Jump to content

Confession is Good for the Soul, confess your minor vices and guilty pleasures


The Nehor

Recommended Posts

Thought this would be fun to share some of our minor vices and guilty pleasures and habits that keep us going in life.

Note: DO NOT share anything that would require you to, if you were LDS, to have to speak to your Bishop and do not share anything criminal.

This is intended to be fun and not major catharsis. Feel free to poke fun at others but do not harangue them. This is a semi-safe space. ;) 

I enjoy gambling with cryptocurrency. Calling it an investment would be a lie I can no longer tell myself. It is way too volatile. It is gambling. I do not put money I cannot afford to lose into it but I love the thrill of watching prices rise and grimacing when they fall.

I enjoy horrible movies. Stuff like Mortal Kombat, Birdemic, and other movies that are awful without being self-aware about it. There are few things better then laughing at a badly made, badly written, badly acted, or badly directed movie.

I occasionally write poetry for catharsis. It is almost uniformly awful and I destroy it afterwards.

I like to physically fight and grapple. I mostly get it out through sparring and combat training but occasionally I will start making plans for what I would do if a fight breaks out in the room I am in.

I have the metabolism of a camel. I do not get hungry unless I do not eat for at least 24 hours and usually 48. If I forget or just do not bother to eat for an extended period I have a tendency to binge afterwards with a huge meal and make really bad food choices. I mean, spend $15-20 on fast food junk bad.

When I go running I often listen to Conference talks. Sometimes if I am in a combative mood I will come up with counterarguments against what the apostles are saying even if I agree with the apostle just to test my ability to defend a position I do not hold.

In my dreams about once every month I cast myself in the role of the villain. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Anyone else?

Link to comment

My bedroom wall is filled with reprinted vintage Circus posters

I have never seen the movie "ELF" or ever heard of "the Hunger Games" or seen the movie 

I saw and loved the movie Kangaroo jack with Jerry O' Connell and Anthony Anderson, they were in the movie, they didn't attend with me though

I was an extra in 3 movies

I got a phone call out of the blue from Elder Gene R. Cook, emeritus 70 ( I emailed the Church Archives something and he called me)

I have never owned a cell phone

I HATE watermelon

My Church shoes cost me $200 and every sunday I pick out the pebbles from the souls 

My brother and I went to adjoining missions, 7 years apart

I had a dream once where I was eating M&M's with Pres. Russell M. Nelson in his office and discussing them

 

 

Link to comment

I am addicted to DragonVale and until I maxed out growth and figured out certain tricks, I would stay up even when I could have slept to make sure I got everything I could for that day.  I am rarely not done by 1 now and have to find something to fill the time till I can sleep....usually Asian police shows.

It is the first thing I do in the morning after meds (granted there isn't anything else I could do at that time, so I am not too guilty about that).

I have played every day since I first started last October.

I tend to avoid games for this reason.  Hopefully once I get all the dragons (90ish more to go), I will not need to do stuff like get their twin version or eggs, but will just keep up with once a day or less checks for new dragons though I suspect I will invest days into setting up a database to maximize gold so I can then spend it on....nothing.

Addiction to this message board is a given, but at least it uses my brain.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment

I'm an absolute food snob in hiding. I tell people I'm "not picky" but it comes with a footnote of: I don't eat meat, your salad better be fancy...none of this "ceasar salad" crap. I can't stand most added sugar for more than a few bites or sips. I don't drink juice/soda and take my tea with little to no honey. That honey is raw. I cringe when a RS lady brings over treats. I only eat peaches once a year in season (it's right now! I call it my peach Ramadan). I prefer my milk whole and super organic...like the stuff you cut the cream off of organic. I cook almost every day fancy sounding meals. I love cooking.  I've had the same bag of sugar for years. My only real vice is good dark chocolate and certain baked goods near my period. I can only stand certain brands of mac n cheese and it's probably not yours. Most spaghetti sauce is gross, I prefer to make mine...I'll tolerate yours. Fast food is of the devil. Most boxed and over packaged food is right beside it. But yeah, not picky. I guess that would also make me a raging liar. On the bright side this is probably why I can't get above 115 when I'm 5'5". 

My garden. It's excessive. I assure you. Like huge! 

I play sims still and pharaoh. I don't play consistently and may take weeks or months with barely touching them. But when I do i can play for hours.

i love the smell of oil paint. 

I cant fast strictly past 2-3 pm. I'm always sneaking a banana or pretzels to make it through afternoon church. 

