Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

This is news to most


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Maybe he actually means that bad souls disappear into Outer Darkness.

What happened to Purgatory?  And what about Limbo?

Limbo got shut down and boarded up back in 2007.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Maybe he actually means that bad souls disappear into Outer Darkness.

What happened to Purgatory?  And what about Limbo?

The limbo contest ended after centuries of contestants when Pope Francis was able to clear 2'4" without touching the pole.

Posted
52 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Be kind of funny if he does suggest hell is not real. Would you want to be the next pope mostly remembered for reinstating hell?

Too good Nehor. Gotta good laugh out of this one - still laughing - not at those in hell, but the idea of the pontiff reinstating hell hits my funny bone.

If this story is true, which I doubt, I can see why Catholics are having issues with this pontiff. He seems a nice fellow, but just seems to stir up some sort of controversy every year. We'll see what the controversy for 2018 is...

Posted
42 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Didn't Brigham Young once teach something similar?

Brigham Young and John Taylor both suggested that those condemned to Outer Darkness eventually break down and are destroyed.

I do not trust it. When God says no one knows the end of that state except those who go there I believe Him. God has, as He said, shown it in vision unto many, but it is just a peek and is shut up quickly.

Posted
49 minutes ago, RevTestament said:

Too good Nehor. Gotta good laugh out of this one - still laughing - not at those in hell, but the idea of the pontiff reinstating hell hits my funny bone.

If this story is true, which I doubt, I can see why Catholics are having issues with this pontiff. He seems a nice fellow, but just seems to stir up some sort of controversy every year. We'll see what the controversy for 2018 is...

I think the Pope may be running off a cliff. As one person commented this will please a bunch of people who never were Catholics and will never be Catholics and who will forget about it by tomorrow.

Posted
10 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Hell is the outerdarkness. I've been there, it is being all alone forever.

But there are times when I have thought that might be a blessing.

Posted

They go poof???  This must be why there is so much smog in our Valley..

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

They go poof???  This must be why there is so much smog in our Valley..

An unhealthy smog of airborne sin.

Edited by The Nehor
Posted

https://www.biography.com/people/pope-francis-21152349

"In September 2015, Pope Francis continued to stir up the status quo in the Catholic Church when he announced that priests around the world will be allowed to forgive the “sin of abortion” during a “year of mercy,” which starts December 8, 2015 and ends November 20, 2016. The Pope wrote about this act of compassion in a letter, stating: “I think in particular of all the women who have resorted to abortion. I am well aware of the pressure that has led them to this decision. I know that it is an existential and moral ordeal. I have met so many women who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision. What has happened is profoundly unjust; yet only understanding the truth of it can enable one not to lose hope."

"On November 21, 2016, as the Jubilee Year of Mercy ended, the Vatican announced that the Pope had extended the dispensation to all priests to absolve "the grave sin" of abortion. The policy was documented in an apostolic letter written by the Pope, which stated: " . . .I henceforth grant to all priests, in virtue of their ministry, the faculty to absolve those who have committed the sin of procured abortion."

This sounds to me like the philosophies of men mingled with scripture.  Trying to do away with the idea of hell?   Shades of Korihor.   :o

Posted
2 hours ago, longview said:

https://www.biography.com/people/pope-francis-21152349

"In September 2015, Pope Francis continued to stir up the status quo in the Catholic Church when he announced that priests around the world will be allowed to forgive the “sin of abortion” during a “year of mercy,” which starts December 8, 2015 and ends November 20, 2016. The Pope wrote about this act of compassion in a letter, stating: “I think in particular of all the women who have resorted to abortion. I am well aware of the pressure that has led them to this decision. I know that it is an existential and moral ordeal. I have met so many women who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision. What has happened is profoundly unjust; yet only understanding the truth of it can enable one not to lose hope."

"On November 21, 2016, as the Jubilee Year of Mercy ended, the Vatican announced that the Pope had extended the dispensation to all priests to absolve "the grave sin" of abortion. The policy was documented in an apostolic letter written by the Pope, which stated: " . . .I henceforth grant to all priests, in virtue of their ministry, the faculty to absolve those who have committed the sin of procured abortion."

This sounds to me like the philosophies of men mingled with scripture.  Trying to do away with the idea of hell?   Shades of Korihor.   :o

Procurement of an abortion incurs an automatic excommunication.

I believe that prior to this, a Catholic bishop had to either forgive the abortion himself or extend faculties to a priest to forgive a woman's abortion. 

Once upon a time confession for any mortal sin could only be heard by a bishop. Then faculties for sacramental confession were extended to priests as well. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...