-
Posts
5,844 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Damien the Leper
-
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
I agree, Rory. I'm grateful for their participation. -
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
Thank you. Love the joy in my life. -
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
I'd like to also extend my thanks. I haven't been Catholic as long as Rory and Jesse but my gratitude is the same. I don't frequent the board as much anymore because I find I have very little, if anything, to contribute to LDS topics. I'm an outsider looking in. On a positive note: I just had my 6 year anniversary of conversion last moth! Woot woot! -
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
I am in 100% agreement with you. You answered better than I could. -
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
Rory! Sedevacantists are fun and a little nutty. -
SSPX: A Look at Issues with the Unity in the RCC
Damien the Leper replied to Damien the Leper's topic in General Discussions
Thank you for your insight, Rory. I hope all is well with you. I agree with you. Archeaologism does seem appropriate. LeFebvre, to me, would push back against the descriptor more out of stubbornness. -
Mormons not Christian (according to new military list)
Damien the Leper replied to Nofear's topic in General Discussions
Agreed. Hegseth's personal pastor is Doug Wilson. If his influence is evident then there are many issues to be had. -
Unauthorized Ordinations The Society of St. Pius X (referred to as SSPX for abbreviation) is set to ordain 4 bishops that are not authorized by the authorities of the Church. I am interested in hearing from my Catholic, Orthodox and LDS brothers and sisters on how this is a troubling scenario or not at all. For me, I seek building bridges and unity despite our grievances. Decades later, Vatican II is still a difficult subject. Thoughts?
-
Church discontinues Saturday evening session
Damien the Leper replied to JAHS's topic in General Discussions
I wish @Thunderfire still posted here. They could probably provide a better explanation. -
Church discontinues Saturday evening session
Damien the Leper replied to JAHS's topic in General Discussions
To them it is not pedantic. Having learned the history of the name change, they explicitly left out "the" in their name. To them they were called to be a Community of Christ and not The Community of Christ. The distinction means a great deal to them. Using "the" to begin a sentence followed by the name is a waste of time. Example... "Community of Christ officially changed its name 1 January 2001." Vs. "The Community of Christ officially changed its name 1 January 2001." The two sentences do not have the same meaning. There is absolutely a distinction with a purpose. Consider it in terms of the LDS church. Perhaps dropping "the" at the beginning of the name is pedantic. Example again... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vs the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints To LDS people there is a clear distinction between the three. Perhaps you're right and people are being pedantic. -
Added To or Taken Away?
Damien the Leper replied to ZealouslyStriving's topic in General Discussions
I don't care for The Message. I was joking. I cringe when I read it. -
Church discontinues Saturday evening session
Damien the Leper replied to JAHS's topic in General Discussions
Fixed it. There is no article 'the' in their name. -
Added To or Taken Away?
Damien the Leper replied to ZealouslyStriving's topic in General Discussions
Have you considered The Message version? -
Added To or Taken Away?
Damien the Leper replied to ZealouslyStriving's topic in General Discussions
I disagree. NRSV is better. Love you, Ben!! -
A "Quiet Shift Toward Doubters" the RNS & Tribune Reports
Damien the Leper replied to Pyreaux's topic in General Discussions
Kirk may have seen a gay man like me as less or ignorantly abnormal but I find his death reprehensible. Emphasis on may. -
A "Quiet Shift Toward Doubters" the RNS & Tribune Reports
Damien the Leper replied to Pyreaux's topic in General Discussions
Not directed at me but I prefer fair.org and Ground News. -
Thoughts on new First Presidency?
Damien the Leper replied to JLHPROF's topic in General Discussions
Ok. Just so I don't have to go through all the posts... Who are the winners after Oaks?