I'm choosing being poor because I love not working that much and having time to actually enjoy life. I mean, sure it can be intense working with several people  as their problems and emotions. Only crazy therapist work 30+ hrs of clients. But I'm aiming for 20-25 tops. I hate being lazy, but turns out I also hate working in excess.  I'd rather do yoga and hike and garden. Throw some paint around. Chat with friends. Date. Anything. Turns out I'm not that ambitious. I have to be one of the least ambitious people ever with 2 competitive degrees. 

I love all things marvel comic movies. I also love most comic book shows. I watch them all the time. 

I watch comedic political shows every morning. It's the only way I can digest the news as of late. Laugh before I cry at actual news articles. 

I prefer reading YA fiction and the likes. I just want to get the story not the deep fluff. Any real book takes me forever to read. It was one of the perks to college. It forced me to read real stuff. 

I cuss. Not a ton. Unless I'm in certain sessions with certain clients. 

I enjoy watching people squirm in embarrassment about sex. I love shocking people with my job title. 

I laugh at people getting comically hurt. Or hurt doing something stupid. Every time. 

If I think about it I probably have more. But that's plenty. 

 

 

Edited by BlueDreams
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, BlueDreams said:

I'm an absolute food snob in hiding. I tell people I'm "not picky" but it comes with a footnote of: I don't eat meat, your salad better be fancy...none of this "ceasar salad" crap. I can't stand most added sugar for more than a few bites or sips. I don't drink juice/soda and take my tea with little to no honey. That honey is raw. I cringe when a RS lady brings over treats. I only eat peaches once a year in season (it's right now! I call it my peach Ramadan). I prefer my milk whole and super organic...like the stuff you cut the cream off of organic. I cook almost every day fancy sounding meals. I love cooking.  I've had the same bag of sugar for years. My only real vice is good dark chocolate and certain baked goods near my period. I can only stand certain brands of mac n cheese and it's probably not yours. Most spaghetti sauce is gross, I prefer to make mine...I'll tolerate yours. Fast food is of the devil. Most boxed and over packaged food is right beside it. But yeah, not picky. I guess that would also make me a raging liar. On the bright side this is probably why I can't get above 115 when I'm 5'5". 

My garden. It's excessive. I assure you. Like huge! 

I play sims still and pharaoh. I don't play consistently and may take weeks or months with barely touching them. But when I do i can play for hours.

i love the smell of oil paint. 

I cant fast strictly past 2-3 pm. I'm always sneaking a banana or pretzels to make it through afternoon church. 

I'm choosing being poor because I love not working that much and having time to actually enjoy life. I mean, sure it can be intense working with several people  as their problems and emotions. Only crazy therapist work 30+ hrs of clients. But I'm aiming for 20-25 tops. I hate being lazy, but turns out I also hate working in excess.  I'd rather do yoga and hike and garden. Throw some paint around. Chat with friends. Date. Anything. Turns out I'm not that ambitious. I have to be one of the least ambitious people ever with 2 competitive degrees. 

I love all things marvel comic movies. I also love most comic book shows. I watch them all the time. 

I watch comedic political shows every morning. It's the only way I can digest the news as of late. Laugh before I cry at actual news articles. 

I prefer reading YA fiction and the likes. I just want to get the story not the deep fluff. Any real book takes me forever to read. It was one of the perks to college. It forced me to read real stuff. 

I cuss. Not a ton. Unless I'm in certain sessions with certain clients. 

I enjoy watching people squirm in embarrassment about sex. I love shocking people with my job title. 

I laugh at people getting comically hurt. Or hurt doing something stupid. Every time. 

If I think about it I probably have more. But that's plenty. 

 

 

I think I just fell in love with you. ;) 

Link to comment

Well..the real oddity about my own self..is that I hate eggs...I hate milk...but love eggnog!!  Pickle juice is my go to for tart, sour and salty.  I won't eat any sandwich unless I have potato chips..love fruit..and green beans fried with ham and pineapple.

I am gym rat...treadmill and weights and love walks.

My home is filled with all kinds of nicknacks and lighted candles of lighthouses....I love reader's digest..it is my bible.  My love is horses..which I don't have:( 

My idea of heaven would be to be able to ice skate to music..and singing.

Love to write...not fancy stuff or words just how I feel about things and poetry.

I am a cookie mama...don't really eat cookies anymore but love playing with them and adding to and trying things.  Kind of famous when the kids were little.  Found out my son was selling my cookies in 2nd grade...yeah...I could have been Mrs. Fields for heck's sakes!!

