Jump to content

Pres. Oaks and "Black lives matter"


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, smac97 said:

Which is why I so appreciate having living prophets and apostles.  

We do.

We do not.  "{N}o prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."  (2 Peter 1:20)

It is very much a community affair.  I didn't make up the concept of "judeo-christian ethos."

Whether or not the individual chooses to submit to the judeo-christian ethos is "very much an internal affair."  But the development of the moral code itself?  Nope.  That's not "composed" by the individual.  If I recite Hamlet's soliloquy, I am not "composing" it.  I am accepting it as composed by it's author.  The same, I submit, goes with the judeo-christian ethos.

The Bible is not not an "internal" thing.  It may be internalized by the individual, but it reflects an external arbiter of right and wrong.

I'm starting to get the vibe that you really need to project this aspect of secular humanism (that the individual is the arbiter of right and wrong, rather than an external and superior source), but it just doesn't work.

Yes, there is.  Quite a bit, actually.

"It's only true to some people assume that God is not there and therefore assume that which inspires them is not from God."

Easy peasy!

Written where?  By whom?  When?

Who gets to decise what "human reason" dictates vis a vis moral/ethical questions?  The individual.

What are these "secular ethics?"  Who established them?  Where did they come from?  Do they originate in, and are they based on judeo-christian thought?  Sure seems like it.

What is "morality" in the absence of an external and superior arbiter of right and wrong?  There is none.  Only what the individual chooses.

We invented some religious precepts, but not all.

"It's only in the mind of secularits that God does not exist."

Easy peasy!

Well, no.  There are plenty of Latter-day Saints to would like to disregard the Law of Chastity because it conflicts with how they "personally feel."  And yet they submit to it. Because they believe there is an arbiter of right and wrong that is external and superior to them.

Secular humanism is very much a religion.  Rejecting the existence of God is a dogmatic, evidence-free dogma.

No.  Christianity has improved, but still has a long way to go.

I dunno.  If you get to paint all theists with the same brush, then why not pain all atheists the same way?  Goose, gander and all that?

Thanks,

-Smac

Christianity surely owes a big debt to the enlightenment and the scientific revolution.  They have made religion better. But the main problem of course is in what about religion that has been the root of all these problems.  That would largely be dogma in my estimation. Now most Christians don't have to rely on the bible or other scripture.  They can largely reject those problematic teachings and replace them with enlightenment level principles.  But sadly there still remains that penchant for dogma.  

Link to post
59 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

What exactly do you think a revolution would accomplish besides getting a lot of people killed?

No idea. Many revolutions fail to address the initial grievances that caused the revolt even if they win. Who knows? It could change things for the better or for the worse or do some of each or fail completely or partially. It would almost certainly have a high body count.

Probably best if we tried not to have a revolution.

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

If you don't think there is any difference between the U.S. Revolution and the havoc being wreaked by the most militant of those in sympathy with Black Lives Matter as they engage in arson, looting, vandalism, aggravated assault, and murder, then I can't help you.  What Church do you belong to?  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Article of Faith 1:12, Doctrine and Covenants 134, and several similar sentiments have been canonized.

and the militant against BLM? like those losers with semi automatics and the whole Nazi, white surpremacy movement that has risen in the last 4 years? as a member of the British Commonwealth I for one am glad we had a revolution, July the 4th is a day we celebrate getting rid of all those pesky colonies

I have a mission companion who joined a home grown militia and he would write these manifestos against ISIS and he wanted to storm the WH and take out Barack Obama. I dropped him from my facebook as I don't need the FBI or CIA or RCMP kicking down my door asking me about him! he and his 30 out of shape friends can storm the WH without my knowledge

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

If you don't think there is any difference between the U.S. Revolution and the havoc being wreaked by the most militant of those in sympathy with Black Lives Matter as they engage in arson, looting, vandalism, aggravated assault, and murder, then I can't help you.  What Church do you belong to?  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Article of Faith 1:12, Doctrine and Covenants 134, and several similar sentiments have been canonized.

Quite expectedly leaving out the actual grievances due to police brutality and targeting and the ongoing violent responses to protests.

