Mike Lee compares Trump to Captain Moroni

3 hours ago, longview said:

I am grateful for Trump to sacrifice his luxurious life to come in and make extensive reforms and to drain the swamp.  He is working for free (he has donated every one of his presidential paychecks to worthy causes) and continues to fight FOR America even though his assets have been dwindling steadily.

Everything the opposition has accused Trump of, actually have been perpetrated by THEM!  Thank the LORD for Trump.  I pray for him as well as many throughout the world.

I would be really skeptical that the POTUS is actually being generous. He owes hundreds of millions to foreign powers and his businesses have consistently benefitted from his position as POTUS. It is quite possible that his business financial gains because of his office as POTUS are much more significant than the presidential salary:

2.5 million from official business conducted on Trump properties: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/10/27/report-us-government-paid-over-25-million-to-trumps-businesses/#1e5d06301a62

12 million from lobbying groups and foreign interests most of whom benefitted from interests advanced by the Trump administration: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-10/trump-businesses-flourished-from-his-presidency-times-reports

Yep, that's a whole lot more than 4 x $400,000. And it shouldn't be happening, per the US Constitution,  and if memory serves, Captain Moroni did not serve the people for financial gain.

Edited by Meadowchik
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, longview said:

I am grateful for Trump to sacrifice his luxurious life to come...to drain the swamp.

And he fills their place with only themost honest and upright people.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-bannon-associates-factbox/factbox-here-are-eight-trump-associates-arrested-or-convicted-of-crimes-idUSKBN25G1YU

And with his awe inspiring use of power, he gets them out of prison for doing his dirty work.  Found guilt of 7 counts of felony charges and for covering up for the President, Donald Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence days before he was supposed to report to prison. 

Corruption on steroids.

Edited by pogi
  • Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

I am missing that red bar saying " no politics " . Must be OK as long as we dump on 45. 

The remedy is to keep it on the topic of Lee comparing Trump to Moroni. 

By the way, wouldn't it be horrible if we were barred by default from talking about politics mixing with religion just because it is partially about politics?

2 hours ago, smac97 said:

After being caught for his crimes, Korihor is told the devil had power over him (Alma 30:42). In reading these words, I think of Trump’s attacks on women, fellow politicians and our military dead who he described as “losers” and “suckers.”

There is zero (actually less than zero) evidence that the President call our military dead "losers and suckers". That line was from an Atlantic hit-piece from "anonymous" sources. Over 20 people who were there have called the story false. It never happened.

• Like 4

Consider the alternative. What a world we live in.

Edited by Bernard Gui
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Kevin Christensen said:

Having read the Book of Mormon, and Nibley's essay on Freeman and Kingman in the Book of Mormon, I missed the parts of the story where Captain Moroni paid off mistresses, separated children from refugee parents as deterrent, hired corrupt and ignorant people to undermine the government, flattered and schmoozed tyrants, stacked the courts, deregulated environmental and financial protections, sought to gut healthcare, refused to personally go down to battle himself (bone spur deferments), denigrated science, undermined relationships with close allies, cut both taxes and accountability for the rich, demonized immigrants and refugees, pressured Ukraine to provide smears of his legitimate political opponents, had his science office declare victory over a pandemic at the same time that infections set new record highs and leading all nations in deaths by a shocking margin, demonstrating in every divisive superspreader rally that he cares nothing for the blood of his people ..., lied constantly and shamelessly, and most importantly, having defeated invaders, retired from government to demonstrate that  he really meant it when he said, "I seek not for power but to tear it down."  

FWIW,

Kevin Christensen 

Canonsburg, PA

If Moroni ever really was, then it's not surprising the BoM wouldn't detail specifics about his life, particularly anything negative.  he was venerated as a great one in the BoM.  But still he slaughtered those who disagreed with him.  I don't think Trump has the ability to get away with something like that.  

13 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

There is zero (actually less than zero) evidence that the President call our military dead "losers and suckers". That line was from an Atlantic hit-piece from "anonymous" sources. Over 20 people who were there have called the story false. It never happened.

In all of the accusations made against him, is this all you can defend him on?  

Is it any surprise that his aids would deny the claim?

Even Fox news confirmed the report. 

1 minute ago, bsjkki said:

And a thread for all the Trump haters to spew their toxic narratives. Nice. I'll just slink off off into my anonymous silence and vote like last time. ;)

I'm voting differently than last time. This time I'm voting for four more years under President Trump. The other guy's entire reason for getting into the race "for the soul of the nation" is based on a blatant lie.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

But still he slaughtered those who disagreed with him. 

Funny how you twist words to make it terrible sounding yet technically true.  The same is true of President Abraham Lincoln.  I wouldn't quite word it that way though, and I doubt you would too.

Edited by pogi
6 minutes ago, pogi said:

"Fox News" confirmed that there were anonymous sources making the allegation. Would you like a list of everyone (including John Bolton--no fan of the president and not an "aid") who has gone on record noting that this story is false?

Edited by bearhoof
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

"Fox News" confirmed that there were anonymous sources making the allegation. Would you like a list of everyone (including John Bolton--no fan of the president and not an "aid") who has gone on record noting that this story is false?

It's pointless to fact check them. Hate has overwhelmed reason.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, pogi said:

Funny how you twist words to make it terrible sounding yet technically true.  The same is true of President Abraham Lincoln.  I wouldn't quite word it that way though, and I doubt you would too.

what words are you saying I'm twisting?  I'm pointing out that Moroni had many of his Nephite people killed because they disagreed with him.  THat's not good, right?  Why hail Moroni for doing what may be worse behavior then what people accuse this Trump person of doing.  

I'm no Trump fan. I already sent in my vote and it weren't for him.  

