Mike Lee compares Trump to Captain Moroni

4 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

If you’ll read my post more closely, you’ll see that my remark pertains to his behavior since 2016. 

You said “none of it predates”...I may be out of it, but I am reading that as no behaviours occur before 2016. Post date would be afterwards. 

Edited by Calm
4 minutes ago, Calm said:

Good for you. Seriously as I understood you don’t like to do that.

I reported something a couple a days and I don’t know if they chose not to respond or were not able, but it was not acted on for a few days at least.  Life may be complicated for them right now. Hopefully in good ways, not bad. 

It’s true that I don’t like to do that. But this thread is in such blatant and obvious violation of that strict, in-your-face, red-banner directive, I wanted to leave the moderation team without excuse if they chose not to act on it. 

7 minutes ago, Calm said:

You said “none of it predates”...I may be out of it, but I am reading that as no behaviours occur before 2016. Post date would be afterwards. 

You’re right, I did use the wrong verb. I meant to write “post-dates.”

I’ll go in and fix it. I thank you for the correction. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
1 minute ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Your right, I did use the wrong verb. I meant to write “post-dates.”

I’ll go in and fix it. I thank you for the correction. 

No problem. I leave out “not” all the time.  I will edit my post to reflect that. 

Edited by Calm
5 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

It’s true that I don’t like to do that. But this thread is in such blatant and obvious violation of that strict, in-your-face, red-banner directive, I wanted to leave the moderation team without excuse if they chose not to act on it. 

I totally agree with you as I show no restraint in joining in. 

Just so you are aware, I have recently learned that the admin at times does not have the ability to get connected. And if there are no other active mods at the time...it may not be choice. 

Edited by Calm
56 minutes ago, Calm said:

Only if he is not getting living expenses paid for like most of the working world. 

The White House IS his work place.  He does not call it a day at 7 pm and commute back to Mar-a-Lago every night.  Amazingly he sleeps 4 hours or less per night.  That means he is working 20 or more hours EVERY day.  He has the energy of a man half his age.

Unlike Michelle who took 5-star resort getaways twice a month all through 8 years!  She used separate planes to fly her pets.  Her coterie took up the entire floor of the hotel.  Her staff numbered in the hundreds.  Many days Barak put in 2 hours and spent the rest of the time golfing.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, longview said:

The White House IS his work place.  He does not call it a day at 7 pm and commute back to Mar-a-Lago every night.  Amazingly he sleeps 4 hours or less per night.  That means he is working 20 or more hours EVERY day.  He has the energy of a man half his age.

Unlike Michelle who took 5-star resort getaways twice a month all through 8 years!  She used separate planes to fly her pets.  Her coterie took up the entire floor of the hotel.  Her staff numbered in the hundreds.  Many days Barak put in 2 hours and spent the rest of the time golfing.

Most people I know still have to buy their own food even if eating at the cafeteria at work.  Board...I can see that being provided, but for the whole family?

I am not saying he is more or less excessive than other presidents and their families, I just protest the “work for free”.  May not take a paycheck, but that isn’t the same.  Call it work for room and board if you want. :) 

Edited by Calm
20 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Saw this meme, I had no idea, it must have been the times I'd read a few pages of the BoM and not know what I read because my mind wandered. I didn't know Captain Moroni was so shady. 

123004873_3622437207820688_6599713246982903683_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=6wXBu_CGzFEAX9J0V7u&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=3168d4249305f4b290084b55c8063374&oe=5FC243D0

122778662_3622437281154014_6110683837147882018_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=Wz88OVuAaZsAX_BXA6H&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=f16e8341dcbbd49ce44e2501da26de14&oe=5FBF60DB

Not sure if you are serious or not. These are not in the Book of Mormon. They are parody.

7 minutes ago, Calm said:

I totally agree with you as I show no restraint in joining in. 

Just so you are aware, I have recently learned that the admin at times does not have the ability to get connected. And if there are no other active mods at the time...it may not be choice. 

Noted. 

And by the way, just so you are aware, the author of this thread, sevenbak, is a personal friend and former colleague of mine. So my reporting it is not out of spite or vindictiveness. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, longview said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42610275

If Obama was able to get done in two hours what it took Trump to do all day, more power to him. 

Edited by Calm
13 minutes ago, Rain said:

Not sure if you are serious or not. These are not in the Book of Mormon. They are parody.

Well, at first I was serious, but as I read through the memes again and saw that it was indeed parody I edited my post to reflect that.  

Edited by Tacenda
9 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Noted. 

And by the way, just so you are aware, the author of this thread, sevenbak, is a personal friend and former colleague of mine. So my reporting it is not out of spite or vindictiveness. 

I figured. I might have reported it myself, intended to but can’t remember if I did. Been distracted. 

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42610275

If Obama was able to get done in two hours what it took Trump to do all day, more power to him. 