I am sorry. I wasn’t aware that suggesting that violence and possible revolution are possible if people continue to be oppressed is against the scriptures. I guess it is an excommunication offense? Sorry, removing membership, forgot the new term. Well, I guess I am going to hell. Well, I had a nice ride.

It is funny to me that people who talk about the Second Coming being soon get squeamish and indignant when revolutions and other conflicts are brought up as possibilities.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Duncan said:

and the militant against BLM? like those losers with semi automatics and the whole Nazi, white surpremacy movement that has risen in the last 4 years? as a member of the British Commonwealth I for one am glad we had a revolution, July the 4th is a day we celebrate getting rid of all those pesky colonies

I have a mission companion who joined a home grown militia and he would write these manifestos against ISIS and he wanted to storm the WH and take out Barack Obama. I dropped him from my facebook as I don't need the FBI or CIA or RCMP kicking down my door asking me about him! he and his 30 out of shape friends can storm the WH without my knowledge

The Proud Boys or, as one politician called them, the Poor Boys. I find I prefer the good old days when punching fascists was encouraged and lauded.

  • Like 1
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Duncan said:

and the militant against BLM? like those losers with semi automatics and the whole Nazi, white surpremacy movement that has risen in the last 4 years? as a member of the British Commonwealth I for one am glad we had a revolution, July the 4th is a day we celebrate getting rid of all those pesky colonies

I have a mission companion who joined a home grown militia and he would write these manifestos against ISIS and he wanted to storm the WH and take out Barack Obama. I dropped him from my facebook as I don't need the FBI or CIA or RCMP kicking down my door asking me about him! he and his 30 out of shape friends can storm the WH without my knowledge

Scary! This Thursday night my local news station is airing a report of these types and what we need to be aware of concerning the militants/extremists.. 

https://kutv.com/news/local/thursday-at-10-extremists-in-utah

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Scary! This Thursday night my local news station is airing a report of these types and what we need to be aware of concerning the militants/extremists.. 

https://kutv.com/news/local/thursday-at-10-extremists-in-utah

If we make it through the end of the year without larger clashes instigated by these regressive hate groups I will be very pleasantly surprised.

  • Like 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, longview said:

bLM "protest" in Dallas 2016:  5 police officers killed.
St.Louis riot June:  retired police officer working as security guard killed.  His name was David Dorn.
Kyle Rittenhouse versus rabid pack of Antifas trying to take him down.  Kyle was providing medical aid to both sides and trying to ward off thugs from burning down businesses. He was NOT right wing (at least NOT the extremist they try to make him out to be).
Portland and Seattle "control zones":  leftist radicals shut out the police and several people died within those zones.

These are just off the top of my head.  We could do further checking and find a lot more casualties.

The founder of bLM is Alicia Garza who is a self avowed marxist.  The bLM website is rife with extreme radical objectives.  They recently removed an item advocating for the elimination of the nuclear family.  It was widely publicized so they erased that because it was bad PR.  Their real objective is the destruction of the Constitutional Republic.  The deaths of various black law breakers were cynically used by bLM to foment greater agitation.

It is hilarious how you continue to use ad hominem attacks to try to deflect attention to what is happening with riots around the country.  It will do you NO good to tell people to pay no attention to the person behind the curtain.

In the Obama administration, Lois Lerner weaponized the IRS to give conservative foundations a hard time with obtaining the appropriate taxing status while favoring leftist organizations.  Various other agencies have been weaponized, most notably the FBI.  Brennan, former head of the CIA, has voted for communist candidates.  The list can go on and on.

move then, don't whine about it. Hate America go somewhere else

Link to post
17 minutes ago, longview said:

Whine about what?  I am opposed to attempts to destroy the Constitution, described as an Heavenly Banner and analogous to the "Title of Liberty" held high by Captain Moroni.  Hate America?   Who?  You must mean Antifas and marxist bLM.  I wish those that hate America WOULD move to North Korea (it is their cup of tea).

you're whining about the BLM and Antifa and yet you still live in the United States, can't be all that bad then. I don't know anything about the constitution and I could not care less about it. If people are trying to destroy the constitution somehow, you don't seem to have any faith in the protectors of it.  A "Heavenly Banner"? what does even mean, wait don't care. How do you know so much about Marxism? I hope Trump and his family have a nice trip!

