VideoGameJunkie Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 I heard that the end all purpose of the temple work we do for ancestors and the Millennium is so that at the end of the Millennium, everyone will be sealed to each other from Adam and Eve down through the very last person alive in one gigantic family under God. Is that the correct assumption of what we're doing with this work? Because when you say you'll be with your family in heaven, it gets confusing if you're talking about your spouse and kids, or your parents and siblings. Then throw in all the cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, where does it end? I believe it will end with everyone who's worthy being sealed to everyone in one gigantic family sealing from the beginning to the end. So I'll see you all in the Celestial Kingdom at the family reunion.
Jeanne Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 3 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I heard that the end all purpose of the temple work we do for ancestors and the Millennium is so that at the end of the Millennium, everyone will be sealed to each other from Adam and Eve down through the very last person alive in one gigantic family under God. Is that the correct assumption of what we're doing with this work? Because when you say you'll be with your family in heaven, it gets confusing if you're talking about your spouse and kids, or your parents and siblings. Then throw in all the cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, where does it end? I believe it will end with everyone who's worthy being sealed to everyone in one gigantic family sealing from the beginning to the end. So I'll see you all in the Celestial Kingdom at the family reunion. Please,,,come find me!!
JLHPROF Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 21 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I heard that the end all purpose of the temple work we do for ancestors and the Millennium is so that at the end of the Millennium, everyone will be sealed to each other from Adam and Eve down through the very last person alive in one gigantic family under God. Is that the correct assumption of what we're doing with this work? Because when you say you'll be with your family in heaven, it gets confusing if you're talking about your spouse and kids, or your parents and siblings. Then throw in all the cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, where does it end? I believe it will end with everyone who's worthy being sealed to everyone in one gigantic family sealing from the beginning to the end. So I'll see you all in the Celestial Kingdom at the family reunion. Pretty much. It is God's work and glory after all. What else is there that matters?
Robert F. Smith Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 1 hour ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I heard that the end all purpose of the temple work we do for ancestors and the Millennium is so that at the end of the Millennium, everyone will be sealed to each other from Adam and Eve down through the very last person alive in one gigantic family under God. ...................... ........................................ Not quite. The purpose of the esoteric rites performed in sacred places is to enable both the living and the dead to have all necessary ordinances performed for them, so that they may then accept or reject the covenantal obligations and grace which the second estate entails. I have heard LDS sealers say that they believe that most of those on the other side will accept the saving ordinances performed on their behalf. God's glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of His children. He truly cares about us. However, He already lost one-third of his children in the first estate, and hopes to minimize losses this time around. If you are a universalist, then you may expect that virtually all will make it to the other side in great glory, the entire human family sealed together as one. If not, then you may expect that only a select few will make it into the Celestial Kingdom.
VideoGameJunkie Posted April 20, 2016 Author Posted April 20, 2016 9 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said: Not quite. The purpose of the esoteric rites performed in sacred places is to enable both the living and the dead to have all necessary ordinances performed for them, so that they may then accept or reject the covenantal obligations and grace which the second estate entails. I have heard LDS sealers say that they believe that most of those on the other side will accept the saving ordinances performed on their behalf. God's glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of His children. He truly cares about us. However, He already lost one-third of his children in the first estate, and hopes to minimize losses this time around. If you are a universalist, then you may expect that virtually all will make it to the other side in great glory, the entire human family sealed together as one. If not, then you may expect that only a select few will make it into the Celestial Kingdom. Well all the ones that make it will be sealed together from Adam and Eve to the last worthy person who ever lives. After all we are all brothers and sisters.
mfbukowski Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 Temple work is as much for us- if not more- than it is for the dead. There are tremendous spiritual symbolic messages available to those who understand the symbolic language which unfolds itself layer upon layer to those who see it. And taking the need for temple work literally, I have heard it said that those who want to have their work done will simply appear as spirits to those in the temple in those millennial days when the veil is thin. We will just be able to take down their information that they give to us which is necessary and do their work for them on the spot, or that is what some believe. It is said that all the temples in the church will be operating 24-7 for a thousand years. That should get a little bit of progress done. 1
VideoGameJunkie Posted April 20, 2016 Author Posted April 20, 2016 On Sunday they really drilled it into our ward members to do temple work, find ancestor names, and also do indexing.
