Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Childhood Feats Of Unworthiness - Get 'em Off Your Chest & Maybe We'll Alll Feel Better


Recommended Posts

Posted

On another thread (click "thread" for details)--I disclosed at age 8 or 9 I stuck my finger into some wine and had a taste.  I carried such guilt from having done so that I couldn't enjoy a visit by then prophet Spencer W. Kimball when he visited the Seattle area in the late 1970's.  Instead I felt awkward, unworthy and just wanted to be someplace (anyplace) else far from the great man. 

 

Now it's possible I'm the only participant on the forum who did anything unworthy as a child (I certainly thought that might be the case at the time).  And it's possible here & now some readers will react to my previous disclosure with disgust and say in reply--"good riddance to bad rubbish."

 

But it's as least as possible we can all share a cathartic moment or two.  So let it out--what did you do as a child (pre-teen) that caused you guilt, especially those of you raised LDS.  And if you kept yourself pure (at least to the teen years)--feel free to let that out too.

:0)

 

--Erik

 

Posted

Once, for no good reason at all, I threw Mike Schnell's book on the floor and accused him to the teacher of doing what I had done (throw his book on the floor). He got into trouble too. I liked Mike. What got into me? Anyway, I was baptized after that. I have thought of that off and on though the rest of my life. It has been about fifty years ago.

Posted

oh man, where do I begin. Well I'll tell you the short story version. I gave a blessing to a lady in the Psych ward when I was 12. I didn't say the blessing but the Palooka of a guy I was with told me to do it and he gave the blessing and pressured me into assisting. Up to that point I had only passed the sacrament once and that was the only performing of the priesthood I had done. It was around that time our Bishop gave us deacons copies of that book Miracle of Forgiveness and let me tellya the festival of errors and just horrible ideas I had growing up as a teen in the Church due to that book

Posted

I was baptized on Halloween (my birthday). Earlier in the afternoon I took a walk and resolved that, once baptized, I would never sin again. Later that day, after my baptism (about 1-2 hours) I pilfered a miniature Hershey's chocolate bar from a bowl of candy intended for trick or treaters, which candy my mother had forbidden us to eat.

So much for that resolution.

;)

-Smac

Posted

My first career out of college was in human trafficking. I was thinking about giving up the trade due to the moral ambiguity but I had to flee the country to escape local law enforcement first. I like to think I would have given it up voluntarily.

 

Is this the kind of confession you are looking for?

Posted

I threw a pair of my pants up on the church roof. Can't remember if I'd changed clothing, maybe got into shorts? I was around 11 I believe, had nightmares over it, felt so much guilt.

Posted

Ted Bundy?

Son of Sam?

The Green River Killer?

 

I am those guys.

 

All of them.

Posted

My first career out of college was in human trafficking. I was thinking about giving up the trade due to the moral ambiguity but I had to flee the country to escape local law enforcement first. I like to think I would have given it up voluntarily.

 

Is this the kind of confession you are looking for?

Of course it isn't. Weren't you reading? He is asking for preteen sins. Post college sins aren't at all related unless you graduated at such a young age.

Posted

There were those serial murders when I was 8...

Seriously I'm sure I sinned a lot as a kid. But the guilt never got to me. Because I repented.

Seems to me that repentance is the balm to a guilty conscience. Jesus Christ came so we could overcome our sins. As long as we are using the atonement there is no reason to feel guilt about something back then.

That's the miracle of forgiveness.

Posted

After going through a repentance process..found out that i was better off dead than alive.   Hey, that works.

Posted (edited)

After going through a repentance process..found out that i was better off dead than alive.   Hey, that works.

If you think that's what repentance taught you (assuming you even needed to repent and were not, instead, victimized) then you're doing it wrong. :)

 

P.S.: I realize this is much, much easier said than done and that, often, it is a process rather than a one-time, "Presto!" event, it sounds as though you may be holding onto a grudge you would be better off letting go. :)

Edited by Kenngo1969
Posted (edited)

Smac97,

 

Perhaps I'm disclosing too much IRL info (so if you'd like me to delete this, I can: just let me know) but aren't you also a repentant arsonist? ;)

 

I was baptized on Halloween (my birthday). ...

