Jump to content

The relationship between adam and eve before the fall


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, The Nehor said:

So was Adam a polygamist or did he divorce Lillith first?

:vader:

That is the query of utmost prominenciality, which I will now explain.

image.png.5e11d10ab7cbd91d9fba6ae41ce96f99.png

 

Link to comment
On 5/5/2021 at 12:06 AM, The Nehor said:

I refuse to believe that is a word.

It probably isn't. I just Binged it, and the sole reference was to this thread.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 5:33 PM, JLHPROF said:

No, I don't.

Back on April 23, Tacenda said: Another place in the bibile that I believe is man-made and is the
start of many women being abused".   You replied: Yeah...shame on that Moses for writing such
a thing.  He should have known man would abuse scripture for their own selfish acts.

Your reply seems to indicate you believe that part was man-made and not what God actually
doled out as punishment for Eve.

Why is it a shame for Moses (according to Joseph Smith) to write "Unto the woman, I, the Lord God,
said: I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception. In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children,
and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee
" ?

Are there other 'shame' parts of scripture that you believe should not be there?

Edited by theplains
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, theplains said:

Back on April 23, Tacenda said: Another place in the bibile that I believe is man-made and is the
start of many women being abused".   You replied: Yeah...shame on that Moses for writing such
a thing.  He should have known man would abuse scripture for their own selfish acts.

Your reply seems to indicate you believe that part was man-made and not what God actually
doled out as punishment for Eve.

Why is it a shame for Moses (according to Joseph Smith) to write "Unto the woman, I, the Lord God,
said: I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception. In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children,
and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee
" ?

Are there other 'shame' parts of scripture that you believe should not be there?

The whole Bible is man made.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Teancum said:

The whole Bible is man made.

Of course it's man-made.  Doesn't mean God's words aren't in it.

"Well, I believe that the Bible contains the word of God, and the words of good men and the words of bad men; the words of good angels and the words of bad angels and words of the devil; and also the words uttered by the *** when he rebuked the prophet in his madness.". Brigham Young

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Fair Dinkum said:

Every book is man made, in fact I know of no book ever written or printed that isn't man made.

LOL! You know darned well that isn't what he meant! 😄

Link to comment
13 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Of course it's man-made.  Doesn't mean God's words aren't in it.

"Well, I believe that the Bible contains the word of God, and the words of good men and the words of bad men; the words of good angels and the words of bad angels and words of the devil; and also the words uttered by the *** when he rebuked the prophet in his madness.". Brigham Young

Brigham does not inspire confidence in the Bible.  Evidentially is seems to me the entire Bible is from men and not God. And if God was involved the men who wrote were certainly putting a lot of their own ideas and culture in there.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Teancum said:

Brigham does not inspire confidence in the Bible.  Evidentially is seems to me the entire Bible is from men and not God. And if God was involved the men who wrote were certainly putting a lot of their own ideas and culture in there.

Which is why we must go by the spirit alone in seeing what is there, and not be critical that none of it, NONE OF IT, is science OR history, but spiritual ideas, to be judged by the spirit, and by the spiritual reactions they provide 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Stargazer said:

LOL! You know darned well that isn't what he meant! 😄

But that IS a fact to be reckoned with. Men are fallible and all those words came through a human brain.

God himself is super-human,,I think we forget that in discussions like this.

We are his image and when in tune, our thoughts are his thoughts.

Link to comment
On 5/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, The Nehor said:

So was Adam a polygamist or did he divorce Lillith first?

:vader:

No divorce, the alimony would have killed him, not to mention paying the lawyer in banana leaves.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, mfbukowski said:

We are his image and when in tune, our thoughts are his thoughts.

Yeah, maybe, but I don't know if I would like to claim that my thoughts are his at any given moment. It has the flavor of... I don't know... perhaps hubris?

And then there is Isaiah 55:8,9 to contend with.

Edited by Stargazer
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Yeah, maybe, but I don't know if I would like to claim that my thoughts are his at any given moment. It has the flavor of... I don't know... perhaps hubris?

And then there is Isaiah 55:8,9 to contend with.

Good point, thanks.

I didn't mean it that way, but man, was I unclear and too terse about saying it that way!!

I guess all I meant was that it is Jesus-Jehovah who created the universe AND us, is still an embodied human who has an exalted human physical brain which somehow must function infinitely above ours.

It is very important to me to believe that humanity has infinite potential- and that's why we are here.

THAT is what I was looking for in a church and here I found one that emphasizes that , while also NOT preaching that we are born evil, and all that through Jesus Christ.

What a truly AMAZING package of paradigms we have!

It's found nowhere else!!

To have an intellectual AND spiritual testimony testimony??

WOW !!

Edited by mfbukowski
Link to comment
On 4/27/2021 at 7:12 AM, Teancum said:

Of course.  Do you believe Moses was a real person?  Does the LDS church teach he was?

Yes, the church teaches all of the prophets of the OT and BoM were real people.  Without these stories involving Moses, religion wouldn’t be able to justify genocide and the murder of innocent children.

Link to comment
On 5/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, theplains said:

Is Moses 4 in the Pearl of Great Price also made up by Joseph Smith?

Just like Isaiah was made up by "Isaiah".   Ever heard of Deutero - Isaiah?

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/o/old-testament-of-the-bible/summary-and-analysis/deuteroisaiah

 

Link to comment
21 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I also refuse to believe Bing still exists.

No he died years ago.  I always liked his version of "White Christmas" though.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, 2BizE said:

Yes, the church teaches all of the prophets of the OT and BoM were real people.  Without these stories involving Moses, religion wouldn’t be able to justify genocide and the murder of innocent children.

Ummmm Ok. Interesting response....🙄

Link to comment
8 hours ago, 2BizE said:

Yes, the church teaches all of the prophets of the OT and BoM were real people.  Without these stories involving Moses, religion wouldn’t be able to justify genocide and the murder of innocent children.

Wait a minute....

Have you guys all been having fun doing the genociding and child-killing and nobody invited me?

I am hurt....really hurt.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...