Your Pet Peeve

cdowis

4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Greasy fingers and cleaning the marks they make for one, such as after they eat some greasy fries or potatoe chips, or any greasy food.  

Let me guess, you have teenagers.    ^_^

Edited by cdowis
10 hours ago, cdowis said:

Corn chips which contain sugar, flour or oat bran.  

Cornbread with sugar, eggs and flour.

I've never seen a cornbread recipe that didn't contain eggs or flour, but i've never looked for one either.  Mine has 4 tbsp of sugar and it is yummy! ;) 

17 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I've never seen a cornbread recipe that didn't contain eggs or flour, but i've never looked for one either.  Mine has 4 tbsp of sugar and it is yummy! ;) 

You people are wonderful....I use the box mix..actually, I buy a lot of Little Debbie stuff, unpackage them and say....Look what mama made???:)  My pet peeve is bathroom fixtures with soap and crap all over them...

5 hours ago, bluebell said:

In the south where corn bread used to be a daily item in family dining corn bread was not the yellow, cake-like fare that the rest of the nation recognized.  Southern corn bread has no sugar in it; does have some salt.  It has many names: pone bread being one.  Sometimes it is fried and sometimes it is cooked in the oven.  Cracklin bread is one of my favorites, but seldom seen anymore:  your normal, southern cornbread ingredients but added is pork rinds that have been mostly rendered.  I cannot recommend it as a healthy food, but grandma could make it so that it was valued like manna from heaven. 

2 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

In the south where corn bread used to be a daily item in family dining corn bread was not the yellow, cake-like fare that the rest of the nation recognized.  Southern corn bread has no sugar in it; does have some salt.  It has many names: pone bread being one.  Sometimes it is fried and sometimes it is cooked in the oven.  Cracklin bread is one of my favorites, but seldom seen anymore:  your normal, southern cornbread ingredients but added is pork rinds that have been mostly rendered.  I cannot recommend it as a healthy food, but grandma could make it so that it was valued like manna from heaven. 

I am hungry...this sounds good!!

3 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

Not using turn Signals or waiting till after you turn to use them

Oh!!!!!  This is a Logan thing...I swear...I don't know what the car in front of me is ever going to do!! 

3 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Oh!!!!!  This is a Logan thing...I swear...I don't know what the car in front of me is ever going to do!! 

My pet peeve - driving on 7th N (I think that is the street?) just below USU in a stick shift. 

13 hours ago, strappinglad said:

People who go into a room, turn the light on, exit the room , close the door , and LEAVE THE LIGHT BURNING !!!

This morning I was driving along in a neighborhood outside of my own and saw two homes within a few houses of each other with their back doors open to the yard. The only reason I could come up with is that they were letting their dogs out to go potty. But it bugged me, thinking of the heat being let out. I figured they were just young or something and don't think about their heat bill, or could be totally wrong about it. 

17 hours ago, Rain said:

My pet peeve - driving on 7th N (I think that is the street?) just below USU in a stick shift. 

Oh....this sounds like fun...you know what?  I got lost in Ogden yesterday...does anyone know how many Harrison Streets there are in Ogden...gees...This is off topic so I will quit..but I hear you Rain...you live here???

My most recent pet peeve...  Because of some serious arthritic pain in my knees causing me difficulty and to walk with a cane, I've been using a permit and parking in the handicapped spaces.  Most stores here have just a couple of spaces.  So when I go to the supermarket, I have to park off to the side and wait for a space to open.  FINALLY, someone in the space comes out and I think I'll be able to park... but... that person sits in their car, reading mail, talking on phone. etc.  So last week I had had enough of these inconsiderate clods so after waiting over 5 mins I got out of my car and went up to this elderly man's car (he was talking on the phone) and asked him to move his car and talk on the phone elsewhere so someone else could use the space... He raised his voice saying, "I'm doing personal business."  I confess, I lost it and yelled at him that since he was talking on the phone he should move his car to a different space... he told me to just go back to my car... that really set me off so I yelled at him... "Move your car you stupid inconsiderate fool!!  Go talk on the phone somewhere else!"  (His wife was with him and I'm sure she made him move as he started the car and did move.  I hollered "Thank You!!"  

