Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

2 hours ago, bluebell said:

When you do have a chance to listen can you share what it contains?  I don't do podcasts.

I sure will. Bluebell, you don't do podcasts? I don't know what I would do without them. I find it so difficult to read now, I rely on audio everything. And I guess I enjoy listening to others' viewpoints, knowledge, or ? I guess I'm thirsty for adult conversation too. Not that I'm talking with them, just listening helps I guess. That's what being inactive does I guess. 

14 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I sure will. Bluebell, you don't do podcasts? I don't know what I would do without them. I find it so difficult to read now, I rely on audio everything. And I guess I enjoy listening to others' viewpoints, knowledge, or ? I guess I'm thirsty for adult conversation too. Not that I'm talking with them, just listening helps I guess. That's what being inactive does I guess. 

No I hate listening to stuff like that, or having to watch a video.  I'd MUCH rather read an article because then I have a record of what was said, and I don't miss stuff because my kids are being noisy or whatever.

1 hour ago, bluebell said:

No I hate listening to stuff like that, or having to watch a video.  I'd MUCH rather read an article because then I have a record of what was said, and I don't miss stuff because my kids are being noisy or whatever.

I have a terrible time retaining stuff and listened to part one at night in bed, and part two while on a bike ride, so both times I was distracted. But that's no excuse. I'd love for @Calm to listen, she would do an excellent job describing what was in them. Sorry I'm no help! I'm going to listen again though, and try to have more information. 

There were things in the two podcasts that will be new information I believe. She said that she knew Melanie Gibb had romantic feelings for Chad and that she became close friends with both Chad and Lori because of it. The first podcast is mostly about all the beliefs she and the group have and says many in her group are in pockets of towns throughout Utah and Idaho if I remember right, places like Manti, Utah etc.

She mentioned a trip Chad took his kids on with Lori to California and how that probably made the kids very happy because they'd rarely gone on vacation. She said right after they were married Chad and Lori were on a couch and couldn't keep their hands off of each other in front of everyone and that Lori told Melanie before they were married that she wished she could have sex three times a day with Chad. Or maybe it was after they married, not sure. Julie also said that Chad and herself were sealed together and Chad wanted her to perform the ordinance instead of himself, the PH holder. And Julie really didn't take it serious at all but participated as a joke. 

There is just so much and sad that I can't remember more. Little things come back to me, but I may get it wrong until I re-listen and I'm out of my allotted posts for the day. 

ETA: Listening to part two again, Julie said that Chad had Peter, James and John appeared to him. Makes me wonder if he thinks he's a prophet like Joseph Smith. Especially because Julie said Chad is sealed to many women.

Julie said Chad may not have killed Tammy physically, but spiritually because Chad is a thayton (sp?).  Crazy stuff! 

She also said Chad is probably living at his house with some of his kids in Rexburg. But had asked some of their group if he could live in their basement if Lori got out on bail and also if they would put their house up for bail, and he was told no.

Julie says all of the time that this was her and others mission to bring forth all of this stuff.

Edited by Tacenda
4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

There were things in the two podcasts that will be new information I believe. She said that she knew Melanie Gibb had romantic feelings for Chad a

Rowe makes up stuff as she goes along. I think it is as likely Rowe had feelings for Chad as he was probably one of the first men besides her husband who gave her so much attention and told her she was important.

Six months ago Chad was innocent of any wrongdoing. Has she forgotten she said that?

Edited by Calm
7 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I have a terrible time retaining stuff and listened to part one at night in bed, and part two while on a bike ride, so both times I was distracted. But that's no excuse. I'd love for @Calm to listen, she would do an excellent job describing what was in them. Sorry I'm no help! I'm going to listen again though, and try to have more information. 

There were things in the two podcasts that will be new information I believe. She said that she knew Melanie Gibb had romantic feelings for Chad and that she became close friends with both Chad and Lori because of it. The first podcast is mostly about all the beliefs she and the group have and says many in her group are in pockets of towns throughout Utah and Idaho if I remember right, places like Manti, Utah etc.

She mentioned a trip Chad took his kids on with Lori to California and how that probably made the kids very happy because they'd rarely gone on vacation. She said right after they were married Chad and Lori were on a couch and couldn't keep their hands off of each other in front of everyone and that Lori told Melanie before they were married that she wished she could have sex three times a day with Chad. Or maybe it was after they married, not sure. Julie also said that Chad and herself were sealed together and Chad wanted her to perform the ordinance instead of himself, the PH holder. And Julie really didn't take it serious at all but participated as a joke. 

There is just so much and sad that I can't remember more. Little things come back to me, but I may get it wrong until I re-listen and I'm out of my allotted posts for the day. 

ETA: Listening to part two again, Julie said that Chad had Peter, James and John appeared to him. Makes me wonder if he thinks he's a prophet like Joseph Smith. Especially because Julie said Chad is sealed to many women.

Julie said Chad may not have killed Tammy physically, but spiritually because Chad is a thayton (sp?).  Crazy stuff! 