Tacenda Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 7 hours ago, Jeanne said: Please,,,come find me!! I'll be in the servants quarters. 1
thesometimesaint Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 4 hours ago, Tacenda said: I'll be in the servants quarters. With the exception of the very few Sons of Perdition we all will be.
halconero Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 (edited) One end goal of all temple work is the organization of the Celestial Church. Yes, there will still be a church in the Celestial Kingdom. No, it will not be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but superseded by it. You could almost call the current Church a preparatory church, and the current offices in that Church preparatory offices even within the Melchizedek priesthood. Just as the organization of the Aaronic priesthood will be subsumed upon the completion of its Telestial Ministry in this Telestial World (D&C 13), so to will the organization of the current Church be subsumed into the Celestial Church of the Firstborn (Ephesians 4:11-13). By all indications from both scripture, words from various prophets, and inferences from temple worship, the priesthood leadership of this Church will be organized along familial lines, with parents holding the presidency over their children. No temple work, no authoritative patriarchal priesthood leadership, no Church of the Firstborn. Some good resources on the topic: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/triple-index/church-of-the-firstborn?lang=eng http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Church_of_the_Firstborn http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Gospel_of_Abraham http://www.templestudy.com/2008/10/23/the-meaning-of-the-church-of-the-first-born/ Edited April 20, 2016 by halconero 2
cinepro Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 The idea that everyone will be sealed all the way up their line to Adam is a nice one, but I suspect they'll pull the plug on the endeavor as soon as they find a black ancestor upstream from Brigham Young. 1
Duncan Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 7 minutes ago, cinepro said: The idea that everyone will be sealed all the way up their line to Adam is a nice one, but I suspect they'll pull the plug on the endeavor as soon as they find a black ancestor upstream from Brigham Young. or gay relatives! 1
VideoGameJunkie Posted April 20, 2016 Author Posted April 20, 2016 53 minutes ago, halconero said: One end goal of all temple work is the organization of the Celestial Church. Yes, there will still be a church in the Celestial Kingdom. No, it will not be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but superseded by it. You could almost call the current Church a preparatory church, and the current offices in that Church preparatory offices even within the Melchizedek priesthood. Just as the organization of the Aaronic priesthood will be subsumed upon the completion of its Telestial Ministry in this Telestial World (D&C 13), so to will the organization of the current Church be subsumed into the Celestial Church of the Firstborn (Ephesians 4:11-13). By all indications from both scripture, words from various prophets, and inferences from temple worship, the priesthood leadership of this Church will be organized along familial lines, with parents holding the presidency over their children. No temple work, no authoritative patriarchal priesthood leadership, no Church of the Firstborn. Some good resources on the topic: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/triple-index/church-of-the-firstborn?lang=eng http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Church_of_the_Firstborn http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Gospel_of_Abraham http://www.templestudy.com/2008/10/23/the-meaning-of-the-church-of-the-first-born/ At the YSA face to face with Jeffrey Holland he said he doesn't know if there will be a church in heaven. He said the only organization we know about existing in heaven is a family. And that's from an apostle. 1
halconero Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 I don't disagree with him. All I'm saying is that by all indications that family IS the Church in Heaven. Read through the sources I posted! It's not like I'm shooting in the dark here with this one. Just a mirror darkly. 1
Ahab Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 56 minutes ago, halconero said: I don't disagree with him. All I'm saying is that by all indications that family IS the Church in Heaven. Read through the sources I posted! It's not like I'm shooting in the dark here with this one. Just a mirror darkly. Thank you. You give me a word. And now I show you how the root of that word is Greek. Many people today understand the church as being a building, but, eh, that has not always been so. That is not a biblical understanding of the word church. The word church comes from the Greek word ekklesia, which is defined as "an assembly" or "called-out ones". The root meaning of the word church, then, is not that of a building, but of people. So, there you go. Now give me another word and I will show you how the root of that word is Greek!
