Jump to content

Imagine


Jeanne

Recommended Posts

Hey....I know everybody has probably seen the above video...but I wanted to share because for the first time..I got to HEAR it.  My kids put the volume on high with these huge headphones and I started to cry.. The sound was kind of jumpy at first...but it was as if the angels came down to heal me for a moment.  I am still crying.  If you have heard it before, pretend you are me...and hearing these voices for the first time. If you haven't heard it, make sure to listen till the very end.

I dedicate this wonderful little miracle to California Boy..Daniel 2, Scott Lloyd (my beatle buddy) to my christian family here and my jewish friends at work..to all the world!  Peace.

Quote

Has anybody here seen my old friend John?

 

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Hey....I know everybody has probably seen the above video...but I wanted to share because for the first time..I got to HEAR it.  My kids put the volume on high with these huge headphones and I started to cry.. The sound was kind of jumpy at first...but it was as if the angels came down to heal me for a moment.  I am still crying.  If you have heard it before, pretend you are me...and hearing these voices for the first time. If you haven't heard it, make sure to listen till the very end.

I dedicate this wonderful little miracle to California Boy..Daniel 2, Scott Lloyd (my beatle buddy) to my christian family here and my jewish friends at work..to all the world!  Peace.

 

I hope it was the beauty of the the voices and not the atheistic message that made you cry.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Bobbieaware said:

I hope it was the beauty of the the voices and not the atheistic message that made you cry.

I am sorry...but I take offense to that.  Nevermind.

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Hey....I know everybody has probably seen the above video...but I wanted to share because for the first time..I got to HEAR it.  My kids put the volume on high with these huge headphones and I started to cry.. The sound was kind of jumpy at first...but it was as if the angels came down to heal me for a moment.  I am still crying.  If you have heard it before, pretend you are me...and hearing these voices for the first time. If you haven't heard it, make sure to listen till the very end.

I dedicate this wonderful little miracle to California Boy..Daniel 2, Scott Lloyd (my beatle buddy) to my christian family here and my jewish friends at work..to all the world!  Peace.

 

There are some wonderful sentiments to that song and yet it does carry some heavy baggage for other people.  However, I still enjoy the music itself and appreciate the objective of living in peace with one another.  

Link to comment

I can't fathom your feelings about the healing you await, but I, too (if for different reasons) await a healing of my own.  Thank you for sharing. :)  Here are my thoughts on Mr. Lennon's thoughts: 

https://greatgourdini.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/lennon-hope-and-religion/

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Calm said:

That is quite sweet.  Not being able to hear music normally must be hard.

PS:  someday if we manage to be of one heart, one mind, one faith (whatever that turns out to be), there will be no "religion" in my opinion, our belief will simply be all wrapped up with the rest of our lives.  And heaven won't be "above us" but all around.

There are plenty of ways to interpret the song in a positive way.

Right on Calm, that's how I take it too! Because in the name of religion there has been some pretty evil crap going on. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Hey....I know everybody has probably seen the above video...but I wanted to share because for the first time..I got to HEAR it.  My kids put the volume on high with these huge headphones and I started to cry.. The sound was kind of jumpy at first...but it was as if the angels came down to heal me for a moment.  I am still crying.  If you have heard it before, pretend you are me...and hearing these voices for the first time. If you haven't heard it, make sure to listen till the very end.

I dedicate this wonderful little miracle to California Boy..Daniel 2, Scott Lloyd (my beatle buddy) to my christian family here and my jewish friends at work..to all the world!  Peace.

 

I'm so happy for you Jeanne. I know how much you love music and that you once performed for others as I recall you saying. So this is wonderful!

I went and saw Pentatonix a few years ago, they were a pre-show for another concert. They are doing well, and I believe they were recently on an awards show. 

Link to comment

Please mods..just close down the thread.  The wind has been taken out of my sails.  I realize John Lennon's stance..at the time it didn't matter because it was a special moment for me..we all have different takes on God..and on the universe..I was just open enough to see the value of beautiful voices with an ending that spoke for all of us..I am so darn sorry.and so disappointed  Shut it down.

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Bobbieaware said:

I hope it was the beauty of the the voices and not the atheistic message that made you cry.

Ugh :mellow:.  Seriously???

