Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

The Gift Of The Holy Ghost And What Nonmembers Have


Recommended Posts

Posted

Salt does not leaven.

Salt actually retards leaven. If you put too much salt in bread, it won't rise. If you put no salt in it, it will rise too quickly, which does not produce good quality bread either. Rapid fermentation does not produce best quality bread. But by keeping the right balance between salt and yeast, and provided everything else is done right, you you get the best quality bread. See, you can't even beat me in making bread! :D

Posted

I don't know what you mean here but it just doesn't feel right to me. Please explain and maybe I will understand.

I didn't explain very well, I'm not the best with words. What I meant to say is that people of other religions (I've heard) lean on the spirit when they are at their worst. Does that make sense? Like with us as LDS members do we feel like we have the HG when we are at our worst or being our worst? That's all.

Posted

See, you can't even beat me in making bread! :D

You and selek should have a bakeoff.
Posted (edited)

Salt actually retards leaven. If you put too much salt in bread, it won't rise. If you put no salt in it, it will rise too quickly, which does not produce good quality bread either. Rapid fermentation does not produce best quality bread. But by keeping the right balance between salt and yeast, and provided everything else is done right, you you get the best quality bread. See, you can't even beat me in making bread! :D

I know. not to be snarky but I was making bread before you were born, Whipper snapper. :aggressive:

Edited by ERayR
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...