Love to dance..

No garden...but I think dandelions are pretty flowers.:D

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Well..the real oddity about my own self..is that I hate eggs...I hate milk...but love eggnog!!  Pickle juice is my go to for tart, sour and salty.  I won't eat any sandwich unless I have potato chips..love fruit..and green beans fried with ham and pineapple.

I am gym rat...treadmill and weights and love walks.

My home is filled with all kinds of nicknacks and lighted candles of lighthouses....I love reader's digest..it is my bible.  My love is horses..which I don't have:( 

My idea of heaven would be to be able to ice skate to music..and singing.

Love to write...not fancy stuff or words just how I feel about things and poetry.

I am a cookie mama...don't really eat cookies anymore but love playing with them and adding to and trying things.  Kind of famous when the kids were little.  Found out my son was selling my cookies in 2nd grade...yeah...I could have been Mrs. Fields for heck's sakes!!

Love to dance..

No garden...but I think dandelions are pretty flowers.:D

I love these! I wish I was a gym rat like you, I too love horses but sometimes afraid of them. I use to love to write like that, with poetry and wish I hadn't thrown away a journal filled with my poems and dreams when I was a young adult. 

I think you could still be a cookie extraodinaire and sell them. :)

I use to be a plant junkie, still have a few. One plant I've kept for over 30 years it won't die. 

I hope you don't mind if I take off on yours and others and complete my list:

 I love potatoe chips and sandwiches and would put them on my sandwich. 

I am addicted to my diet dr. pepper. In fact my son makes fun of me and calls my 2-litre bottle my baby. I don't like drinking out of a can (aluminum -scared because of the Alzheimer's tied to it). 

I use to like the smell of gas, and still to this day love the smell of leaves burning in the autumn, and the smell of a new doll. 

I love playing games with my family and am becoming my mother-in-law by asking if anyone wants to play a game. Didn't really get into it before with her, of course she plays stuff like Pinochle.

I can be lazy (reading on here), and another day tackle many things in a short time span just so I justify my laziness.

Bowl of cereal (Frosted Flakes) during the late show (usually Fallon), nightly. 

Sometimes I dream of being in another state either in the country or on a beach and being a beach bum or a country bumpkin on a farm. I would love a Tiny House, and hook on and travel the world. Or just travel the world with no obligations. And sometimes wonder if many missing persons do this in order to break free. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

The D&C tells us we should confess our sins to one another, a practice I would never recommend. My vices all seem to revolve around sweets that are killing me. Never had a weight problem in my life, but now my diabities are killing me. Or were until a few months ago when I finally saw the light, a light that is fading from my eyesight. Now, my only vice is excessive posting. :) 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Tacenda said:

I love these! I wish I was a gym rat like you, I too love horses but sometimes afraid of them. I use to love to write like that, with poetry and wish I hadn't thrown away a journal filled with my poems and dreams when I was a young adult. 

I think you could still be a cookie extraodinaire and sell them. :)

I use to be a plant junkie, still have a few. One plant I've kept for over 30 years it won't die. 

I hope you don't mind if I take off on yours and others and complete my list:

 I love potatoe chips and sandwiches and would put them on my sandwich. 

I am addicted to my diet dr. pepper. In fact my son makes fun of me and calls my 2-litre bottle my baby. I don't like drinking out of a can (aluminum -scared because of the Alzheimer's tied to it). 

I use to like the smell of gas, and still to this day love the smell of leaves burning in the autumn, and the smell of a new doll. 

I love playing games with my family and am becoming my mother-in-law by asking if anyone wants to play a game. Didn't really get into it before with her, of course she plays stuff like Pinochle.

I can be lazy (reading on here), and another day tackle many things in a short time span just so I justify my laziness.

Bowl of cereal (Frosted Flakes) during the late show (usually Fallon), nightly. 

Sometimes I dream of being in another state either in the country or on a beach and being a beach bum or a country bumpkin on a farm. I would love a Tiny House, and hook on and travel the world. Or just travel the world with no obligations. And sometimes wonder if many missing persons do this in order to break free. 

