RevTestament Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 5 hours ago, flameburns623 said: That is not my favorite board. StayLDS and the LDS.net discussion board are pretty good. I barely introduced myself on the New Order Mormon Board and was denounced as a troll. Apparently trolls breathe. That's how you can recognize a troll. If it breathes, you've found one. Who knew? I popped back in there after doing an internet search to see if anyone was talking about why this board went down - I again got the "creeps" from the vibe the posters give. I have never registered there. I like the intelligent discussion on this board. Maybe I should visit the other boards you have named. 1
RevTestament Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 (edited) 1 hour ago, Tacenda said: I'd love some FB friends to any that would care to...PM me. I'm FB friends with Jeanne and DB, and Duncan. I use to be all worried that someone would out me as to being a big phony by going to church still and not all in, in the belief department. But, now I'm like....hey, I'm probably not alone and there might be many who are just like me and through the years have their testimonies fluctuate. I've just never had that happen to me before, even in inactivity, so I'm just a little on the strange side I guess. I think the church has many prodigal children - I myself went inactive for a few years. In the long run experiencing fluctuations in testimony is not to be ashamed of, but can be looked upon as part of the growing process of many Christians. Jesus indicated to His own apostles that they would abandon him, but that their experiences would turn them for a testimony - in the end it made their testimonies stronger - strong enough that they were honored to die for Him. Quote Now, I've come a long ways...even having been terrified to have anyone know I even post on this board, but not now! This has been a great Mother's Day! I'm glad, you deserve it. Happy Mother's Day! Edited May 9, 2016 by RevTestament 1
JAHS Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 28 minutes ago, RevTestament said: Maybe next time the admin can give a heads up warning if possible so we don't all think the worst - or feel like abandoned children... But it might not be possible to predict that. Maybe they could think of an alternate way to contact us if it does go down. Not sure what that would be. Perhaps leave a message on one of those other boards.
VideoGameJunkie Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I like the discussions on this board the best. The people here are the nicest and most spiritually minded.
Bernard Gui Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I spent one day in the hospital with diverticulitis and the rest of the time at home feeling lousy. Did I miss much?
Scott Lloyd Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 1 hour ago, RevTestament said: I popped back in there after doing an internet search to see if anyone was talking about why this board went down - I again got the "creeps" from the vibe the posters give. I have never registered there. I like the intelligent discussion on this board. Maybe I should visit the other boards you have named. I've been discussed there unfavorably without ever darkening the door of the place -- by some who frequent this board. I guess that shows what sort of welcome I would get there. 1
VideoGameJunkie Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 26 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said: I've been discussed there unfavorably without ever darkening the door of the place -- by some who frequent this board. I guess that shows what sort of welcome I would get there. I've never thought badly about any of your posts here.
flameburns623 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 5 hours ago, Nemesis said: well it wasn't cause the board wasn't paid. We paid for the next 3 years up front. We had to make some server configuration changes that the host required. Not really to exciting but if you want a cool story you can tell everyone we couldn't handle the debating prowess of a certain member. I had pm' d a month ago to try to find out how to make a donation to this board. Never have heard back from anyone.
Scott Lloyd Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 43 minutes ago, flameburns623 said: I had pm' d a month ago to try to find out how to make a donation to this board. Never have heard back from anyone. I see a potential conflict of interest in either soliciting or receiving donations in that donors might be accused of receiving preferential treatment in moderator decisions.
Scott Lloyd Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 52 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I've never thought badly about any of your posts here. Thank you, but some have.
