Weirdest Stake Conference i've been to in years

It was Stake Conference weekend and i'll be honest it was the weirdest stake conference i've been to in years

The upsides were they had a 2 hour leadership council mtg yestarday and they had all 3 women's auxillaries speak, which almost never happens, primary, YW and RS Stake President. Another upside we had a General Authority there which was nice. 

The downsides, they had the Stake President, Temple President and wife, and Mission President and wife all speak twice!! with the Stake President and Mission President speaking in the training sessions, so they spoke 3 times and none of the two Stake Presidency councillours spoke at all. No youth speaker, they had the same convert who spoke 2 years ago in stake conference speak again and he even said he would just read what he wrote back then! and he did okay but like they couldn't find another recent convert?  There was no mention of the Temple!!!!!!!!!! that's the reason people go to this, they don't want to hear about how your family first settled Richfield, Utah. There was no theme, so the talks were all over the place. They did talk about ministering in the leadership session but that was it. They had two people pray for seriously like 5 minutes and it was like these two sharing their life history and the one guy was praying for pestilence and he talked politics and like give it a rest already, or at least until the NHL playoffs are over then yeah sure bring on the "pestilence". The Stake RS President has this thing about being on a "higher level" then everyone else and God hand picked her and she recounted two stories how women were grateful she was called, like my eyes still hurt from rolling so much. The worst though was the General Authority asked the group last night if he moved his family to here what temptations would his family face and lead them out of the Church if they grew up here and he had someone write out the responses, they had gangs, WOW, chastity, evolution, and some like what planet are you living on responses. It was a disaster, like I grew up here I have YET to be offered drugs or booze, people are cheap and they aren't giving out freebies here and chastity? try having acne and glasses, that'll clear that up and gangs???? on the Canadian prairies?  like are there chollos hanging around the Taber, Alberta Corn festival??? where and who is leaving the church because of gangs here? I could on but yeah, it was so weird. I want to leave church better than I came in, not inferior because my family has never settled in Utah or God didn't hand pick me or them to lead the people to righteousness. 

Edited by Duncan
5 minutes ago, Duncan said:

It was Stake Conference weekend and i'll be honest it was the weirdest stake conference i've been to in years

The upsides were they had a 2 hour leadership council mtg yestarday and they had all 3 women's auxillaries speak, which almost never happens, primary, YW and RS Stake President. Another upside we had a General Authority there which was nice. 

The downsides, they had the Stake President, Temple President and wife, and Mission President and wife all speak twice!! with the Stake President and Mission President speaking in the training sessions, so they spoke 3 times and none of the two Stake Presidency councillours spoke at all. No youth speaker, they had the same convert who spoke 2 years ago in stake conference speak again and he even said he would just read what he wrote back then! and he did okay but like they couldn't find another recent convert?  There was no mention of the Temple!!!!!!!!!! that's the reason people go to this, they don't want to hear about how your family first settled Richfield, Utah. There was no theme, so the talks were all over the place. They did talk about ministering in the leadership session but that was it. They had two people pray for seriously like 5 minutes and it was like these two sharing their life history and the one guy was praying for pestilence and he talked politics and like give it a rest already, or at least until the NHL playoffs are over then yeah sure bring on the "pestilence". The Stake RS President has this thing about being on a "higher level" then everyone else and God hand picked her and she recounted two stories how women were grateful she was called, like my eyes still hurt from rolling so much. The worst though was the General Authority asked the group last night if he moved his family to here what temptations would his family face and lead them out of the Church if they grew up here and he had someone write out the responses, they had gangs, WOW, chastity, evolution, and some like what planet are you living on responses. It was a disaster, like i grew up here I have YET to be offered drugs or booze, people are cheap and they aren't giving out freebies here and chastity? try having acne and glasses, that'll clear that up and gangs???? on the Canadian prairies?  like are there chollos hanging around the Taber, Alberta Corn festival??? where and who is leaving the church because of gangs here? I could on but yeah, it was so weird.

Hmmmm...you might have gotten more from the day bt staying home and watching "The Ten Commandments"  Can't believe there was nothing about the Temple!

48 minutes ago, Duncan said:

and gangs???? on the Canadian prairies?  like are there chollos hanging around the Taber, Alberta Corn festival??? where and who is leaving the church because of gangs here? 

Not the usual gangs we think of, but...

19 minutes ago, Prof said:

You have more patience than I.

I might have decided to worship from home after the first session.

I totally see why people skip out on stake conference!  like you can't mentally handle all of that

15 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I think at that point you just bring popcorn and enjoy the theater.

hahahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahhahahhahhahhahhahhaha!! I should! this is better than the movies! you can't make it up!

