Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Hales hospitalized


Duncan

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I am beginning to see a trend. As General Conference's  approach, it is such a high profile event, and GA's are rushing about to fulfill assignments. In doing so and at such advanced ages, they are simply wearing them out. I worry at times that these events are very stressful times, both mentally and spiritually. 

I doubt that either Elder Hales or President Monson has been doing much "rushing about" lately.  Both have reduced their workloads as their health has declined.

Posted
2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I read that President Monson will not be attending either, due to health concerns. 

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865689871/President-Monson-will-not-attend-October-general-conference-LDS-Church-confirms.html

 

Posted

I, too, wish the good things for Mr. Hale.  At present, I'm watching my father slowly but surely lose all things real..he believes there is a man at the bathroom door with a piece of plywood in front of him..and his hat covers his face.  This man will not let my father into the bathroom....so much can be said about the quality of life. Whatever happens..let it be with some sense of joy..and dignity.  Comfort to all who know him and to his family and friends.

Posted

I don't remember the exact number of heart surgeries Elder Hales has had over the years, but I seem to remember thinking that he has had several. He has always been such a kind man and a wonderful disciple of Jesus Christ. I wish him the absolute best. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Avatar4321 said:

was Elder Hales scheduled to speak? It be a shame not to hear him.

Health permitting, all of the Apostles speak at every Conference. :) 

Posted
1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

I, too, wish the good things for Mr. Hale.  At present, I'm watching my father slowly but surely lose all things real..he believes there is a man at the bathroom door with a piece of plywood in front of him..and his hat covers his face.  This man will not let my father into the bathroom....so much can be said about the quality of life. Whatever happens..let it be with some sense of joy..and dignity.  Comfort to all who know him and to his family and friends.

My Mother before passing, would lock herself in the bathroom, and dispite us trying to tell her, she could not figure out how to unlock the door. She used to see people everywhere, via waking nightmares, or while spending a day looking at pictures, she would imagine all sorts of things. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

My Mother before passing, would lock herself in the bathroom, and dispite us trying to tell her, she could not figure out how to unlock the door. She used to see people everywhere, via waking nightmares, or while spending a day looking at pictures, she would imagine all sorts of things. 

It is difficult and sad.  I can't imagine having the kind of fear that runs through their minds. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

It is difficult and sad.  I can't imagine having the kind of fear that runs through their minds. 

It is certain that the three Apostles that passed away with six months, have the added stress of upcoming General Conference. I understand the need for us to hear from them, but not if it endangers their health. 

Posted
1 hour ago, jkwilliams said:

This whole hurricane thing has been a blessing in disguise for us. We've had 3 weeks with our daughter and granddaughter we wouldn't have had, and I am really going to miss them when they go home. I also think my daughter needed more help for longer, which wouldn't have happened without the hurricane. I got a quick road trip to Texas, which was oddly nice, as I listened to a big chunk of "Les Miserables" on the way. I'm glad we were able to give them our car, and out of it I had an excuse to buy a new car, which we have named Harvey. 

I wouldn't wish that sort of a natural disaster on anyone, but it does tend to cause people to stretch to find the best in themselves to help others.  The stress inherent to such things can either drive families together or it can pull them apart.  I'm glad it has done the former in your case.  I wish you and yours well. :) 

Posted

I was a branch president in a servicemen's branch in Germany when our stake was reorganized. Elder Hales (then a member of the 1st Quorum of Seventy) came to reorganize it, and as this kind of thing goes, I was one of those interviewed in the search for the new stake president. I was highly impressed with him: he seemed to be examining my very soul as we talked -- and oddly enough the gentle smile never left his face as he did so!  Either he found something mildly amusing during the inspection, or he was just too polite to show his dismay at what he saw! :D  In all seriousness, one could easily tell that he was a very loving and kind man, with a great deal of insight.

I shall be praying for his recovery!

Posted (edited)

As much as I like hearing from him again,  he hasn't looked well in years.  If it is time for him to go then I hope he is able to go.  It might be best to pray for peace and understanding for the rest of us and comfort for  Elder Hales rather than praying for recovery or for letting him go.  

Edited by Rain
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...