She also said Chad is probably living at his house with some of his kids in Rexburg. But had asked some of their group if he could live in their basement if Lori got out on bail and also if they would put their house up for bail, and he was told no.

Julie says all of the time that this was her and others mission to bring forth all of this stuff.

When I re-listened to part of part two, the bold should actually say that they got all touchy-feely before marriage while hanging out with an unnamed couple in their 60's.

17 hours ago, Tacenda said:

When I re-listened to part of part two, the bold should actually say that they got all touchy-feely before marriage while hanging out with an unnamed couple in their 60's.

How does Julie know this?  Did she see it in a vision (because she makes claims she knows things and this is how she managed to learn of them) or was she there or did someone tell her?

And why is she only public with this AFTER Gibb's interview that says the same thing (PDA on the BYUI track)?

Edited by Calm
9 hours ago, Calm said:

How does Julie know this?  Did she see it in a vision (because she makes claims she sees things and this is how she managed) or was she there or did someone tell her?

And why is she only public with this AFTER Gibb's interview that says the same thing (PDA on the BYUI track)?

Apparently she knows the couple and they told her, I'm thinking. I am almost sure she mentioned that the couple told her. I'm sick of trying to listen to the podcasts now, haha. BTW, she was interviewed by Nancy Grace so I wonder what things she might have come up for that. It's going to be aired soon I guess.  

16 hours ago, Calm said:

Rowe makes up stuff as she goes along. I think it is as likely Rowe had feelings for Chad as he was probably one of the first men besides her husband who gave her so much attention and told her she was important.

Six months ago Chad was innocent of any wrongdoing. Has she forgotten she said that?

Rowe is also giving a lot of information that she actually shouldn't know, since she said Chad ended their contact back when they argued over money in ending their professional relationship and she was excommunicated.  That was last March 2019.

So, if her information is accurate,  who is she talking to?

2 hours ago, alter idem said:

Rowe is also giving a lot of information that she actually shouldn't know, since she said Chad ended their contact back when they argued over money in ending their professional relationship and she was excommunicated.  That was last March 2019.

So, if her information is accurate,  who is she talking to?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing when asking if her source was her visions.  

She has been trying to be relevant, to use this tragedy for her personal advantage since it began.  She alters her ‘deep insider knowledge’ based on what was publicly said by others.  She attacks, even threatens others who challenge her with her version of stalking...she knows who they are, can see them in their homes that moment through her ‘gift’. 

It is rather disgusting imo. I wish the media dug deeper to realize this is a con instead of being so willing to be taken advantage by her in order to be ‘cutting edge’ for this story. 

Edited by Calm
22 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Thanks Tacenda for the summary! 

22 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Thanks Tacenda!  I appreciate you taking the time to give a report on it.

I slept much of the day yesterday and last night (heavenly except for the phone calls waking me up :) ), so I might listen to at least some of the podcast tonight because you asked so nicely, Tacenda....but not sure my stomach can take too much of her.  I may have reached my limit with that last one I went through. 

And it looks like you did the heavy work, thank you!  Took one for the team there. ;) 

That's consistent with what Chad's former friend, Julie Rowe, told InsideEdition.com. Rowe published several books with Chad. 

"Three weeks before Tammy dies, he said to me, and he was in this frustrated voice, 'My plan can't move forward until Tammy's dead,' or 'until Tammy dies,'" Rowe told InsideEdition.com, explaining she believes Chad was referring to his "life plan," or the plan that God had for him. 

"I was disheartened, I was very disturbed by that," said Rowe, an author who writes about her own visions and near-death experiences. "Because if anyone understands how a person's plan works, people don't get in the way of our plans. Our plans are our plans, especially our spouses, and we are married to them for a reason." 

What she says now

https://www.insideedition.com/lori-vallow-daybells-friend-says-lori-believed-an-earthquake-would-distract-investigators-from

vs

What she said then in December 

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/27/member-of-missing-rexburg-childrens-religion-speaks/

Rowe said both she and Chad Daybell had a vision where angels told them Daybell’s wife, Tammy would die.

“He would never hurt a child, he’s raised five beautiful amazing kids that I love like my own and he would never hurt Tammy,” said Rowe....

“God brought us together,” said Rowe.

The two became good friends, and Rowe said she would visit the Daybell’s in their Springville, Utah home “dozens of times.”

There was a three year period of time where Rowe would visit Daybell and his wife in their Rexburg home at least once a month.

Daybell and Rowe often talked about a vision they both had years ago where angels told them Tammy would die.

“He was emotionally distraught, he was crying and he said that his angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” said Rowe.

After her ex-communication from the Church, Rowe said they distanced themselves from each other.

Three weeks before Tammy’s death, Rowe and Daybell called each other.

“And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” said Rowe.

Tammy was in charge of the finances and covers for Daybell’s books. Rowe said Daybell wanted to get out of the business, but Tammy wanted to keep going.