I had an entire post written about this comment, but never mind.  

Calm said it better than I could.

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Hey....I know everybody has probably seen the above video...but I wanted to share because for the first time..I got to HEAR it.  My kids put the volume on high with these huge headphones and I started to cry.. The sound was kind of jumpy at first...but it was as if the angels came down to heal me for a moment.  I am still crying.  If you have heard it before, pretend you are me...and hearing these voices for the first time. If you haven't heard it, make sure to listen till the very end.

I dedicate this wonderful little miracle to California Boy..Daniel 2, Scott Lloyd (my beatle buddy) to my christian family here and my jewish friends at work..to all the world!  Peace.

 

Thanks for posting this, Jeanne.  It's very touching and I loved listening to this beautiful song and words.  (I hadn't seen it before!)

Edited by JulieM
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Please mods..just close down the thread.  The wind has been taken out of my sails.  I realize John Lennon's stance..at the time it didn't matter because it was a special moment for me..we all have different takes on God..and on the universe..I was just open enough to see the value of beautiful voices with an ending that spoke for all of us..I am so darn sorry.and so disappointed  Shut it down.

We are told to take the good wherever it is found.  We are not told we have to trash what we don't take as well.

It is tragic that there were a few who read this post of your joy of sound, of music, of people caring and your desire to share and they just had to focus on what they disliked instead of sharing in your moment of joy in life.

I wonder if when Christ healed the blind man if they would have been among those who condemned Christ for breaking the Sabbath law or rejoiced with the blind man in his new found sight.

Why was it so important to focus on the 'color' of the 'light' that was restored for a moment of Joy to Jeanne instead of reveling in the pure experience of restoration and the love of your children wanting to give you something you miss.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Calm said:

We are told to take the good wherever it is found.  We are not told we have to trash what we don't take as well.

It is tragic that there were a few who read this post of your joy of sound, of music, of people caring and your desire to share and they just had to focus on what they disliked instead of sharing in your moment of joy in life.

I wonder if when Christ healed the blind man if they would have been among those who condemned Christ for breaking the Sabbath law or rejoiced with the blind man in his new found sight.

Why was it so important to focus on the 'color' of the 'light' that was restored for a moment of Joy to Jeanne instead of reveling in the pure experience of restoration and the love of your children wanting to give you something you miss.

Hi Jeanne and Cal...I doubt if bobbie was aware that the greater part of the joy was about hearing when hard of hearing. I didn't realize there was a hearing problem until after bobbie's post. I am with bobbie on the message of the song, and I am with Jeanne for enjoying the music. I don't think bobbie meant to poop all over someone enjoying music and wanting to share the joy...and in Social Hall too. I am sorry for how this went all the way around. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, 3DOP said:

Hi Jeanne and Cal...I doubt if bobbie was aware that the greater part of the joy was about hearing when hard of hearing. I didn't realize there was a hearing problem until after bobbie's post. I am with bobbie on the message of the song, and I am with Jeanne for enjoying the music. I don't think bobbie meant to poop all over someone enjoying music and wanting to share the joy...and in Social Hall too. I am sorry for how this went all the way around. 

I didn't pick the song..my children knew I loved the Beatles and John..so they put the headphones on and played this.  I thought for sure that everyone would understand the true message here and wanted to share..even for a moment outside the gospel box...and in the present..that all of you would enjoy the actual message of love.   During the pass 24 hours, I have learned so much more about mormons.  Thanks to Calm, Tacenda and JulieM and many others for stepping out of the box a minute to understand.

I am thinking it is too bad that the John/Beatles didn't write songs for Mormons.  But if you get a chance, this group has a beautiful Christmas album..loved the Drummer Boy...and the First Noel..and Jewish man who sings Christmas songs...and the blond is a return missionary...a world of diversity that comes together...whoops..Come Together...another Beatle Song..must look that one up.:)

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment

snowflake is not a Mormon, just in case you were unaware...I am assuming you know that 3DOP is catholic given how long he has been posting, but it could be easy to miss or forget about snowflake as snow is not that frequent and tends to stay in one or two threads.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment

It is not fun to have your parade rained on...repeatedly.  Jeanne, I know that you can overlook it and realize that all of the negative comments have nothing to do with you or the beautiful way that song was sung.  None of those comments were personal and had more to do with their position and perception alone.  It does not have anything to do with one's religious affiliation or lack of one.  