Actually Barry's schedule was overseen and managed by a vast assemblage of stewards and bureaucrats.  He hardly had to lift a finger.  🎃

26 minutes ago, longview said:

I know Trump fans aren’t truth fans but Trump golfs almost three times as much as Obama. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

also I’m not sure that watching Fox News, insulting people on Twitter and nightly calls to Sean Hannity counts as working for the country. Just saying. 

Edited by SeekingUnderstanding
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, Calm said:

Most people I know still have to buy their own food even if eating at the cafeteria at work.  Board...I can see that being provided, but for the whole family?

I am not saying he is more or less excessive than other presidents and their families, I just protest the “work for free”.  May not take a paycheck, but that isn’t the same.  Call it work for room and board if you want. :) 

Presidents pay for their groceries. Just an FYI. https://www.robertreeveslaw.com/blog/president-pay-groceries/

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, longview said:

These pesky facts:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidential_vacations

Trump’s first term total well exceeds the cost of 8 years for the Obama’s!? Wow. I’m sure you are outraged now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, ksfisher said:

You're pleased that Senator Lee is comparing Captain Moroni to a seriel sexual abuser/adulterer.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. You have no idea if Trump has repented from things he said or did in his youth.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Sevenbak said:

We are admonished to seek good men to be our leaders, not just good leaders...

D&C 98:

9 Nevertheless, when the wicked rule the people mourn.
10 Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil. 

No doubt but Hillary is more wicked than Trump IMHO. Let's not forget why Trump became president. He has been attacked 24/7 365 days a year and he still gets stuff done. For me, economically Trump has been great. My pay went up 31% I was wishing that I was younger to take advantage of the building boom that was smoking hot until Covid-19. It still isn't bad, slower but I will never lower my pay scale. I'm also pleased with the Supreme Court situation. I'm happy we moved our embassy to Jerusalem, I'm happy Trump is pulling our guys out of the middle east as well as building up our forces  the same time. He wheeled and dealed on the F-35 and got a better price. We are selling F-15s, F-16s and F-18s to our allies and our own air force. I believe it's important to have an overwhelmingly superior air force.  I also agree with Trumps stance regarding China. One thing the debates never seem to cover is our foreign policy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, longview said:

I think you have that backwards

https://www.factcheck.org/2010/09/bos-private-plane/

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Noted. 

I hope you don't mind me asking this, I sincerely want to get in your head, here goes. How do you get around Trump's lies? That's when I draw the line because I can't trust someone or what they say they're doing or not doing. And the bullying, it turns my stomach. But we all see things differently. And I do know people lie, but it's so much and in his position, we need to expect better.

I do think this thread could do what is being done in many households and families right now, separating people. Maybe even for life. Separation because if we each believe our family member, friend, neighbor can like one candidate over the other and we think, according to our beliefs, that the other is the worst person on earth for the job, and could alter the USA as we know it. It becomes such a stark and life altering disagreement and may last for a very long time. I'm hoping there haven't been people on this board that lost respect for one another over these posts. 

My good friends, two of my sons, one of my daughters and her spouse, and two of my sisters want Trump to win. I don't. I won't voice my opinion on FB because I value my relationships so much that I don't want to lose their respect, love, you name it, for my choice to vote Biden. It's already begun with my daughter and son-in-law. They act differently around me. Not feeling the love.

It's clear there's a reason we shouldn't discuss politics on the board because of this.

It's not a fun position for any of us, especially during the pandemic. It's been a rough year for millions of lives out there. 

I'm thinking you're glad you are retired from journalism. Or maybe not.  

Edited by Tacenda
10 hours ago, longview said:

I am grateful for Trump to sacrifice his luxurious life to come in and make extensive reforms and to drain the swamp.  He is working for free (he has donated every one of his presidential paychecks to worthy causes) and continues to fight FOR America even though his assets have been dwindling steadily.

Everything the opposition has accused Trump of, actually have been perpetrated by THEM!  Thank the LORD for Trump.  I pray for him as well as many throughout the world.

How is that swamp draining going?  How many of Trump's close associates and campaign advisors advisors are now convicted felons?  He brought a swamp with him.  It follows him. The day that Trump can give a public address without the fact checker count spinning out of control is the day I believe that he has made any attempt to drain the swamp.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

I know Trump fans aren’t truth fans but Trump golfs almost three times as much as Obama. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

also I’m not sure that watching Fox News, insulting people on Twitter and nightly calls to Sean Hannity counts as working for the country. Just saying. 

Also, his watching T.V. for most of the day doesn't seem like work, or even the best use of time for a president IMO.

Tacenda, what are the whoppers you are most concerned with?

Comparing the two candidates, I don’t see Biden as an honest man. He lied in the last debate and lies in his speeches. 

Neither have a stellar record of treating women respectfully. Biden has a string of accusers. He also had an affair with his current wife that broke up her first marriage (according to her ex). 

As far as politicians go, Trump has followed through on campaign promises. More so than most. Some don’t like that and some people do. 

My daughter in law is voting for Biden because I told her to vote policy. She took the policy tests and lines up with Democrats.

That makes the most sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2