.  I tend to shutdown and back off irl at least around people I don’t like. Online I probably do the same except perhaps on this board, though I am still much less likely to respond to those I don’t like.

I have probably discussed differences in beliefs with Catholics most, which is the faith I am most attracted to outside of the one I currently have. 

Edited by Calm

So now that "Mormon" has been erased, then can we be Mormists who believe in Mormonism?

Then we could say "Mormists are the warmist"

Especially in July!

Pie-in-ear day!  Piping hot pies still in the oven!

Edited by mfbukowski
4 hours ago, Navidad said:

I think you’ve just perfectly described why “Mormons” are generally looked down upon and by most other Christians and not even considered Christians by many. 

As for us “Mormons,” I think most of us have a lot of respect and love for members of other Christian denominations. We consider you to be fellow Christians and recognize and respect that many of you do a lot of good in serving your fellow man and standing up for traditional values and morals as contained in the Bible.

We generally like to build on the many things that we have in common with you and believe that we are all trying to love and serve the same God, though we may understand him differently. 

Yes Mormons are really warm nice people indeed. I am totaly agree with that. To bad that those same Mormons can be a little bit colder for Gay people who won't wanna follow the law of chastity. And in some places of Utah they seem to be even cold for black people. 🌬🥶

That thing about black people that thet have an curse on them i also don't buy btw. What a nonsens.

For the rest i am agree with the fact that the LDS church is the warmest most welcome church there is. In compare with other churches. 

Edited by Dario_M
26 minutes ago, Dario_M said:

As if we are the only church that does that and all the other churches don't follow Jesus Christ the best of their ability's

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

The "they" in the sentence, "I like that they are trying to follow Christ to the best of their ability" (emphasis added), was referring to other churches.