Edited by Duncan
Link to post
1 hour ago, longview said:

bLM "protest" in Dallas 2016:  5 police officers killed.
St.Louis riot June:  retired police officer working as security guard killed.  His name was David Dorn.
Kyle Rittenhouse versus rabid pack of Antifas trying to take him down.  Kyle was providing medical aid to both sides and trying to ward off thugs from burning down businesses. He was NOT right wing (at least NOT the extremist they try to make him out to be).
Portland and Seattle "control zones":  leftist radicals shut out the police and several people died within those zones.

These are just off the top of my head.  We could do further checking and find a lot more casualties.

The founder of bLM is Alicia Garza who is a self avowed marxist.  The bLM website is rife with extreme radical objectives.  They recently removed an item advocating for the elimination of the nuclear family.  It was widely publicized so they erased that because it was bad PR.  Their real objective is the destruction of the Constitutional Republic.  The deaths of various black law breakers were cynically used by bLM to foment greater agitation.

It is hilarious how you continue to use ad hominem attacks to try to deflect attention to what is happening with riots around the country.  It will do you NO good to tell people to pay no attention to the person behind the curtain.

In the Obama administration, Lois Lerner weaponized the IRS to give conservative foundations a hard time with obtaining the appropriate taxing status while favoring leftist organizations.  Various other agencies have been weaponized, most notably the FBI.  Brennan, former head of the CIA, has voted for communist candidates.  The list can go on and on.

Oh please. Antifa wasn't even an idea in the public consciousness until 2017 and the Dallas police shooting was in 2016. Not Antifa.

David Dorn: No known connection to Antifa.

Kyle Rittenhouse was a 17 year old armed medic for "both sides"? What kind of propaganda have you been reading. His parents took him out all dressed like they robbed an army surplus store and shot some people. You are arguing he is Antifa? He is not part of the body count as he is still alive. That was far-right violence.

As to being a Marxist movement, not really. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/jul/21/black-lives-matter-marxist-movement/

Another claim is that they want to destroy the nuclear family when they said on their website: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." That is not anti-family. It is the extension of the family to encompass more people including extended family. Did not stop idiots from repeating that they are out to destroy the family.

As to destroying the Republic that is your paranoid fantasy. People who believe that are why I said I would be surprised if we get to the end of the year without larger outbreaks of violence. Black Lives Matter is not out to destroy the nation. There are no ex-soviets or new communists cackling behind the curtain. I worked with many in this movement during the early days of the protests. They run the gamut from libertarians wanting equality to capitalists to trade syndicalists to Market Socialists and yeah, even some democratic socialists. They were united in one belief. The racist targeting of police officers must stop. If the secret cabal behind the protests (there was no cabal at all) suddenly demanded full communism the movement would all but die out in days. This is the same paranoia people were throwing at Martin Luther King in the protests and riots back then. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

As to your IRS thing that has no relevance to BLM or anything being discussed so I will assume you are just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something will stick? Or is this a snide insinuation that the foul Kenyan, the one and only Barack "The Islamic Shock" Super-Allah Hussein Obama is somehow behind BLM?

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
6 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Oh please. Antifa wasn't even an idea in the public consciousness until 2017 and the Dallas police shooting was in 2016. Not Antifa.

David Dorn: No known connection to Antifa.

Kyle Rittenhouse was a 17 year old armed medic for "both sides"? What kind of propaganda have you been reading. His parents took him out all dressed like they robbed an army surplus store and shot some people. You are arguing he is Antifa? He is not part of the body count as he is still alive. That was far-right violence.

As to being a Marxist movement, not really. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/jul/21/black-lives-matter-marxist-movement/

Another claim is that they want to destroy the nuclear family when they said on their website: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." That is not anti-family. It is the extension of the family to encompass more people including extended family. Did not stop idiots from repeating that they are out to destroy the family.