“He said I’m ready to get out now and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this,” said Rowe.....

Rowe has never met Daybell’s new wife, Lori Vallow, but can vouch for Daybell’s character.

Not knowing were the kids and Daybell are, Rowe said she relies on her visions for comfort—she believes the kids are alive.

“I do know the kids are safe. I can see them,” said Rowe. “I can see their energy and that they’re in a bright house. I can see they’re in the living room where they are. I can see they’re comfortable bed at night.”

I can just feel the intensity of her disturbance...

vs 

What she said in Feb

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/crime/missing-rexburg-kids/chad-daybells-former-friend-says-he-predicted-his-late-wifes-death-and-brainwashed-his-kids/277-5966d4bc-da11-45ad-b011-2a399ada7b94

A woman who used to consider Chad Daybell a close friend says she doesn't recognize the man he's become....

She added that Chad often spoke to her about his visions of Tammy dying.

"He really felt like she was going to pass away last fall between October and December," Rowe said, adding that the two were having marital problems...

"What he had told me in February was that he and Tammy were tight on money and he was doing his best to keep his marriage together," she said...

Emma answered her phone and she was sobbing, and we had a 40-minute conversation," Rowe said. "I believe that he has done some brainwashing with them, I believe he is still using them."...

Rowe said while she never met Lori Vallow or her two missing children, she believes it's incredibly selfish how Chad and Lori have been acting.

"Chad's kids were left for the holidays after their mom just died and their dad takes off to Hawaii with another woman," Rowe said. "They had to see pictures of him getting married on the beach, holding hands, while they are stuck in Idaho with the FBI raiding them and the police storming their records and personal lives and he's MIA in Hawaii."

Edited by Calm

Tacenda, I just opened the podcast to see quality of audio and the host is gushing over Rowe, saying she has followed her for years. Is this how it is throughout the podcast?  Does she challenge her at all on her claims or is it all feel good stuff in terms of how she is with Rowe?

I have to rant some more. The host is going on about Rowe’s courage and conviction of her faith, she really admired her for this especially with all she has been through. She apparently has missed how Rowe has backed down multiple times, deleted the evidence, and blamed her followers rather than admitting she erred when her prophecies of destruction and political upheaval fell through...nope, she never said what she said...she also never stopped her followers from selling their homes and dumping their life savings into useless survival packages and tents as she ramped up the panic/ecstasy about the impending doom of her prophecies. 

Yeah, if this continues, not going to listen to it. 

About what time does the talk hit Daybell?  Maybe if I can skip to that?

Edited by Calm
On 6/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Tacenda said:

Makes me wonder if he thinks he's a prophet like Joseph Smith

He thinks he has been or is a holy ghost, so I suspect he sees himself as equal or greater to Joseph Smith (I have seen a lot of speculation in fringe groups that JS is the Holy Ghost) if he believes his own stuff. 

1 hour ago, Calm said:

He thinks he has been or is a holy ghost, so I suspect he sees himself as equal or greater to Joseph Smith (I have seen a lot of speculation in fringe groups that JS is the Holy Ghost) if he believes his own stuff. 

The way these people build on and add to their delusions of grandeur,  I expect him to one day claim he was Joseph Smith Jr  in one of his past lives. He thinks he's lived on numerous other planets too, I'm sure he believes he did some spectacular things on those past lives as well. 😉

23 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

What is it about ( our ) religion that brings out the " crazy " ones ? 

When you start with relatively "crazy" sounding foundational stories/claims, and add to that a heavy dose of spiritual liberty and personal revelation with a resistance to creeds and dogma...it is fertile ground for a wide spectrum of amazing and other-times absurd and crazy spiritual free thinkers. 

Edited by pogi
4 hours ago, Calm said:

He thinks he has been or is a holy ghost, so I suspect he sees himself as equal or greater to Joseph Smith ...

There's a cure for that nowadays ... just in case anyone's wondering. <_<:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, pogi said:

When you start with relatively "crazy" sounding foundational stories/claims, and add to that a heavy dose of spiritual liberty and personal revelation with a resistance to creeds and dogma...it is fertile ground for a wide spectrum of amazing and other-times absurd and crazy spiritual free thinkers. 

There are other faiths with a long list of mystics and their followers. This appears to be our version. Perhaps we are too practical of a people to have a mainstream path for those inclined towards mysticism.  So they stumble upon twisted ones or get lost in the weeds. 

When one gets obsessed with finding special knowledge, one’s desires can overwhelm one’s wisdom, I suspect. 

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Calm said:

There are other faiths with a long list of mystics and their followers. This appears to be our version. Perhaps we are too practical of a people to have a mainstream path for those inclined towards mysticism.  So they stumble upon twisted ones or get lost in the weeds. 

When one gets obsessed with finding special knowledge, one’s desires can overwhelm one’s wisdom, I suspect. 

According to what Julie said on the podcast, just remembered, is that they think the church is acting more like a corporation and not the church of Jesus Christ.