Nathair/|\ Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Just for fun, if the day has come, please report on conditions where you are.
Maidservant Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 LOL! Boiling my spaghetti noodles, garlic bread is in the oven. Kids watching Mario. Course it's still Dec 20 for a few hours for me. I'll let you know tomorrow .
Calm Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Just for fun, if the day has come, please report on conditions where you are.I think I will just have to send out some reminders that were due back in last January and April tomorrow as proof that the end of the world has come.I swear this month has been nonexistent up to now, I can't remember how we got to the 21st so fast. 1
Hamba Tuhan Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 More than halfway through here. Was a cold night, but it's turned into a beautifully warm (some would call it hot) day -- perfect for helping a ward member shift his large items of furniture to his new home, which is precisely what I did before coming into work today. Headed to the temple this evening with plans to do two endowment sessions tomorrow morning. So, so looking forward to the peace found only in the House of the Lord. 3
Calm Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 More than halfway through here. Was a cold night, but it's turned into a beautifully warm (some would call it hot) day -- perfect for helping a ward member shift his large items of furniture to his new home, which is precisely what I did before coming into work today. Headed to the temple this evening with plans to do two endowment sessions tomorrow morning. So, so looking forward to the peace found only in the House of the Lord.Don't be too shocked if when you walk back out the temple doors all else is in shambles around you.
Calm Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 still alive!Hey, it's got several hours to go yet for Canada to hit the 21st dateline...at least your part of it. 1
Hamba Tuhan Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Don't be too shocked if when you walk back out the temple doors all else is in shambles around you. Why would I be shocked? That's pretty much the scenario every time I visit the temple.
livy111us Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Mark Wright gave a lecture on this last week. It is posted on Youtube
Nathair/|\ Posted December 21, 2012 Author Posted December 21, 2012 Mark Wright gave a lecture on this last week. It is posted on Youtube [media=] Oh, I know it's not real. I'm just having fun here. Besides, the Doctor will save us. He always does, and he took Rose Tyler to the end of the world millions of years from now, so there's nothing to worry about.
Sleeper Cell Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 So much for the world ending on Dec 21. In my time zone, it is almost midnight and nothing is happening. I repeat. Nothing is happ 2
light from CARM Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 My understanding the calender ends on the 21st, which means there is nothing for the 22nd, got till midnight on the 21st
CV75 Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 I'm taking the day off -- if this the last day I'm not going to spend it at work.
DH Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Snow flurries, windy, grey. We could use a little hell fire in the fireplace to keep us warm! 2
sheilauk Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Amazingly, all is pretty quiet in the UK and its even stopped raining! 1
Scott Lloyd Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 (edited) Getting up to go into work to help put the special year-end edition of the Church News to bed. We're trying to get it in the can early so we don't have to come in to work next week and can all enjoy a nice, long Christmas break. Of course, if the Second Coming occurs today, we'll have to remake all those pages and spend next week doing interviews. Edited December 21, 2012 by Scott Lloyd 3
Yep Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Are people trying to tell me that I won't be seeing clothes falling from the sky and people disappearing like in that cheesy Left Behind show? I was looking forward to a free shopping day tomorrow and not even needing to travel much for it
Traela Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 A nice, cold but clear day here. Apparently our school district is on high alert today- there has been an unusually high number of bomb threats. Probably just stupid kids trying to get an extra day of Christmas vacation.
rpn Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Ya'll realize that it is a set time on the 21st, I presume. As I write this in EST, it is 5 minutes shy of the 11:21 AM (or 9 minutes after 11:12: I don't recall what it is).
thesometimesaint Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 It was supposed to happen at 3AM Mayan Standard Time. We're still here.
Garden Girl Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 All is well here in the wilds of the central Oregon coast... thought I'd wake up to snow (all the surrounding hills look like a Christmas card and it is very cold). The prediction was for snow to 500' and maybe extending to the valley floor... when it mentions "valley floor" that's when we take notice... we did have some flurries but nothing sustained.May I take this opportunity to send all my best wishes for a wonderful holiday to everyone who participates here... Luv you all, even those with whom I rarely agree...I'm particularly happy today because the Cougars won their games yesterday... Women's basketball (pulling ahead at the last to win by 8 points after having trailed most of the game!). And of course the Cougars in the Poinsettia Bowl against San Diego State Univ... The Cougars played badly in the first half and then perked up and finally winning 23 to 6. from the beach... GG 1
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted December 21, 2012 Posted December 21, 2012 Just for fun, if the day has come, please report on conditions where you are.Cold and windy in Atlanta. I am writting this from the other side as the world has already ended here...who would have thought, the Internet in Heaven.
Recommended Posts