16 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

what words are you saying I'm twisting?  I'm pointing out that Moroni had many of his Nephite people killed because they disagreed with him.  THat's not good, right?  Why hail Moroni for doing what may be worse behavior then what people accuse this Trump person of doing.  

I'm no Trump fan. I already sent in my vote and it weren't for him.  

Again, would you denigrate President Lincoln for doing the same thing - killing other American's who disagreed with him. 

You are downplaying it to a simple "disagreement".   That is twisting.  In fact, there was more to the story than that. 

Edited by pogi
17 minutes ago, pogi said:

Here is a list of non-anonymous sources who say the story is a lie.

Zach Fuentes, Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff to Gen. John Kelly, John Bolton, Former National Security Advisor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Former White House Press Secretary, Hogan Gidley, Former White House Deputy Press Secretary, Dan Scavino, White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications, Jordan Karem, Former Personal Aide to President Trump, Johnny DeStefano, Former Counselor to the President, Stephen Miller, White House Senior Advisor, Tony Ornato, White House Deputy Chief of Staff and Former Secret Service Special Agent in Charge of the Presidential Protective Division, Derek Lyons, Staff Secretary and Counselor to the President, Dan Walsh, Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff, First Lady Melania Trump, U.S. Ambassador to France and Monaco Jamie McCourt, Major General (ret.) Bill Matz, Secretary of the American Battle Monuments Commission, Lt. General Keith Kellogg (Ret.), National Security Adviser for Vice President Pence, Mark Meadows, White House Chief of Staff, Alyssa Farah, White House Communications Director, Kayleigh McEnany, Press Secretary for President Trump, Judd Deere, Deputy Press Secretary for President Trump, Mick Mulvaney, Former Acting White House Chief of Staff and Nick Ayers, Former Chief of Staff to Vice President Mike Pence. 

We have four "anonymous" sources on one side and 21 named officials who say it's a lie and not in keeping with the way the person they know treats and respects the military. But keep believing.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

Here is a list of non-anonymous sources who say the story is a lie.

Zach Fuentes, Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff to Gen. John Kelly, John Bolton, Former National Security Advisor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Former White House Press Secretary, Hogan Gidley, Former White House Deputy Press Secretary, Dan Scavino, White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications, Jordan Karem, Former Personal Aide to President Trump, Johnny DeStefano, Former Counselor to the President, Stephen Miller, White House Senior Advisor, Tony Ornato, White House Deputy Chief of Staff and Former Secret Service Special Agent in Charge of the Presidential Protective Division, Derek Lyons, Staff Secretary and Counselor to the President, Dan Walsh, Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff, First Lady Melania Trump, U.S. Ambassador to France and Monaco Jamie McCourt, Major General (ret.) Bill Matz, Secretary of the American Battle Monuments Commission, Lt. General Keith Kellogg (Ret.), National Security Adviser for Vice President Pence, Mark Meadows, White House Chief of Staff, Alyssa Farah, White House Communications Director, Kayleigh McEnany, Press Secretary for President Trump, Judd Deere, Deputy Press Secretary for President Trump, Mick Mulvaney, Former Acting White House Chief of Staff and Nick Ayers, Former Chief of Staff to Vice President Mike Pence. 

We have four "anonymous" sources on one side and 21 named officials who say it's a lie and not in keeping with the way the person they know treats and respects the military. But keep believing.

Fair enough.  

Now can you please explain Roger Stone?

4 hours ago, Sevenbak said:

So this just happened...

"To my Mormon friends, my Latter-day Saint friends, think of him as Captain Moroni," Lee said at the Latter-day Saints for Trump event. Around 436,000 LDS members live in Arizona.

"He seeks not power, but to pull it down. He seeks not the praise of the world or the fake news, but he seeks the wellbeing and the peace of the American people," Lee said of Trump.

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lee-donal ... on-1543117

😂 Kind of embarrassing but hilariously funny!

5 minutes ago, pogi said:

Now can you please explain Roger Stone

Sure, if you'll first explain Tomeka Hart. But remember, President Trump did not give 68-year-old Stone a pardon but rather a commutation, so Stone is still a convicted felon.

22 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

Sure, if you'll first explain Tomeka Hart. But remember, President Trump did not give 68-year-old Stone a pardon but rather a commutation, so Stone is still a convicted felon.

Is Tomeka Hart a felon?  Was Stone not found guilty?

Is this supposed to make what Trump did less corrupt?  It was only a "commutation", no biggie. 

Why was his sentence commuted?

Do you not see this as a disgusting abuse of power?

"An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president," Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, tweeted Saturday morning, describing the move as "unprecedented, historic corruption."

Edited by pogi
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Sevenbak said:

So this just happened...

"To my Mormon friends, my Latter-day Saint friends, think of him as Captain Moroni," Lee said at the Latter-day Saints for Trump event. Around 436,000 LDS members live in Arizona.

"He seeks not power, but to pull it down. He seeks not the praise of the world or the fake news, but he seeks the wellbeing and the peace of the American people," Lee said of Trump.

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lee-donal ... on-1543117

I suspect that the folks who have their knickers in a knot over Mike Lee are perfectly happy with former BYU professor, confident and friend of the First Presidency, American Heritage guru, Frank W. Fox's trashing of the President. All depends on whose ox is being gored. 

10 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

I suspect that the folks who have their knickers in a knot over Mike Lee are perfectly happy with former BYU professor, confident and friend of the First Presidency, American Heritage guru, Frank W. Fox's trashing of the President. All depends on whose ox is being gored. 

We appreciate people who don't cover for the character of the man simply because they agree with his political agenda.

Edited by pogi
  • Like 1
Just now, pogi said:

We appreciate people who don't cover for the character of a man simply because they agree with his political agenda.

Then I must assume you're not supporting Joe Biden simply because you agree with his political agenda.