We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to, we got to, away

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Alex Raymond Salibian / Harry Edward Styles / Jeffrey Nath Bhasker / Mitchell Kristopher Rowland / Ryan Thomas Nasci / Tyler Sam Johnson

Sign of the Times lyrics © Peermusic Publishing, Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG Rights Management, Concord Music 

Edited by rodheadlee
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:30 AM, JVW said:

I don't know how to embed stuff. But I like this cover.

https://youtu.be/3GGZ-WGYBNo

Certain URLs will embed; others will not. Shortened URLs like that one won't, because the board software doesn't recognize it as embeddable. So it doesn't display it.  If you put the full YouTube link in your post, then the board software will go out to YouTube to retrieve the video for embedding. 

The full YouTube link for the shortened version is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GGZ-WGYBNo

In order to get it to NOT embed so it displayed as a link instead, I had to choose that right after it was inserted:

image.png

Edited by Stargazer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting music video I stumbled upon today. The lyrics are in Japanese (I think), and I don't understand a word, but though the music is kind of conventional, it's nevertheless enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, Stargazer said:

Here's an interesting music video I stumbled upon today. The lyrics are in Japanese (I think), and I don't understand a word, but though the music is kind of conventional, it's nevertheless enjoyable.

Korean.  Thanks for sharing, saved.

2 hours ago, poptart said:

Korean

The writing looks very different from Japanese and Chinese (which are similar), much simpler.  Korean writing or Hangul was created by the king (well, he ordered it at least, I watched a show that had him and a some worthies with some commoners create it themselves, great show, but not sure how accurate, if at all) in order to allow for greater literacy and allowing people to write their own histories.  It was meant to take a couple of days (less than a day for someone smart and 10 days for someone rather slow in learning) to learn the letters and start writing instead of the eons to become fluent in Classical Chinese script or even English for that matter.  The shape of the letters even have meaning, iirc some follow the shape the mouth makes when it makes the sound.  Brilliant invention.  I love the sound of Korean too.  I use it for background to fall asleep at times.

Edited by Calm
17 hours ago, Calm said:

The writing looks very different from Japanese and Chinese (which are similar), much simpler.  Korean writing or Hangul was created by the king (well, he ordered it at least, I watched a show that had him and a some worthies with some commoners create it themselves, great show, but not sure how accurate, if at all) in order to allow for greater literacy and allowing people to write their own histories.  It was meant to take a couple of days (less than a day for someone smart and 10 days for someone rather slow in learning) to learn the letters and start writing instead of the eons to become fluent in Classical Chinese script or even English for that matter.  The shape of the letters even have meaning, iirc some follow the shape the mouth makes when it makes the sound.  Brilliant invention.  I love the sound of Korean too.  I use it for background to fall asleep at times.

That's interesting, had no idea it was a king who came up with Hangul, even more interesting how some follow the shape the mouth makes with the sound.  Hiragana/Katakana was similar although based off something else Chinese.  Pretty much all E.Asian countries use the same Chinese origin characters, wherever Buddhism and Confucianism went so did education.  It's very similar to one reason why Christianity took off in Europe, trade and learning.  When another power has the wealth, learning plus all the other means of making your country a better place rulers with a brain have usually gone along with whatever the better off power wanted in exchange, E.Asia was no different in that regard. 

Not sure if you follow E.Asia politics much, that trade block China was behind earlier this year more or less closely during their imperial times.  Afghanistan was a tributary of theirs as well, Kabul used to be one of the wealthiest cities when the silk road was a thing.  Creating a writing system that shows you how to pronounce words is very clever, S.Korea is really starting to dominate in so many things, sports and technology among them.  I really do think this will be the Asian century.

Edited by poptart
  • 3 weeks later...