Seriously No Politics ×

Your Pet Peeve

cdowis

7 hours ago, mnn727 said:

People who fill their "interests" section of their profile so that it is 7 or 8 times longer than their posts.

Heehawhee. Fair 'nuff.

On 10/30/2017 at 5:48 PM, strappinglad said:

Highway construction on the I15 in the Salt lake corridor. Does it ever end???

During the millennium, perhaps? ;):D 

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran into another pet peeve I found in a general thread. Abuse of the three words that sound the same. Let's get this straight

Their = position or place as in the chair is over their.

There = stands for they are as in there going to the movies.

They're = possession or belonging to as in the clowns got into they're car.

Get it correct guys !!!

1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

Just ran into another pet peeve I found in a general thread. Abuse of the three words that sound the same. Let's get this straight

Get it correct guys !!!

I have to disagree...there going to the movies? Shouldn't it be they're, short for they are? And their isn't a position or place as in the chair is over their! It's the chair is over there. And the third one, it should be the clowns got into their car, right? 

Strappinglad, you surely are pulling our legs, lol!

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

I have to disagree...there going to the movies? Shouldn't it be they're, short for they are? And their isn't a position or place as in the chair is over their! It's the chair is over there. And the third one, it should be the clowns got into their car, right? 

3 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Get it correct guys !!!

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

Yes, I agree Tacenda... he is surely  jesting....

GG

18 hours ago, Tacenda said:

you're right, it's they are going to the movies over there but first they'll get their popcorn and drink:P

That hymn whose chorus says, "... and none will molest them from morn until ev'n."  So, once the sun goes down, does that mean it's open season on the Mormons??

Also, people who use cartoon characters for their avatars.