-
Posts
6,399 -
Joined
Everything posted by MustardSeed
-
I’m trying to just be chill about this whole thing.
-
primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly.
-
This appears to be permanent
-
And youth teachers /RS and Priesthood miss SS.
-
Changed in September, we meet during second hour. Since I teach GD I miss RS. It used to be quarterly, now according to “changes in the Sunday schedule” section of LDS.org, under “common questions, “ it indicates monthly teacher training. I mean you gotta dig to find it but apparently our new SS president did her digging and now here we are. And she stated today she is not gonna let this die. I just wondered if we are the only ones. I suspect it might even be a typo since it’s not updated accordingly in the handbook itself.
-
Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ?
-
Unfamiliar- looks like in Apple it’s called Days. sounds very Beatles-like.
-
Music is supposed to make you feel! It’s working then 😉
-
I’m doing a solo acoustic show in November, at a small arts cafe- expecting 70 attendees all ages. Mostly adults. the theme is Hippie night- I’m gonna just play guitar and sing. Any requests? So far on my list: Both Sides Now Just a Song Before I Go Mellow Yellow the Riddle Song Leavin on a Jet Plane Peace Train Summer Breeze Venus Feelin Groovy me n Bobby McGee
-
There is a doc on I think Netflix about the robot apocalypse- not that I’m a prepper at all but I got 20 minutes in and turned it off because I don’t need to add to my pile of anxieties lol- But I am aware that AI is growing beyond our understanding. And I do believe it will create challenges we cannot see, and very soon. as a therapist, I am concerned by what I am seeing with regards to AI replacing human connection. For example, yesterday I watched a clip of a girl who was playing with chat, telling chat she had just been swallowed by a whale. I use chat but she was using voice chat. I was shocked by how emotional chat sounded in his responses to her. He sounded very, very real. There was nothing robot-ish about his voice, inflections, etc. A lot of the comments in the comment section were m also alarmed by how human Chat sounded. A few days ago, I had a severely depressed Client reach out to me and ask if it would be OK for him to stop interacting with humans and just use chat to talk “to people”. And let’s not even talk about sex. unless of course Smac wants to lol 🤣😬🤘🏼 Hey and yes you can pry my robot vacuum mop out of my cold dead hands. If the church came out and said DO NOT USE ROBOTS to get ahead of sexy maid roommates (they are coming) I’d have a hard time giving up Jerry, my favorite disk cleaner.
-
Since the church likes to be directive and since members like the rules spelled out, I’m surprised there has been no revelation or directions regarding relationships with robots. Or has there? AI will be the biggest revolution humankind has ever seen. It’s right around the corner. the church often refers to the proclamation as ahead of its time regarding gender issues as if it’s evidence of its prophesy skills (imo) - so where is the directives on bot issues?
-
It’s not that you can’t order, it’s that when you go to order they indicate everything is sold out.
-
I’d rather hear a lecture than listen to my ward discuss. It’s the same 5 ladies who need group therapy but come to church instead 😕
-
No worries. My post was a meaningless rant itself. I don’t like being treated or talked to like we are 6 and teaching that class yesterday I felt highly annoyed.
-
I feel like we need another meeting to discuss the new schedule 😅 I teach GD and a guy in our class who attends every week was gobsmacked to learn that he would be attending Sunday school AND priesthood every week. I told him it was his fault that we had to spend the entire class time watching the videos. ☠️🤣 and then we had to go to RS and watch another video and discuss yet again! Apparently I did not get enough because here I am talking about it again. Heaven forbid bigger changes than this.
-
For sure. The church would do well to make that effort a bit easier.
-
The generational curse brought on by birth control
MustardSeed replied to theplains's topic in General Discussions
Since the church has taken the path of being not involved, your wish is granted -
I wish you the best in your pursuit of health and happiness, Tony.
-
The generational curse brought on by birth control
MustardSeed replied to theplains's topic in General Discussions
So since the church has clarified its position, and you disagree with it, and instead hold on to a talk given in the 70s, it appears you do not trust the present leadership or at least its position on this topic. Which is fine, you don’t have to trust current leadership, but if you’re going to preach to us it’s helpful if you can clarify your absence of faith in present leadership. -
I usually just sit on my phone for the captcha exercise. Butt dialing the answers seems to be quite effective.
-
The generational curse brought on by birth control
MustardSeed replied to theplains's topic in General Discussions
My husband had the same attitude. Family first over callings. Now that our kids are grown and gone, he is very committed and devoted to his calling in the young men’s. He’s made a huge difference and a lot of their lives. Many of them if not, most of them are autistic and it is a very challenging class, but he has made a tremendous difference in their lives. It’s been good for me to be exposed to something other than what I was raised with, where church took the priority over family in every way. -
The generational curse brought on by birth control
MustardSeed replied to theplains's topic in General Discussions
How far back in history with much revelation in between you allow yourself to go to require yourself and others to follow the dictates of leadership, which is often taken out of context of cultural realities? Do you stop at 1970? Because there is PLENTY of directives over miriads of topics since creation of earth that havecsince been overruled by current leadership. where is your faith in present leadership? -
I was going to ask how many times lawyers convince their clients to take their soon to be ex-spouse to the cleaners and to fight for custody even when it does damage to children and further damage to families beyond just divorce. But I decided to be more grown-up than that so I won’t start the controversy 😎
-
Someone from our ward finally reached out to us
MustardSeed replied to Notatbm's topic in General Discussions
Looks like I misunderstood something you said. Also, though, I didn’t assume something happened to you personally. Nevertheless, I erased my post.