BTW, this evening I watched a wonderful documentary on Thomas Keating entitled, "Thomas Keating: A Rising Tide Of Silence".  It was outstanding or at least I found it so.  If you get it chance I would encourage you to see it.  Father Keating, a Trappist monk, has written many wonderful books and was one of the leaders of teaching Centering Prayer.  I think you would enjoy learning about his philosophy and teachings on God and being a follower of Christ.  

Jeanne, I share this with some degree of reservation, but with a high degree of confidence that you are more than capable of digging in deep and threshing what Father Keating shares.  It is my opinion that he has a lot of truth to teach, but it is not all truth or complete truth.  My reservations are centered on how the Savior can be lost within his message among other things.  That is only my opinion.  I hope you find him as wonderful a teacher as I did.

Edited by Storm Rider
Link to comment
13 hours ago, snowflake said:

Here is an appropriate response to the theme song of the liberal left.

 

I will say that this cover of Imagine is quite a bit better than John Lennon's original.  It is quite pretty, and from a musical perspective, there is no denying that.  That being said, I don't particularly care for the tune; Pentatonix does it well, however.

And snowflake, the Social Hall isn't the place for confrontation and arguing.  It's the part of the board that is reserved for sweetness and light.  So, you shouldn't have posted Ben Shapiro as a response.  You should have just let Jeanne have her moment of beauty.

I won't say anything more about it here, but I will PM you.

Edited by Stargazer
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Calm said:

snowflake is not a Mormon, just in case you were unaware...I am assuming you know that 3DOP is catholic given how long he has been posting, but it could be easy to miss or forget about snowflake as snow is not that frequent and tends to stay in one or two threads.

Thanks for the clarification...thank you so much for you love and support in my little fun areas of life...:)

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

It is not fun to have your parade rained on...repeatedly.  Jeanne, I know that you can overlook it and realize that all of the negative comments have nothing to do with you or the beautiful way that song was sung.  None of those comments were personal and had more to do with their position and perception alone.  It does not have anything to do with one's religious affiliation or lack of one.  

BTW, this evening I watched a wonderful documentary on Thomas Keating entitled, "Thomas Keating: A Rising Tide Of Silence".  It was outstanding or at least I found it so.  If you get it chance I would encourage you to see it.  Father Keating, a Trappist monk, has written many wonderful books and was one of the leaders of teaching Centering Prayer.  I think you would enjoy learning about his philosophy and teachings on God and being a follower of Christ.  

Jeanne, I share this with sThank ome degree of reservation, but with a high degree of confidence that you are more than capable of digging in deep and threshing what Father Keating shares.  It is my opinion that he has a lot of truth to teach, but it is not all truth or complete truth.  My reservations are centered on how the Savior can be lost within his message among other things.  That is only my opinion.  I hope you find him as wonderful a teacher as I did.

Thank you for caring.  I will check this out.  So appreciate you.

Link to comment
On April 6, 2017 at 11:49 PM, Tacenda said:

Right on Calm, that's how I take it too! Because in the name of religion there has been some pretty evil crap going on. 

Religion is just one method of callings others to war. It is the lack of living one's Faith that causing them to heed the call to war, while the others have no choice but to defend themselves.

My shortest poem ever...

Chrildren of God

The heavens weep at the sight,

When God's children choose to fight.

Each cause different, yet all the same

They think they fight in God's name. 

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Religion is just one method of callings others to war. It is the lack of living one's Faith that causing them to heed the call to war, while the others have no choice but to defend themselves.

My shortest poem ever...

Chrildren of God

The heavens weep at the sight,

When God's children choose to fight.

Each cause different, yet all the same

They think they fight in God's name. 

Thanks for the poem, it has been awhile since you've shared this wonderful talent. :)

How God must feel when they fight in His name. :( 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Religion is just one method of callings others to war. It is the lack of living one's Faith that causing them to heed the call to war, while the others have no choice but to defend themselves.

My shortest poem ever...

Chrildren of God

The heavens weep at the sight,

When God's children choose to fight.

Each cause different, yet all the same

They think they fight in God's name. 

Love this.  Thank you for sharing!!

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...