Global Nuclear War and the Scriptures

Walking into my Ward a few Sundays ago a person at the entrance was loudly warning of Nuclear war.

I told them that I felt will all that the Scriptures speak about that still needs to come to pass there would

be no Global Nuclear War and no Nuclear winter.

I could be wrong,  one scene would be Nuclear war with all future events in the Scriptures being greatly delayed.

What think you???

16 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

Walking into my Ward a few Sundays ago a person at the entrance was loudly warning of Nuclear war.

I told them that I felt will all that the Scriptures speak about that still needs to come to pass there would

I could be wrong,  one scene would be Nuclear war with all future events in the Scriptures being greatly delayed.

What think you???

You should have told them person what 'Dief the Chief' told Kennedy back in the day, "You're not in America now, President Kennedy"!

There is a lot of talk of fire. No idea if it is nuclear or not. Nuclear winter would serve as a corrective to the worst of climate change by giving us a different and more horrifying scenario so small upside.

42 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

The " abomination of desolation " always gives me the feeling that it might refer to a nuclear war. 

All it takes is a person willing to cut off his nose to spite his face. Well, maybe a couple of those types. 

Well if the Russian ICBM fleet has been maintained as well as the rest of their military then the fuel and guidance systems for most of the fleet were probably sold off years ago and it will be a light nuclear war with only a few hits on NATO while Russia burns.

30 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Well if the Russian ICBM fleet has been maintained as well as the rest of their military then the fuel and guidance systems for most of the fleet were probably sold off years ago and it will be a light nuclear war with only a few hits on NATO while Russia burns.

One can only hope that the Russian army's dysfunction runs that deep. 

5 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

What think you???

Not sure if this is true or not. A nuclear exchange between the US and Russia would delete both countries and the resulting nuclear winter would kill upwards of a billion people through starvation and resultant global dislocation. That would still leave a lot of humans behind though, most likely. It's something of a singularity; we just have no idea what would emerge. From the looks of the Revelation, a functioning society is not a prerequisite for the end times (in fact the opposite seems to be true), so I don't think it would hold off the end times that much. 

Someone on the board ( I forget who wrote it) when faced with nuclear war said as long as they are in the blast zone.

Those are my feelings exactly, give me Heavenly rest without having to suffer a lingering death from radiation.

It would be the height of stupidity to start a nuclear war on purpose.  Perhaps humanity knows no bounds with self destruction.

15 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

It would be the height of stupidity to start a nuclear war on purpose.  Perhaps humanity knows no bounds with self destruction.

I remember as a child’, I would get angry and hit my sister. My parents would then ground me from hanging out with my friends. After realizing I could no longer get what I want, I would make everyone else suffer by causing as much distress to my parents and sister as I could. there was nothing my parents could do because they had nothing left to take from me.

I sometimes wonder if this is the path we will see taken to nuclear war.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fether said:

I remember as a child’, I would get angry and hit my sister. My parents would then ground me from hanging out with my friends. After realizing I could no longer get what I want, I would make everyone else suffer by causing as much distress to my parents and sister as I could. there was nothing my parents could do because they had nothing left to take from me.

Are you saying the nothing to lose aspect will start nuclear war with the invasion of a Nuclear power.

If yes I can see that as a strong motivation to launch,  the strangeness of it is that main nuclear weapons are targeted else where, there only defensive power is to stop anyone from thinking of invading.  I could see in desperation using Tactical nuclear in an invasion, but you would most likely kill more of your own population from fallout.

No wonder everyone wants to join the Nuclear club, it assures no one will invade you.

Edited by Metis_LDS
clarity

I was a cold war child; grew up next to a Nike missile site, outside DC. Radar domes were across the field from my bus stop. In the 1970s we prepared by growing our own food and owning at least one car with points ignition.

50 years later I'm the same distance from US CENTCOM. It's hard to grow edible things in sand but we have 3 cars with points (four, after we convert the 89 pickup). We can drive around looking for food until the gas runs out.

2 hours ago, Fether said:

After realizing I could no longer get what I want, I would make everyone else suffer by causing as much distress to my parents and sister as I could. there was nothing my parents could do because they had nothing left to take from me.

I think this a solid path to our 2nd civil war. Our best opportunity for a nuclear war might be after that.