Well, what do you know!  I was born the day before Halloween, and, thanks to a clerical error that wasn't corrected the first 20-something years of my life (or maybe the clerk just thought it would be cool to turn everyone who was close into Halloween Babies), the official record said I was born on the 31st.
Edited by Kenngo1969
Posted

Of course it isn't. Weren't you reading? He is asking for preteen sins. Post college sins aren't at all related unless you graduated at such a young age.

One never knows, The Nehor seems pretty precocious to me, so ... it's possible! ;) 

Posted

I threw a pair of my pants up on the church roof. Can't remember if I'd changed clothing, maybe got into shorts? I was around 11 I believe, had nightmares over it, felt so much guilt.

Sounds as though you have a heck of an arm! ;):D

Posted

Of course it isn't. Weren't you reading? He is asking for preteen sins. Post college sins aren't at all related unless you graduated at such a young age.

 

And I didn't start my prostitution business until I was 14 so it looks like I am in the clear.

Posted

I got caught making out with a girl in the cultural hall during Sunday school when I was 11.

 

Wickenburg Ward represent!

Posted

Ted Bundy?

Son of Sam?

The Green River Killer?

 

I am those guys.

 

All of them.

No, you're just another old dude citing examples from decades ago in a sad attempt to mock my little thread.

;0)

 

Really Kenngo1969--you got nothing for us?  (You too, Nehor?)  I open up a bit, get vulnerable with the forum--and this is the best you can do? 

 

--Erik

 

PS.  As a side note, I took my family to Mama's last weekend for lunch.  (If you live in Seattle, you know Mama's--it's even older than some of Kenngo's examples.)  Inside, they have the "Elvis Room"--and it's awesome!  My six year-old (who is currently inside the house playing with her four year-old sister while my two year-old son takes nap & I sit out on the deck enjoying some amazing weather) asked us, "Who is Elvis?"  Time marches on...

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't remember anything I did wrong before I was about 12 or so. I just don't have that good of a memory.  There are even a lot of things from my teens I don't remember.  Last year is a blur sometimes!

 

I do know that I destroyed school property in second grade though.  It was on my report card.  My mom asked about it because it just didn't seem like me.  Apparently I was chewing on the erasers of my pencils.  Haven't repented about that one.  Guess I am denial because I am pretty sure those pencils were mine once the school started letting me use them. 

 

Hmm.  Just thought of one.  I kissed a boy in third grade.  I don't actually remember it happening, but I remember that it did happen.  Didn't even get in trouble for it.   Probably had something to do with him punching me after it happened.  Didn't kiss again for a long time after that. Never thought about repenting over it, but decided now was a good time.

 

Hmm. great.  Now I am having childhood memories of other things I haven't repented over.  Fighting with my mom about brushing my hair.  Eating raspberries when I was hired to pick them.  Thanks a lot! 

Edited by Rain
Posted

One must be wary these days of the " twitter effect  " . Sharing too much , even on an anonymous board, can have unforeseen results. That said, I remember one time in the library, oops, almost caught me... :acute:

Posted

One must be wary these days of the " twitter effect  " . Sharing too much , even on an anonymous board, can have unforeseen results. That said, I remember one time in the library, oops, almost caught me... :acute:

Whew, that was close, strappinglad.  Please take all the time you need with legal counsel regarding statutes of limitations, etc., before proceeding further.

;0)

 

--Erik 

Posted

I lost one of my dad's badges once playing "cops-n-robbers."  Fortunately, I only did a couple days in the slammer for impersonation before he bailed me out.  I was terrified that all of the scary adult prisoners with hearts of ice would take advantage of a defenseless youngster, but, fortunately, Bubba and the Goon Squad actually took pity on me. ;)  (Yes, I later found the badge ...) :D

 

There; is that better? ;):D

Posted

Doubling down on the mockery, I see.  You're fighting this thread awfully hard, Kenngo.  At my house there's a Disney film & soundtrack that's proved remarkably sticky.  And there's a song in it that gets sung a lot by my girls, "Let It Go."  You can watch it here:

 

I think that advice might actually be good for you...

 

--Erik

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...