Papa, is 60 Years Old Today...wow!

1 hour ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I have not been around much as of late, and I had no desire to be up at 12:00 Midnight to post this. 

But I got back late, and it just worked out this way...

So, Bill "Papa" Lee is 60 years old today. I married so young which is why I have been a Papa for13+ years already. 

Anyway, have not been posted much as of late, only reading. I have found there is greater wisdom in reading (listening) than from over posting, and always being the one to be read (heard). 

Anyway, I hope that you all have a great day, the wife an I are going to do dinner and a movie. 

God bless you all, or as we say in God's country Ya'll. :) 

Happy birthday, youngster.

Happy Birthday! You're still young.  :D

6 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I have not been around much as of late, and I had no desire to be up at 12:00 Midnight to post this. 

So, Bill "Papa" Lee is 60 years old today. I married so young which is why I have been a Papa for13+ years already. 

Anyway, have not been posted much as of late, only reading. I have found there is greater wisdom in reading (listening) than from over posting, and always being the one to be read (heard). 

Anyway, I hope that you all have a great day, the wife an I are going to do dinner and a movie. 

That's gonna be a pretty big cake. :)

Happy b-day. God bless. 

10 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Happy 60th Birthday Papa! So you've been Papa for 13+ years? That must mean Grandpa right? Hope it was a wonderful day!! 

Yes, Grandpa

13 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Congratulations youngster. :lol:

10 hours ago, Darren10 said:

That's gonna be a pretty big cake. :)

Happy b-day. God bless. 

Yes, but not much for me. I have finally seen the light (as my wife and doctor keep shinning it in my eyes), and I am taking my diabities seriously. Three months ago, my doctor told me that in his 40 years of practice, he has never seen anyone walking around and not blind with my recent blood tests. So, for the sake of my dear wife, I am eating right, barely even take a bite of sweets on rare occasions, and trying to be more active. I was told last week, by the same doctor, that he has never seen someone do such a turnaround in such a short time. I realized that I was being selfish, and not thinking of my family and how my actions might effect them if I were to lose a foot, eyesight, or have a heart attack. So for me, maybe a cupcake, nothing more. 

9 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Happy Birthday...gees is anybody older the me???  You rock!

Sure they are, just don't like saying so. :) Thank You. 

4 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Happy Birthday! Being a grandparent is a lot of fun! 

It is one of the greatest joys of my life...had I known, I would have had my grandchildren first. :) Right now, they are all out of school, so we always have one or more spending the night. For the last three nights two, with others fighting, wanting to know when it is their turn. We tried once and had all eight for a big sleepover, never again! It was fun, but more fun that we could endure more than once. 

2 hours ago, Valentinus said:

Holy 🐄 you're freaking geriatric as heck!! Happy birthday, Pa Pa! Love ya, sir!!

Thank you, they say that you are as young as you feel. So today I am 90. :) Hope all is well with you. The wife and are going out to dinner tomorrow (too much going on today) and then going to a special showing of the movie/documentary on the "Six Day War"...history buffs will know what that is without any description. My wife asked me what I wanted, so it was that or a new gun...had my eye on one to round out my collection. Oddly enough she opted for $26.00 for tickets, vs $600.00 for the handgun. I mean really, where are her priorities? 

5 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Yes, but not much for me. I have finally seen the light (as my wife and doctor keep shinning it in my eyes), and I am taking my diabities seriously. Three months ago, my doctor told me that in his 40 years of practice, he has never seen anyone walking around and not blind with my recent blood tests. So, for the sake of my dear wife, I am eating right, barely even take a bite of sweets on rare occasions, and trying to be more active. I was told last week, by the same doctor, that he has never seen someone do such a turnaround in such a short time. I realized that I was being selfish, and not thinking of my family and how my actions might effect them if I were to lose a foot, eyesight, or have a heart attack. So for me, maybe a cupcake, nothing more. 

Keep it up, good man. 

On 5/30/2017 at 11:15 PM, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Welcome, Papa, to the joys of 60-year-old-dom.  :D

6 hours ago, Okrahomer said:

Welcome, Papa, to the joys of 60-year-old-dom.  :D

I remember when my grandmother died in her 60's thinking how old she was, and looked. It does not seem so old now, minus the injuries, aches and pains, I still feel as I did in my 20's, same goals, same dreams. There is just a much older man looking back at me me in the mirror. 

10 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I remember when my grandmother died in her 60's thinking how old she was, and looked. It does not seem so old now, minus the injuries, aches and pains, I still feel as I did in my 20's, same goals, same dreams. There is just a much older man looking back at me me in the mirror. 

Hey!  I resemble your remarks!

Older yes...but much, much wiser!

Edited by Okrahomer