 

 

 

 

 

I love these...yeah..I put potato chips inside everything positively discusting...and heck with the sandwich and chips if I can't have my diet coke!  Love the smell of sweeping compound.:P

Link to comment
8 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I think I just fell in love with you. ;) 

Lol, That happened long ago for me toward you. You are like my id on steroids in your chronic use of sarcasm. What's not to like about that :P 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

The D&C tells us we should confess our sins to one another, a practice I would never recommend. My vices all seem to revolve around sweets that are killing me. Never had a weight problem in my life, but now my diabities are killing me. Or were until a few months ago when I finally saw the light, a light that is fading from my eyesight. Now, my only vice is excessive posting. :) 

my relative was Dr. Frederick Banting, who co discovered Insulin, if that is what you're taking^_^

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Duncan said:

It's like Sleepless on Mormondialogue:wub:

Lol! I really did chuckle at that at home. Funny thing, I was thinking that maybe I had improved in one of my guilt pleasures about laughing at people getting hurt. But then I watched "Naked" on netflix, which is a comedy about a guy who keeps repeating the same hour before his wedding. There were several scenes of him getting hurt. I started cracking up HARD when he ended up walking into the foyer of the chapel drugged and with a super broken arm. I couldn't stop it. 

Link to comment

My guilty pleasures are all connected with food and video games.

My great grandmother turned me on to dipping crinkly potato chips into cottage cheese. This is my ultimate comfort food. If I get a bag of Wavy Lays and a pound of cottage cheese, I may eat the entire tub of cottage cheese in one sitting.  It is ambrosia to me.  And salt-and-vinegar potato chips, naturally without cottage cheese.

And my favorite video game is World of Warships.  I can play it for hours.  Although I usually play it in spurts while trying to get something else done.

And this will probably be my last post for a while, because in 10 hours I will be picking up my wife from the airport, and we'll be driving down to Oregon for the Solar Eclipse. And in a week we'll be on a 7-day Alaska cruise!  Yay!

Link to comment
17 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I think I just fell in love with you. ;) 

 

9 hours ago, BlueDreams said:

Lol, That happened long ago for me toward you. You are like my id on steroids in your chronic use of sarcasm. What's not to like about that :P 

 

How romantic!! :D

 

(OK, it wasn't my last post.  This is. )

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Duncan said:

my relative was Dr. Frederick Banting, who co discovered Insulin, if that is what you're taking^_^

That each night, 20 units (down from 40 for being a good boy and eating better) pills, once a day, and a once a week shot of something called Trulcity, big needle spring loaded in the belly. :( Sadly are the problems with vision, horrible pain like pins and needles and burning in my feet waking me up all hours of the night, and making long walks an impossibility, these conditions are irreversible, the damage is done. But keeping my blood sugar under control, as I have been for the last six months, I can prevent it from getting worse. Oh so I hope that my doctors are right about it. I just realized that not only was my condition slowly killing me, but it is unfair to my wife, my children and my grandchildren. As my wife needs a husband, my children still need a father, and my grandchildren need a Papa. As something defies all logic, they all love me. So many thanks to your relative.  

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

That each night, 20 units (down from 40 for being a good boy and eating better) pills, once a day, and a once a week shot of something called Trulcity, big needle spring loaded in the belly. :( Sadly are the problems with vision, horrible pain like pins and needles and burning in my feet waking me up all hours of the night, and making long walks an impossibility, these conditions are irreversible, the damage is done. But keeping my blood sugar under control, as I have been for the last six months, I can prevent it from getting worse. Oh so I hope that my doctors are right about it. I just realized that not only was my condition slowly killing me, but it is unfair to my wife, my children and my grandchildren. As my wife needs a husband, my children still need a father, and my grandchildren need a Papa. As something defies all logic, they all love me. So many thanks to your relative.  

Neuropathy....fun, fun, fun.  Has kept me in bed this past week.  

my doctors all recommended a good b complex Vitamin for that, might help a bit.  Takes the edge off for me most days (the online store I order my mineral mix that also helps stopped making it and the substitute isn't being as nice which is why I think it's bad right now).  My husband built a frame out of pvc pipe in an hour or so to drape the heavy blankets over and I just keep one lightweight on because while any pressure kills, they must stay toasty warm...no more bare feet.  However lately I found a pair of inexpensive 12$ All cotton material down booties that work even better.  Let me know if you want the link to the store.  At that price it is worth just trying them.

If you haven't tried it yet, see if your doctor will give you a keta mine topical cream (experiment if that doesn't help) to put on your feet.  Allows me to get up to at least 3 miles a day when everything if working.

 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Duncan said:

It's like Sleepless on Mormondialogue:wub:

 

18 hours ago, BlueDreams said:

Lol, That happened long ago for me toward you. You are like my id on steroids in your chronic use of sarcasm. What's not to like about that :P 

I am going to take that as a compliment. :) 

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...