Does anyone wish too share?

Cook more meals.  Like to cook, but standing and heat doesn't exactly work for me right now.

Husband bought a kitchen gadget that seems like it will actually help, an air fryer.

Edited by Calm
13 hours ago, Calm said:

Cook more meals.  Like to cook, but standing and heat doesn't exactly work for me right now.

Husband bought a kitchen gadget that seems like it will actually help, an air fryer.

I hope it works out, if you enjoy cooking, try using fans, as my wife does to deal with the heat she can barely endure also, but loves to cook, and is a master at it. 

1 hour ago, Garden Girl said:

What else?  Every Jan 1st.... lose weight.... 😢

GG

Come on, can’t be that bad. Mine, is to rediscover the Book of Mormon, and New Testament, and try to attend every Church meeting, that my health allows. Also those I miss, to read and study the lessons anyway, and to do something I have not done in 20 years, bear my testimony in Testimony Meeting. I stopped long ago, when I learned the wisdom in (or that) listening is more important than speaking. Of course I have done so in countless lessons I have taught, and in the many homes of investigators with the missionaries, but not in Sacrament, or Testimony Meetings. Maybe even this Sunday, to start the year off on a high note. 

Gain weight.,,,eat healthier...and catch up on a lot of reading.  I also aim to see the nieces/nephews more often . Oh!!  and also write more in my journals.

Edited by Jeanne
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

My wife has found the ' Instapots ' to be  really handy . As for resolutions, I resolve to be less depressed when I don't achieve the past year's resolutions. 

My husband picked up one of those too, but since we already had both pressure cooker and crockpot, isn’t likely to make a difference. 

The air fryer renders the frozen prepared food tons tastier than the microwave and I don’t miss the taste of oil of frying (definitely don’t miss the greasiness) while it has crispness and perhaps some intensifying of taste so less salt is needed, for example.  Now to find out if the simplification of the cooking will be enough. 

I am going to try and do one dish a day to begin. Today is going to be German pancake as we all love it, it is easy to assemble, but then I have to pay attention to it too much. 

I prefer seeking contentment rather than happiness as I think that is more likely under my control. (Not contentment with no ambition, but more about ‘this is working for me and mine’ and less ‘if this happens, then I can be happy’ kind of thing...which is not actually what I do, but my version is a bit too convoluted to explain).  If happiness happens alongside contentment, all the better. 

1 hour ago, Calm said:

My husband picked up one of those too, but since we already had both pressure cooker and crockpot, isn’t likely to make a difference. 

The air fryer renders the frozen prepared food tons tastier than the microwave and I don’t miss the taste of oil of frying (definitely don’t miss the greasiness) while it has crispness and perhaps some intensifying of taste so less salt is needed, for example.  Now to find out if the simplification of the cooking will be enough. 

I am going to try and do one dish a day to begin. Today is going to be German pancake as we all love it, it is easy to assemble, but then I have to pay attention to it too much. 

I hope you share your experiences, maybe on the pinned recipe thread? I have an air fryer and never use it, but you have inspired me to check into it.

My goal, to go along with the topic, is to be more authentic, and hope people will like me anyway, lol. Go to the gym, hate going but hate that I'm paying money and don't use it enough. I joined VASA because of their pool mainly, but it's so nice I went on the stair stepper and watched a good movie in their theatre room, and the boredom I have with exercise subsided! It was great!

I don't like making New Year's goals, too rebellious even against myself. 

6 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Lost 30 pounds last year so have to find something new ......... maybe find stable happiness somehow.....or  maybe go realistic and just hope for no tragedies?

Hello Nehor...

I want to send you particularly all good wishes for the coming year... your posts have given me numerous chuckles this past year, as well as many thoughtful moments... so, I do indeed want you to know that there is an old woman in Oregon who cares that you be stable and happy.

from the beach on the first day of a brand new year... GG

To all my fellow posters, I send good thoughts for each of you for this new year... New Years to me was always like standing before a blank canvas, waiting for me to raise my brush and make the first strokes... sort of scary, but exciting too.  Each passing year it takes a little more effort to raise that brush... a little more apprehension at how to begin... a little more uncertainty at how the strokes will be laid down... how they will connect... the shapes and colors... I'm 79 now... heading toward 80... Yikes!!  80!!  But with a heart always filled with hope, and with love...

from the beach on a rainy day/night, but cozy and comfortable as I watched the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl... Oregon beat Wisconsin 28 to 27.  Yay Ducks.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
2 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

Hello Nehor...

I want to send you particularly all good wishes for the coming year... your posts have given me numerous chuckles this past year, as well as many thoughtful moments... so, I do indeed want you to know that there is an old woman in Oregon who cares that you be stable and happy.

from the beach on the first day of a brand new year... GG

Sorry if I got too morbid and thanks for the good wishes. :) 

2 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

New Years to me was always like standing before a blank canvas, waiting for me to raise my brush and make the first strokes... sort of scary, but exciting too.

For me this year feels so strange and so much more than Y2K....2020....too far in the future to speculate about, it seemed (there was 1984, Space 1999, 2001 followed by 2010)...I almost feel like one book got closed because of running out of room and here is a new one with empty pages and no expectations.

Of course, the day to day doesn't feel that way, it is just seeing or saying those numbers...2020...there's a touch of awe I guess.  How did we get here so quickly?

7 hours ago, Calm said:

For me this year feels so strange and so much more than Y2K....2020....too far in the future to speculate about, it seemed (there was 1984, Space 1999, 2001 followed by 2010)...I almost feel like one book got closed because of running out of room and here is a new one with empty pages and no expectations.

Of course, the day to day doesn't feel that way, it is just seeing or saying those numbers...2020...there's a touch of awe I guess.  How did we get here so quickly?

Although I will only be 63 this year, this is my 7th decade, I have seen come to pass. I used to to think about how old I would would be in 2000, when I was young. being 42, it seemed ancient to me, but now, like you I wonder how did ai get here so fast. 

7 hours ago, Calm said:

Well, we missed our targets based on Google search results about a decade ago......again.

future_timeline.png

I don't set new year's resolutions. I just have to set goals when the timing is right for me. When I was younger and did set resolutions I always felt it was forced in some way so now I just wait for the inspiration (whether the Spirit or something else) to hit me. Last month I actually took some time to figure out what goals and good things to drop because my mind kept saying, "that's good!" and it was just too much.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:12 PM, Calm said:

Do a search for what cooks well in them. I've read several articles where people tried different things and some types of items just don't or really do cook well.