As to destroying the Republic that is your paranoid fantasy. People who believe that are why I said I would be surprised if we get to the end of the year without larger outbreaks of violence. Black Lives Matter is not out to destroy the nation. There are no ex-soviets or new communists cackling behind the curtain. I worked with many in this movement during the early days of the protests. They run the gamut from libertarians wanting equality to capitalists to trade syndicalists to Market Socialists and yeah, even some democratic socialists. They were united in one belief. The racist targeting of police officers must stop. If the secret cabal behind the protests (there was no cabal at all) suddenly demanded full communism the movement would all but die out in days. This is the same paranoia people were throwing at Martin Luther King in the protests and riots back then. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

As to your IRS thing that has no relevance to BLM or anything being discussed so I will assume you are just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something will stick? Or is this a snide insinuation that the foul Kenyan, the one and only Barack "The Islamic Shock" Super-Allah Hussein Obama is somehow behind BLM?

 

And that is the rest of the story. :)

Link to post
1 hour ago, longview said:

Whine about what?  I am opposed to attempts to destroy the Constitution, described as an Heavenly Banner and analogous to the "Title of Liberty" held high by Captain Moroni.  Hate America?   Who?  You must mean Antifas and marxist bLM.  I wish those that hate America WOULD move to North Korea (it is their cup of tea).

The heavenly banner opposed by the anti-fascists? Uh-huh. Black Lives Matter is about applying the Constitution and the law equally to people of all races. Are there bad actors taking advantage of the movement? Sure.

Have these bad actors been equivalent to the force deployed against them? No. Has the violent response to protests been limited to protests that involve criminal activity? Definitely no.

Here is one guy who mostly just does legal analysis talking about the incident in Trafalgar Square in case someone missed what happened.

"If you feel that the Second Amendment is more important than the First Amendment than I feel sorry for you."

Edited by The Nehor
  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, longview said:

Whine about what?  I am opposed to attempts to destroy the Constitution, described as an Heavenly Banner and analogous to the "Title of Liberty" held high by Captain Moroni.  Hate America?   Who?  You must mean Antifas and marxist bLM.  I wish those that hate America WOULD move to North Korea (it is their cup of tea).

Speaking of Captain Moroni....

https://kutv.com/news/beyond-the-podium/mike-lee-compares-donald-trump-to-book-of-mormon-hero-captain-moroni

Link to post
14 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

As to being a Marxist movement,

Don’t you mean Marxist witches?  :mega_shok:

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Calm said:

Don’t you mean Marxist witches?  :mega_shok:

Yeah, same tactic. You can ignore any legitimate concerns in a movement by labeling it communist whether it is or not. Ironically they now look back to Dr. King who got the same treatment when he was alive and is now held up as a bastion of good activism and his sepulchre is well-garnished. Meanwhile we stone, no hold on we got better at this, we now tear gas and shoot rubber bullets at the current iterations.

Kind of like prophets. And no, I am not saying their leaders (which they need more of btw) are equal to prophets.

I am not sure if it is fortunate or unfortunate that no Dr. King or Malcolm X personalities have reached prominence and have stepped forward yet. Luckily some of their concerns are being examined and candidates for reform are on the ballot this election.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I am not agitating for a revolution. I am saying that denial of the grievances may make one happen. You cannot tell people to address their grievances through the system forever when the system fails to address the grievances or, in some cases, actively defends the aggressors. Eventually the oppressed and disenfranchised will turn to violence.

This is why those who do not yet recognize that they benefit from the policies that contribute to those points of racial inequity that are found in the current system must listen to their "better angels." Servants like President Oaks inspire us to do that (they "cry repentance" per D&C 18:14, though they may not say it directly). We know that repenting is more than lip service ("I'm not racist" -- of course very few hold personal animosity against those of another race, but they can jealously, and usually unwittingly, defend their racial socialization and the associated benefits). I see repentance as actively engaging in both personal and community-influencing change.

Edited by CV75
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Oh please. Antifa wasn't even an idea in the public consciousness until 2017 and the Dallas police shooting was in 2016. Not Antifa.

David Dorn: No known connection to Antifa.

Kyle Rittenhouse was a 17 year old armed medic for "both sides"? What kind of propaganda have you been reading. His parents took him out all dressed like they robbed an army surplus store and shot some people. You are arguing he is Antifa? He is not part of the body count as he is still alive. That was far-right violence.

As to being a Marxist movement, not really. https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/jul/21/black-lives-matter-marxist-movement/

Another claim is that they want to destroy the nuclear family when they said on their website: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." That is not anti-family. It is the extension of the family to encompass more people including extended family. Did not stop idiots from repeating that they are out to destroy the family.

As to destroying the Republic that is your paranoid fantasy. People who believe that are why I said I would be surprised if we get to the end of the year without larger outbreaks of violence. Black Lives Matter is not out to destroy the nation. There are no ex-soviets or new communists cackling behind the curtain. I worked with many in this movement during the early days of the protests. They run the gamut from libertarians wanting equality to capitalists to trade syndicalists to Market Socialists and yeah, even some democratic socialists. They were united in one belief. The racist targeting of police officers must stop. If the secret cabal behind the protests (there was no cabal at all) suddenly demanded full communism the movement would all but die out in days. This is the same paranoia people were throwing at Martin Luther King in the protests and riots back then. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

As to your IRS thing that has no relevance to BLM or anything being discussed so I will assume you are just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something will stick? Or is this a snide insinuation that the foul Kenyan, the one and only Barack "The Islamic Shock" Super-Allah Hussein Obama is somehow behind BLM?

 

Thank you for posting this.  I have seen my brother fall into this same rabbit hole.  He seems to be especially vulnerable to people who take a quote out of context, twist its meaning and then declaring BLM as a racist/anti-nuclear family/communist/marxist (did I leave anything out) organization.  When asked for proof of his assertions, he swears it is in their manifesto.  When asked specifically where, he comes back saying they must have removed it.

We have seen this same story played out time and time again throughout the history of this country.  I am old enough to remember these same exact accusations were put on Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement 50 years ago.  I don't have that short of memory when these same accusations were put upon the equal rights activist in the LGBT community.  The first thing these guys do is warp themselves in a flag and waive the constitution as their "banner from heaven".  You know that document that guarantees equal rights for everyone under the law.  That group who campaigns as supporting law and order while supporting a president that has pardoned convicted felons who had due process in a court of law.  

This truth has proven to be dead on.  Those that fight equality for minorities under the law first wrap themselves in the flag and the constitution then start hurling everything they can at any minority group that dares ask for those constitutional rights guaranteed them.

Link to post
44 minutes ago, california boy said:

Thank you for posting this.  I have seen my brother fall into this same rabbit hole.  He seems to be especially vulnerable to people who take a quote out of context, twist its meaning and then declaring BLM as a racist/anti-nuclear family/communist/marxist (did I leave anything out) organization.  When asked for proof of his assertions, he swears it is in their manifesto.  When asked specifically where, he comes back saying they must have removed it.

We have seen this same story played out time and time again throughout the history of this country.  I am old enough to remember these same exact accusations were put on Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement 50 years ago.  I don't have that short of memory when these same accusations were put upon the equal rights activist in the LGBT community.  The first thing these guys do is warp themselves in a flag and waive the constitution as their "banner from heaven".  You know that document that guarantees equal rights for everyone under the law.  That group who campaigns as supporting law and order while supporting a president that has pardoned convicted felons who had due process in a court of law.  

This truth has proven to be dead on.  Those that fight equality for minorities under the law first wrap themselves in the flag and the constitution then start hurling everything they can at any minority group that dares ask for those constitutional rights guaranteed them.

Utah was one of the last states to okay the holiday for MLK day, before it was only called Human Rights day. I was listening to the Mormonland podcast this morning. https://www.sltrib.com/podcasts/mormonland/  It mentioned that in 1998 President Hinckley accepted an invitation to speak at the NAACP conference that year. Who knows, had it not happened I wonder if the recent happenings with the NAACP and President Nelson's support would have happened.  During that speech by Hinckley, Darius Gray was in the audience and leaned over to a general authority he was sitting by and asked why didn't Utah support the holiday for MLK day. And that GA authority said he'd ask. And soon after, Utah finally ok'd the MLK day. It's the morning so hopefully this all makes sense.