15 hours ago, Duncan said:

You should have told them person what 'Dief the Chief' told Kennedy back in the day, "You're not in America now, President Kennedy"!

The [Canadian] government’s position on the nuclear question was put to the test, however, following the dramatic confrontation that took place in the waters surrounding Cuba in October of 1962. After forcing a showdown with the Soviet Union over its attempts to place nuclear missiles on the island, President John F. Kennedy ordered Canada’s contingents within NORAD90 to go on high alert without first consulting the Canadian government.  Diefenbaker waited forty-eight hours to comply with Kennedy’s demand, and to add insult to injury, insisted that the affair should be referred to the United Nations for arbitration.   https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/32336/1/Staring_Scott_P_201003_PhD_thesis.pdf .

3 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

Are you saying the nothing to lose aspect will start nuclear war with the invasion of a Nuclear power.

If yes I can see that as a strong motivation to launch,  the strangeness of it is that main nuclear weapons are targeted else where, there only defensive power is to stop anyone from thinking of invading.  I could see in desperation using Tactical nuclear in an invasion, but you would most likely kill more of your own population from fallout.

No wonder everyone wants to join the Nuclear club, it assures no one will invade you.

Putin really wants Soviet Russia back. If he finds out he can’t or is embarrassed on the world stage by a failed invasion of a weaker country… who knows what might happen

4 hours ago, Fether said:

Putin really wants Soviet Russia back. If he finds out he can’t or is embarrassed on the world stage by a failed invasion of a weaker country… who knows what might happen

There is also a lot of speculation based on his physical appearance and mannerisms that he may be dying.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, Metis_LDS said:

What think you???

It is by no accident that the abbreviation for the Book of Mormon is "BOM"...

5 hours ago, CV75 said:

Said Cody Judy, in his post hoc, ad hoc attempted explanation for his attack on President Hunter. :huh: :unknw: 

12 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Said Cody Judy, in his post hoc, ad hoc attempted explanation for his attack on President Hunter. :huh: :unknw: 

Did he really?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CV75 said:

4 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

4 hours ago, Calm said:

Did he really?

Yeah.  I can't remember where I read it first.  It's been several years.  I'll try to find a source.

P.S.:  Here you go. ;)

https://www.deseret.com/1995/11/21/19205820/president-hunter-s-attacker-tells-parole-board-he-was-misunderstood

Edited by Kenngo1969
Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, CV75 said:

6 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

5 hours ago, Calm said:

Did he really?

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Yeah.  I can't remember where I read it first.  It's been several years.  I'll try to find a source.

P.S.:  Here you go. ;)

https://www.deseret.com/1995/11/21/19205820/president-hunter-s-attacker-tells-parole-board-he-was-misunderstood

22 minutes ago, CV75 said:

Let's not judge Judy :D!!!

Here is what Judge Judy thinks of Cody Judy:

image.jpeg.6a6616953e6cb0483c4178c982046327.jpeg\

P.S.: This conversation is ironic, given the attitude of one of the people I mention in my signature line.

Edited by Kenngo1969
7 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

I had known about the incident but not the details. The things you miss when not plugged into Salt Lake!

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Here is what Judge Judy thinks of Cody Judy:

image.jpeg.6a6616953e6cb0483c4178c982046327.jpeg\

P.S.: This conversation is ironic, given the attitude of one of the people I mention in my signature line.

Strap on a BOM!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

I had known about the incident but not the details. The things you miss when not plugged into Salt Lake!

Sorry I derailed your thread.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... [as an old, then-about-to-retire AP English teacher of mine said when he realized he'd gone on an irrelevant 30-minute-rant/tangent ... ;)]

I think nuclear war leading up to the Second Coming is possible, but, for some reason (perhaps it's simply an incorrect assumption on my part) everything I've read leads me to believe that the Battle of Armageddon will be a conventional war.  For one thing, that battle, rather than being a relatively brief flash of brilliant light, will be protracted.  The Two Prophets sent to Israel will hold Jerusalem's opponents at bay for quite some time before meeting their temporary, telling demise.

Edited by Kenngo1969
4 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

Duuuuuuude!  The events leading up to it (though not the incident itself) were broadcast worldwide! :o :shok: :blink: