strappinglad Posted February 13, 2021 Posted February 13, 2021 6 hours ago, Stargazer said: would still take nearly 74,000 years But if we could travel between dimensions , it might just be a short hop. JS declared that the spirit world is right here on this earth. 1
MiserereNobis Posted February 13, 2021 Posted February 13, 2021 I'd say build it right on top of me, so I could take a look around and see what y'all are up to in there 2
MiserereNobis Posted February 13, 2021 Posted February 13, 2021 Remember how it was such a big deal when you built your temple in Rome? How all of your apostles attended the dedication? I still argue that that was a tacit affirmation that Rome is the heart of Christendom 2
Kenngo1969 Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 On 2/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, nuclearfuels said: BYU Jerusalem Center, IMHO A Temple waiting in the wings, all it needs is a dedicatory prayer. Again, IMHO only What about the prophecy that water will issue forth from beneath the Temple and heal the waters of the Dead Sea?
Kenngo1969 Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 6 hours ago, MiserereNobis said: I'd say build it right on top of me, so I could take a look around and see what y'all are up to in there https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist/article/what-happens-inside-latter-day-saint-temples
JustAnAustralian Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 9 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said: What about the prophecy that water will issue forth from beneath the Temple and heal the waters of the Dead Sea? That's a lot of water. Hopefully they face it the right direction so it doesn't drown the other side of the mount of olives before making its way around.
JustAnAustralian Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 6 hours ago, MiserereNobis said: Remember how it was such a big deal when you built your temple in Rome? How all of your apostles attended the dedication? I still argue that that was a tacit affirmation that Rome is the heart of Christendom Not so that the prophet can have a nerf-gun war with the pope? 3
Kenngo1969 Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 10 hours ago, maj said: They could make a film of this endeavour... "Saints On a Plane" Could get Samuel L Jackson on board! "I am so sick and tired of these ************* Saints on this ************* plane!" Sorry. I had to do it! 2
Kenngo1969 Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 On 2/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, nuclearfuels said: BYU Jerusalem Center, IMHO A Temple waiting in the wings, all it needs is a dedicatory prayer. Again, IMHO only 1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said: What about the prophecy that water will issue forth from beneath the Temple and heal the waters of the Dead Sea? 1 hour ago, JustAnAustralian said: That's a lot of water. Hopefully they face it the right direction so it doesn't drown the other side of the mount of olives before making its way around. Meh. You're right, it is quite a haul, but if the prophecy is literal, I think the Lord can put springs and rivers where He wants 'em.
MiserereNobis Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 (edited) 18 hours ago, JustAnAustralian said: Not so that the prophet can have a nerf-gun war with the pope? Your guy is older than my guy, and my guy lived under a brutal military junta, so I'm placing bets on my guy Edited February 14, 2021 by MiserereNobis 2
CV75 Posted February 14, 2021 Posted February 14, 2021 I wanna build a temple in Erda, Utah, to be annoying! 3
JustAnAustralian Posted February 15, 2021 Posted February 15, 2021 2 hours ago, MiserereNobis said: Your guy is older than my guy, and my guy lived under a brutal military junta, so I'm placing bets on my guy We can give him a dart handicap them. 2 Darts per year of age difference sounds reasonable. 2
JustAnAustralian Posted February 15, 2021 Posted February 15, 2021 20 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said: Meh. You're right, it is quite a haul, but if the prophecy is literal, I think the Lord can put springs and rivers where He wants 'em. I was more concerned about the people/property getting an unwanted cleaning as well as the dead sea.
Kenngo1969 Posted February 15, 2021 Posted February 15, 2021 5 hours ago, JustAnAustralian said: I was more concerned about the people/property getting an unwanted cleaning as well as the dead sea. While I'm not unsympathetic to anyone who might be adversely affected as a result, by the time whatever happens happens (assuming these prophesies/scriptures are intended to be taken literally), I think that unwanted cleaning of private property might be pretty low on the priority list of worries. I'm not "rooting" for any cataclysms or for the Lord to change the course of any existing waterways or for him to establish new ones, but if that's how He chooses to do things, who am I to argue? Who are any of us to argue (see Isaiah 55:8-9)?
Scott Lloyd Posted February 15, 2021 Posted February 15, 2021 14 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said: While I'm not unsympathetic to anyone who might be adversely affected as a result, by the time whatever happens happens (assuming these prophesies/scriptures are intended to be taken literally), I think that unwanted cleaning of private property might be pretty low on the priority list of worries. I'm not "rooting" for any cataclysms or for the Lord to change the course of any existing waterways or for him to establish new ones, but if that's how He chooses to do things, who am I to argue? Who are any of us to argue (see Isaiah 55:8-9)? prophecies
nuclearfuels Posted February 17, 2021 Author Posted February 17, 2021 On 2/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, longview said: This water will be voluminous enough as to flush out (refresh) the Dead Sea. PLease tell me there's a faith promoting rumor or Journal of Discourses theory about a similar cleansing taking place in the great Salt Lake
nuclearfuels Posted February 17, 2021 Author Posted February 17, 2021 On 2/13/2021 at 7:47 AM, Stargazer said: I planned out and wrote parts of a novel I'd love to read those parts
nuclearfuels Posted February 17, 2021 Author Posted February 17, 2021 On 2/12/2021 at 7:37 PM, Kenngo1969 said: Seriously? Hmm. That's interesting. Do you have a source (just curious)? Happy to oblige, Ken http://wcleonskousen.com/about/photos/1971-07-03a-s34-cleon-group-on-temple-square/ https://rsc.byu.edu/ascending-mountain-lord/great-jerusalem-temple-prophecy-latter-day-context-likening-unto-us
Damien the Leper Posted February 17, 2021 Posted February 17, 2021 On 2/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, JLHPROF said: Temple Lot, Independence, Jackson County, Missouri. Already one there. 2
Damien the Leper Posted February 17, 2021 Posted February 17, 2021 I say Antarctica. No one could build an ice castle the way I believe the LDS can. Getting attendance...oh boy! 2
JustAnAustralian Posted February 17, 2021 Posted February 17, 2021 1 hour ago, Damien the Leper said: No one could build an ice castle the way I believe the LDS can. The sealing room might have actual seals if it's in Antarctica. 1
JLHPROF Posted February 17, 2021 Posted February 17, 2021 2 hours ago, Damien the Leper said: Already one there. Not on the lot itself and not meeting the description by the prophet Joseph. Just adjacent...in so many ways.
The Nehor Posted February 18, 2021 Posted February 18, 2021 3 hours ago, Damien the Leper said: Already one there. I saw the top of that thing and you are trying to tell me it is not an ice cream store? Not buying it. 2
JustAnAustralian Posted February 18, 2021 Posted February 18, 2021 53 minutes ago, The Nehor said: I saw the top of that thing and you are trying to tell me it is not an ice cream store? Not buying it. In this Lovely Dessert? 2
longview Posted February 18, 2021 Posted February 18, 2021 7 hours ago, nuclearfuels said: PLease tell me there's a faith promoting rumor or Journal of Discourses theory about a similar cleansing taking place in the great Salt Lake Depends on the fault line. If the big one hits, we can dump all that salt into Nevada. 🎪 1
Recommended Posts