Not very Christ-like behavior on my part, but I see these people all the time, particularly in front of our little post office where we have one space.  Whenever I park in a handicapped space, I do my business and leave and vacate the space as quickly as possible...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
17 hours ago, strappinglad said:

People who go into a room, turn the light on, exit the room , close the door , and LEAVE THE LIGHT BURNING !!!

You need to buy LED bulbs then.

13 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

My most recent pet peeve...  Because of some serious arthritic pain in my knees causing me difficulty and to walk with a cane, I've been using a permit and parking in the handicapped spaces.  Most stores here have just a couple of spaces.  So when I go to the supermarket, I have to park off to the side and wait for a space to open.  FINALLY, someone in the space comes out and I think I'll be able to park... but... that person sits in their car, reading mail, talking on phone. etc.  So last week I had had enough of these inconsiderate clods so after waiting over 5 mins I got out of my car and went up to this elderly man's car (he was talking on the phone) and asked him to move his car and talk on the phone elsewhere so someone else could use the space... He raised his voice saying, "I'm doing personal business."  I confess, I lost it and yelled at him that since he was talking on the phone he should move his car to a different space... he told me to just go back to my car... that really set me off so I yelled at him... "Move your car you stupid inconsiderate fool!!  Go talk on the phone somewhere else!"  (His wife was with him and I'm sure she made him move as he started the car and did move.  I hollered "Thank You!!"  

Not very Christ-like behavior on my part, but I see these people all the time, particularly in front of our little post office where we have one space.  Whenever I park in a handicapped space, I do my business and leave and vacate the space as quickly as possible...

GG

Well, I'm glad you told the idiot off, GG. Perhaps he will be inspired to be more considerate in future.

3 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Oh....this sounds like fun...you know what?  I got lost in Ogden yesterday...does anyone know how many Harrison Streets there are in Ogden...gees...This is off topic so I will quit..but I hear you Rain...you live here???

I grew up there and went to USU. Moved away about 20 years ago.

Where do I begin?

When people say "we" when talking about past events in history, "we beat the british in the revolutionary war", "we won the cup", "we stormed the beaches at Normandy, we really showed them!" like "we" implies YOU and someone else, so unless you would have us believe that your 260 years old you were not beating anybody in the revolutionary war, you can't skate and you're out of shape so you weren't winning any cups and you're not 95 years old so you weren't storming any beaches anywhere. 

When people in Church mention their calling more than once, "Did I tell you I was the Stake RS Pres.? I was called by God himself", " When President Jack T. Rippur called me to be the Stake RS Pres. I was so thankful at the revelation and inspiration by him to call me, I knew it came from God", "One of my early assignments as the Stake RS Pres. was to visit an elderly sister confined to a hospital bed, this beloved sister..." all within like 5 minutes, ROLL MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!

When you go to eat at a restaurant and they help you scoot your seat in at the table, like oh, thanks I wasn't quite sure how that works...............

When you tell someone something and they say, "Oh, I don't know" like I know you don't know that's why I am telling you:wacko: silly goose!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have to stand in line at the dollar store and someone ahead of you buys 85 bucks worth of stuff

When you walk into a store and NO one is at the cash register buying anything but when you go to purchase your item, 26 people all of sudden show up, and you always get that person, "I got  a coupon in here in my purse, somewhere somewhere, maybe it's in the car?" like, LET"S GO MAN or LADY!!!!!!!!!!! line of people behind you, it's 2 bucks here's $10 buy 5 of them!

Another one that drives me bonkers is when people use the same phrase over and over and over again!!! such examples include

"I know, right"

"I was like"

"and i'm going"

I remember teaching this guy in the mission field and he was a talker, holy muckalunde, but he kept using the word, "fantastic" , "oh , you're Canadian, that's fantastic", "you walked over here? that's so fantastic!", "that is a fantastic tie you have on!", constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we only met with him once or twice but I honestly was not upset that we didn't meet with him again, i'd lose my mind!