VideoGameJunkie Posted April 20, 2016 Author Posted April 20, 2016 I'm having trouble with my family search family tree in creating my tree. All my deceased ancestors show up just fine on both sides, but my living brother and parents wrong accounts show up under my tree showing no work done for them. I need to go to a Family History Center to get this taken care of.
Sanpitch Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 1 hour ago, Ahab said: Now give me another word and I will show you how the root of that word is Greek! Is there a reason that statement reminds me of, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? A very good movie.
Ahab Posted April 20, 2016 Posted April 20, 2016 6 minutes ago, Sanpitch said: Is there a reason that statement reminds me of, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? A very good movie. Let's both just decide to not be toast people At least not without some jam or jelly. Okay?
Tacenda Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 6 hours ago, halconero said: I don't disagree with him. All I'm saying is that by all indications that family IS the Church in Heaven. Read through the sources I posted! It's not like I'm shooting in the dark here with this one. Just a mirror darkly. I'll bet they are so tired from serving all their years, they just want to be with family.
mfbukowski Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 8 hours ago, halconero said: One end goal of all temple work is the organization of the Celestial Church. Yes, there will still be a church in the Celestial Kingdom. No, it will not be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but superseded by it. You could almost call the current Church a preparatory church, and the current offices in that Church preparatory offices even within the Melchizedek priesthood. Just as the organization of the Aaronic priesthood will be subsumed upon the completion of its Telestial Ministry in this Telestial World (D&C 13), so to will the organization of the current Church be subsumed into the Celestial Church of the Firstborn (Ephesians 4:11-13). By all indications from both scripture, words from various prophets, and inferences from temple worship, the priesthood leadership of this Church will be organized along familial lines, with parents holding the presidency over their children. No temple work, no authoritative patriarchal priesthood leadership, no Church of the Firstborn. Some good resources on the topic: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/triple-index/church-of-the-firstborn?lang=eng http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Church_of_the_Firstborn http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Gospel_of_Abraham http://www.templestudy.com/2008/10/23/the-meaning-of-the-church-of-the-first-born/ It's hard to imagine "Latter Day Saints" when there is no time, so no former or latter days, and for that matter, no days or nights either!
Guest Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 23 hours ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I heard that the end all purpose of the temple work we do for ancestors and the Millennium is so that at the end of the Millennium, everyone will be sealed to each other from Adam and Eve down through the very last person alive in one gigantic family under God. Is that the correct assumption of what we're doing with this work? Because when you say you'll be with your family in heaven, it gets confusing if you're talking about your spouse and kids, or your parents and siblings. Then throw in all the cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, where does it end? I believe it will end with everyone who's worthy being sealed to everyone in one gigantic family sealing from the beginning to the end. So I'll see you all in the Celestial Kingdom at the family reunion. Why do some try to limit or narrow family to just Mother, Father and their children? I have never understood this.
Kate Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 5 hours ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I'm having trouble with my family search family tree in creating my tree. All my deceased ancestors show up just fine on both sides, but my living brother and parents wrong accounts show up under my tree showing no work done for them. I need to go to a Family History Center to get this taken care of. I believe it's because they are living...it won't show you that because if they are living, it's private.
mfbukowski Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 28 minutes ago, Kate said: I believe it's because they are living...it won't show you that because if they are living, it's private. Yes that's right. Two different worlds - the living and the dead. After someone passes he will be able to combine those records into one family and do away with the duplicates.
Ginger Snaps Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 (edited) 1 hour ago, Kate said: I believe it's because they are living...it won't show you that because if they are living, it's private. Yep. It's because they are living. IIRC, I can't even see my siblings' spouses or children in FS. Edited April 21, 2016 by Ginger Snaps
mfbukowski Posted April 21, 2016 Posted April 21, 2016 6 hours ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I'm having trouble with my family search family tree in creating my tree. All my deceased ancestors show up just fine on both sides, but my living brother and parents wrong accounts show up under my tree showing no work done for them. I need to go to a Family History Center to get this taken care of. No work "for the dead" has been done for them so it doesn't show yet. It would be a violation of their privacy to show what ordinances they had completed, who they were sealed to, etc. You will be able (or someone in the family) to fix that after they pass. Many people are highly sensitive about that information and they should be
Recommended Posts