Atheist Mormon Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 8 hours ago, The Nehor said: How did you cope with the shakes? Any severe withdrawal symptoms? My first thought was I was kicked out. 1
Anakin7 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 Great to be back. When I tried to log on the past few days all I got was a - " Do not have permission to access/forum/11 - general discussions/on this server. Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use Error Document to handle the request". I resorted to reading scriptures, some non LDS christian publications that have a home with our beliefs. In His Eternal Debt/Grace Anakin7
flameburns623 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 (edited) 6 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said: I see a potential conflict of interest in either soliciting or receiving donations in that donors might be accused of receiving preferential treatment in moderator decisions. Catholic Answer Forums accepts donations and doesn't have that issue. As far as I can tell, moderators don't have any way of knowing who their donors are. I don't know if the MD&D board has sufficient organizational support to separate the moderation team from the administrative functions I am aware of other boards where donors receive "perks" to designate them as such. Even there, the moderators are tasked with maintaining a good flow of healthy dialogue, and a participant who is toxic to that is going to be restrained, donor or not. Finally: some boards feel as if those who care enough about the raison d'etre that message board exists to contribute to that board should get more consideration than someone who just pops in periodically. After all, pure objectivity is a myth anyhow: any number of factors affect judgement in a given case Edited May 9, 2016 by flameburns623 1
BlueDreams Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I would say I did well, but I didn't. I got a cold (I hear that happens when you're addicted to things....flu like symptoms descend) and netflix binged a british teen werewolf series and a documentary (Called Ascent of Women...it is pretty dang good!). Everything else lost meaning and value...my garden was neglected, church was almost nil, and my body is sore from laying about doing practically nothing for 2 days straight. But that has nothing to do with the cold, my period, and a rain storm aligning against me and everything from not being able to read the threads. Glad to see it's back. My first thought was that I was mistakenly suspended (my ego would not allow me to believe it was intentional) and that at some point this would get figured out and fixed. Sometimes I'm patient....especially when I find netflix has added some fun shows. With luv, BD
Deborah Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I thought it was my server that wasn't working right but then got in touch with a couple of other members and found out it wasn't just me. I was just worried it was down permanently for some reason.
boblloyd91 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I thought I was kicked out too, and got angry thinking that other people say much worse things then me on the board and don't get in trouble. This was the same day I did terrible fishing on my day off, so it was a sad day all around!
Jeanne Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 9 hours ago, Bernard Gui said: I spent one day in the hospital with diverticulitis and the rest of the time at home feeling lousy. Did I miss much? Gees...I hope you feel better! 1
Traela Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I just assumed that the board was down for some reason. I generally don't attract enough attention for anyone to consider banning me. However, I did continue to obsessively check to see if it was back yet. I may have gotten a bit twitchy. 1
consiglieri Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 19 hours ago, Nemesis said: well it wasn't cause the board wasn't paid. We paid for the next 3 years up front. We had to make some server configuration changes that the host required. Not really to exciting but if you want a cool story you can tell everyone we couldn't handle the debating prowess of a certain member. My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you!
VideoGameJunkie Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 I didn't mind since most of my posts are ignored by people anyway.
flameburns623 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 18 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said: While I was still thinking this board was gone for good, I thought about going over there just to see how I would be received. You've pretty much answered that here. Maybe Jonah in Nineveh? More like Abinadi or Samuel among the apostate Nephites. Today, someone over there expressed condolences at my opening post indicating that I am contemplating a return to the LDS Church. No, Scott. I do not think you would feel cuddly over there.
flameburns623 Posted May 9, 2016 Posted May 9, 2016 2 hours ago, consiglieri said: My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you! Oh, btw: your screen name came up over there. Someone named Moksha. I cannot recall where they used to post. Catholic Answers? Or here? Their avatar is a penguin. Hadn't seen them in years.
Popular Post jkwilliams Posted May 10, 2016 Popular Post Posted May 10, 2016 My friends and I played patty cake, and then we had a taffy pull. 6
flameburns623 Posted May 13, 2016 Posted May 13, 2016 On 5/9/2016 at 10:54 PM, Scott Lloyd said: While I was still thinking this board was gone for good, I thought about going over there just to see how I would be received. You've pretty much answered that here. Maybe Jonah in Nineveh? More like Abinadi or Samuel among the apostate Nephites. Unless they decide to hold my screen name hostage against my will, I'm done over there. Very nasty people they are.
Recommended Posts