Possible Lung Cancer

Duncan

I don't want to be an alarmist or ride the drama Llama or anything but I went to the Dr. on Wed and he told me that there is a distinct possibilty I may have lung cancer. I have been dealing with pneumonia for the last almost two months now and I have had an aitch of a time with it. This past week was especially awful to say the least. So I was given two rounds of antibiotics and now I am on this blasted inhaler thing, I don't even know if I using it right but anyways. So I had a chest xray last week and there is this blob in my right lung, which the Dr. always thought, based on past xrays, was the pneumonia. This blob however isn't going away which he told me you know there is a distinct possibility it's lung cancer and it's why it isn't responding to the treatments. So, I had another chest xray yestarday and he wants to see if this blob is still there or shrinking or possibly growing, I won't get the results back until Wed. when I see him again. I haven't said a peep about to my 14 yr about cancer as I don't want to unecessarily worry him. So, he said it could be cancer or just stubborn pneumonia that won't go away and i'd rather deal with that then lung cancer I can assure you. My Mom had an aunt who died from cancer, about 80 years ago and my dad's brother had stomach cancer and he died in the 1960's but mostly people in the family peel out due to strokes, heart attacks, old age, a suicide but cancer really isn't a thing. So, if you won't mind including me in your prayers or appeals to deity of some healing capacity, I'd appreciate it!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! The name's CpAuMzEzRlOeN

If on Wed. I am told that this blob is still there then he said he'd get me into a CT Scan and see what this thing is

Edited by Duncan
52 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I don't want to be an alarmist or ride the drama Llama or anything but I went to the Dr. on Wed and he told me that there is a distinct possibilty I may have lung cancer. I have been dealing with pneumonia for the last almost two months now and I have had an aitch of a time with it. This past week was especially awful to say the least. So I was given two rounds of antibiotics and now I am on this blasted inhaler thing, I don't even know if I using it right but anyways. So I had a chest xray last week and there is this blob in my right lung, which the Dr. always thought, based on past xrays, was the pneumonia. This blob however isn't going away which he told me you know there is a distinct possibility it's lung cancer and it's why it isn't responding to the treatments. 

You shall be in my prayers brother, on that you can be sure. I had a similar experience about 25 years ago, and the waiting and not knowing was very difficult, more so for my family. Then after two biopsy, it was found to by "Sarcordosis", no picnic...but at least not cancer. Then had to take steroids for six months,, and it worked as it should, but Sarcordosis can go away or remain bringing. With it a whole host of health problems, most of which are manageable to one degree or another. My prayer for you will be that it just pneumonia, and that the antibiotics will work this time. 

God bless you, Duncan 

Just now, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

You shall be in my prayers brother, on that you can be sure. I had a similar experience about 25 years ago, and the waiting and not knowing was very difficult, more so for my family. Then after two biopsy, it was found to by "Sarcordosis", no picnic...but at least not cancer. Then had to take steroids for six months,, and it worked as it should, but Sarcordosis can go away or remain bringing. With it a whole host of health problems, most of which are manageable to one degree or another. My prayer for you will be that it just pneumonia, and that the antibiotics will work this time. 

God bless you, Duncan 

Thank you for that kind brother!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Duncan

You'll be in my prayers and on the Calgary Prayer Roll. I've been in a similar experience before. My feelings on the matter were that it was both an incredibly sanctifying experience that brought me into close communion with God, it wasn't a pleasant one, and so my thoughts, empathy, sympathy and prayers are totally with you, friend.

Just now, halconero said:

You'll be in my prayers and on the Calgary Prayer Roll. I've been in a similar experience before. My feelings on the matter were that it was both an incredibly sanctifying experience that brought me into close communion with God, it wasn't a pleasant one, and so my thoughts, empathy, sympathy and prayers are totally with you, friend.

I really, truly appreciate that!!!!! you're one of the great ones!!!!

Edited by Duncan
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

Oh Duncan!  You are NOT allowed to have cancer.  

I will be praying.  Please let us know on Wednesday what the dr. said. :( 

through tears i'm typing this- Thank you for that!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

I don't want to be an alarmist or ride the drama Llama or anything but I went to the Dr. on Wed and he told me that there is a distinct possibilty I may have lung cancer. I have been dealing with pneumonia for the last almost two months now and I have had an aitch of a time with it. This past week was especially awful to say the least. So I was given two rounds of antibiotics and now I am on this blasted inhaler thing, I don't even know if I using it right but anyways. So I had a chest xray last week and there is this blob in my right lung, which the Dr. always thought, based on past xrays, was the pneumonia. This blob however isn't going away which he told me you know there is a distinct possibility it's lung cancer and it's why it isn't responding to the treatments. So, I had another chest xray yestarday and he wants to see if this blob is still there or shrinking or possibly growing, I won't get the results back until Wed. when I see him again. I haven't said a peep about to my 14 yr about cancer as I don't want to unecessarily worry him. So, he said it could be cancer or just stubborn pneumonia that won't go away and i'd rather deal with that then lung cancer I can assure you. My Mom had an aunt who died from cancer, about 80 years ago and my dad's brother had stomach cancer and he died in the 1960's but mostly people in the family peel out due to strokes, heart attacks, old age, a suicide but cancer really isn't a thing. So, if you won't mind including me in your prayers or appeals to deity of some healing capacity, I'd appreciate it!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! The name's CpAuMzEzRlOeN

If on Wed. I am told that this blob is still there then he said he'd get me into a CT Scan and see what this thing is

Ahhhh Duncan...

I have had several times when I have had these kinds of scare. Thinking I have cancer of the lung or brain or less elegant parts. I have never been told I am for it. But waiting for test results is really quite hard. Either way, God bless you and your boy Duncan. I hope you're okay.

Rory

Just now, 3DOP said:

Ahhhh Duncan...

I have had several times when I have had these kinds of scare. Thinking I have cancer of the lung or brain or less elegant parts. I have never been told I am for it. But waiting for test results is really quite hard. Either way, God bless you and your boy Duncan. I hope you're okay.

Rory

I appreciate it!!!

Just now, JulieM said:

Oh Duncan!  You have to be everyone's favorite here (and that's quite a feat considering the variety of posters we have!)

I'm so sorry you're going through this :(

The waiting is the worst and I'll be praying for you and sending healing wishes your way.  Your son is in my prayers too.

oh, Thank you for this kind message!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

Just now, Garden Girl said:

Prayers going forward, Duncan... let us know as soon as you have news....

GG

Thank you! I will! the appt. is at 430 pm so I won't know if this blob is there until evening sometime, which is what it is I guess

Just now, Okrahomer said:

Many of us love the personality that comes across in your posts.  Count me among them.  You're already in my prayers, dear brother.

Thank you!, I appreciate it!! I tear up when I read these posts :(

Edited by Duncan
43 And whosoever among you are asick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be bnourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild cfood, and that not by the hand of an enemy.
  44 And the elders of the church, two or more, shall be called, and shall pray for and alay their bhands upon them in my name; and if they cdie they shall ddieunto me, and if they live they shall live unto me.
  45 Thou shalt alive together in blove, insomuch that thou shalt cweep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not dhope of a glorious resurrection.
  46 And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not ataste of bdeath, for it shall be csweet unto them;

You will be in our prayers Duncan. My wife beat cancer, you can too.