For FHE tonight, as somewhat of a wry riff on events of the last 48 hours, I am watching BYUTV's Relative Race. Kinda fun. Anyone else watched it? If so, whadya think?

My first week in the ward, I also noticed mention of an app that allows you to see who you're related to in the ward. 

Edited by hagoth7
24 minutes ago, hagoth7 said:

For FHE tonight, as somewhat of a wry riff on events of the last 48 hours, I am watching BYUTV's Relative Race. Kinda fun. Anyone else watched it? If so, whadya think?

My first week in the ward, I also noticed mention of an app that allows you to see who you're related to in the ward. 

I don't know anything about the race. I also didn't know there was an app, but do know about www.relativefinder.org I started my ward's group. I'm also in a group there for a message board I visit. 

29 minutes ago, Rain said:

I don't know anything about the race. I also didn't know there was an app, but do know about www.relativefinder.org I started my ward's group. I'm also in a group there for a message board I visit. 

I tried it out, but all I got was "It seems to be taking longer than usual to calculate your relatives. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

ETA:   Finally worked, and it is fascinating.  Thanks.

Edited by Robert F. Smith

It has been fun in our ward. We keep the password and group name on the board in the family history room. Every once in awhile someone asks for it on the ward facebook page and it is fun to hear everyone talk about new connections.

5 hours ago, hagoth7 said:

For FHE tonight, as somewhat of a wry riff on events of the last 48 hours, I am watching BYUTV's Relative Race. Kinda fun. Anyone else watched it? If so, whadya think?My first week in the ward, I also noticed mention of an app that allows you to see who you're related to in the ward. 

I watched off and on last season... yes, it was fun...

GG