I just want to know if Richfield, UT was really mentioned because my husband is from that area and if not where you have heard of it because it is not exactly well known.

Edited by Rain
53 minutes ago, Rain said:

I just want to know if Richfield, UT was really mentioned because my husband is from that area and if not where you have heard of it because it is not exactly well known.

it was! but by an elder in our ward who's from there but the GA mentioned some other small, small city in northern Utah and I couldn't recall the name of it

I'm so glad that my wife and I will be visiting her sister in another part of England on the weekend of our next stake conference!

I don't think we're getting a general authority this time, though.

4 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I'm so glad that my wife and I will be visiting her sister in another part of England on the weekend of our next stake conference!

I don't think we're getting a general authority this time, though.

I swear since like 2014, we've had Area 70's and General Authorities coming out of the woodworks coming here

2 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I swear since like 2014, we've had Area 70's and General Authorities coming out of the woodworks coming here

Perhaps someone at Church HQ has been reading your posts and getting the idea that your stake is seriously in need of fixing.

This particular stake conference doesn't seem to have been very useful in that regard, though.

6 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Perhaps someone at Church HQ has been reading your posts and getting the idea that your stake is seriously in need of fixing.

This particular stake conference doesn't seem to have been very useful in that regard, though.

hahahhahahahahhahahaha well, could be, could be!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bro went to bishopric training last night and he was saying that the attendance was really low and I was like, are you freaking kidding me right now?! how about XYZ happening. I remember back in the day when a General Authority was coming it was huge news and everybody was excited and the place was packed, I remember Elder Hartman Rector Jr. coming several times and it was like a celebrity coming or something and other brethren as well. Today, it's like who cares about a General Authority, like an Apostle is different but some random Seventy, people just don't get excited about  

On 5/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, Duncan said:

.................................... It was a disaster, like I grew up here I have YET to be offered drugs or booze, people are cheap and they aren't giving out freebies here and chastity? try having acne and glasses, that'll clear that up and gangs???? on the Canadian prairies?  like are there chollos hanging around the Taber, Alberta Corn festival??? where and who is leaving the church because of gangs here? I could on but yeah, it was so weird. I want to leave church better than I came in, not inferior because my family has never settled in Utah or God didn't hand pick me or them to lead the people to righteousness. 

You may have been the only sane member present, Duncan.

The only real threat in your area should be the Hutterites.  🙏

13 hours ago, SteveO said:

I leave church every Sunday thinking how its a good thing the church is true...no way I'd put up with it otherwise.  I help my wife teach the 5 year olds and we have 11 in the class--so don't judge me.

I love this...I just do. 

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Duncan said:

The downsides, they had the Stake President, Temple President and wife, and Mission President and wife all speak twice!! with the Stake President and Mission President speaking in the training sessions, so they spoke 3 times and none of the two Stake Presidency councillours spoke at all. No youth speaker, they had the same convert who spoke 2 years ago in stake conference speak again and he even said he would just read what he wrote back then! and he did okay but like they couldn't find another recent convert?  There was no mention of the Temple!!!!!!!!!! that's the reason people go to this, they don't want to hear about how your family first settled Richfield, Utah. There was no theme, so the talks were all over the place. They did talk about ministering in the leadership session but that was it. They had two people pray for seriously like 5 minutes and it was like these two sharing their life history and the one guy was praying for pestilence and he talked politics and like give it a rest already, or at least until the NHL playoffs are over then yeah sure bring on the "pestilence". The Stake RS President has this thing about being on a "higher level" then everyone else and God hand picked her and she recounted two stories how women were grateful she was called, like my eyes still hurt from rolling so much. The worst though was the General Authority asked the group last night if he moved his family to here what temptations would his family face and lead them out of the Church if they grew up here and he had someone write out the responses, they had gangs, WOW, chastity, evolution, and some like what planet are you living on responses. It was a disaster, like I grew up here I have YET to be offered drugs or booze, people are cheap and they aren't giving out freebies here and chastity? try having acne and glasses, that'll clear that up and gangs???? on the Canadian prairies?  like are there chollos hanging around the Taber, Alberta Corn festival??? where and who is leaving the church because of gangs here? I could on but yeah, it was so weird. I want to leave church better than I came in, not inferior because my family has never settled in Utah or God didn't hand pick me or them to lead the people to righteousness. 

That's when you wish you lived in another time and your visiting General Authority was J. Golden Kimball. 😆

44 minutes ago, MormonMason said:

That's when you wish you lived in another time and your visiting General Authority was J. Golden Kimball. 😆

Seriously!!! like thank you for that prayer but pestilence??? buddy pleas, wait until the NHL playoffs are over then we'll talk