Edited by Tacenda
Link to post
1 hour ago, california boy said:

Thank you for posting this.  I have seen my brother fall into this same rabbit hole.  He seems to be especially vulnerable to people who take a quote out of context, twist its meaning and then declaring BLM as a racist/anti-nuclear family/communist/marxist (did I leave anything out) organization.  When asked for proof of his assertions, he swears it is in their manifesto.  When asked specifically where, he comes back saying they must have removed it.

We have seen this same story played out time and time again throughout the history of this country.  I am old enough to remember these same exact accusations were put on Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement 50 years ago.  I don't have that short of memory when these same accusations were put upon the equal rights activist in the LGBT community.  The first thing these guys do is warp themselves in a flag and waive the constitution as their "banner from heaven".  You know that document that guarantees equal rights for everyone under the law.  That group who campaigns as supporting law and order while supporting a president that has pardoned convicted felons who had due process in a court of law.  

This truth has proven to be dead on.  Those that fight equality for minorities under the law first wrap themselves in the flag and the constitution then start hurling everything they can at any minority group that dares ask for those constitutional rights guaranteed them.

This just sounds disingenuous to me. I cannot believe you did not read their site when it first came out - it said specifically that they were against the nuclear family. Both of the founders self-identify as "trained Marxists".  Of course they are racist. How are they any different from White Supremists? They go out of their way to their commitment to Black and Latino races. When white groups say the exact thing for the white race they become the horrible monsters and BLM becomes a benevolent organization that young people bow down to without thought, without review, or analysis of any kind.

I support Black lives, but I am completely against BLM. Their objectives are anything but Black Lives. If they were really in support of Black lives they would have addressed a number of issues that affect the Black community - Black on Black crime, education, housing, etc. among them. The sole focus has been police brutality - really white police officers because they seem to ignore when the police officers are Black. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
51 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Utah was one of the last states to okay the holiday for MLK day, before it was only called Human Rights day. I was listening to the Mormonland podcast this morning. https://www.sltrib.com/podcasts/mormonland/  It mentioned that in 1998 President Hinckley accepted an invitation to speak at the NAACP conference that year. Who knows, had it not happened I wonder if the recent happenings with the NAACP and President Nelson's support would have happened.  During that speech by Hinckley, Darius Gray was in the audience and leaned over to a general authority he was sitting by and asked why didn't Utah support the holiday for MLK day. And that GA authority said he'd ask. And soon after, Utah finally ok'd the MLK day. It's the morning so hopefully this all makes sense.

I think this is a good example of systemic racism on a couple of levels. One, the establishment of the holiday had to be approved by a system where white people hold the power and were ready and amenable to approve it. Two, like "Black History", this color-based holiday is not viewed as the norm: we don't carve out a "White History Month" because white contribution is the presumed norm. This dynamic is invisible to most white people and certainly void of ill-will, but nonetheless demonstrates where the power remains and which race is benefited even after acknowledgements are granted. This doesn't mean we shouldn't have such holidays or observances as steps toward racial equality, but the role of the white race needs to be included as part of the celebration (for better and worse) to achieve that.

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Storm Rider said:

This just sounds disingenuous to me. I cannot believe you did not read their site when it first came out - it said specifically that they were against the nuclear family. Both of the founders self-identify as "trained Marxists".  Of course they are racist. How are they any different from White Supremists? They go out of their way to their commitment to Black and Latino races. When white groups say the exact thing for the white race they become the horrible monsters and BLM becomes a benevolent organization that young people bow down to without thought, without review, or analysis of any kind.

I support Black lives, but I am completely against BLM. Their objectives are anything but Black Lives. If they were really in support of Black lives they would have addressed a number of issues that affect the Black community - Black on Black crime, education, housing, etc. among them. The sole focus has been police brutality - really white police officers because they seem to ignore when the police officers are Black. 

No, some people read it that way and interpreted it as such. But that’s not what it said and that’s not how many others read it as. 
 

and only people unfamiliar/uninvolved with black communities make these claims that always say what they should be focusing on in black community interests. There are a wide scope of organizations that interconnect and support each other while often holding specific focus within black communities both locally and nationally. BLM is apart of those while maintaining its main focus on reform to bring needed equality in justice and law enforcement for the black community and other communities of color. 
 

it’s not an either or experience

 

with luv, 

BD

  • Like 3
Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...