Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Richard G. Scott Passes Away at age 86

halconero

8 minutes ago, halconero said:

I am an idiot...it's been a long day and my brain is fried.

I will accept all forms of mocking, scorn, and contempt...

I was seriously considering it.
But your brain really must be fried.

Ohhhhhhh! This thread is bad! I looked up the article linked and it said the 22nd. I thought, "oh it must be a one year later type of thing." Then I realized today was not the 22nd and I panicked, because even though we celebrated my adult son's birthday last night I had planned to text him on his birthday to wish him happy birthday. 

So I did. And then immediately texted back recognizing his birthday is tomorrow!

14 hours ago, The Nehor said:

To quote the great Blackadder:

"Really, I wish he'd make up his mind -- either he dies, or he lives forever! It's his shilly-shallying that's so undignified."

Extra rep point for quoting the brilliant Blackadder...

20 hours ago, halconero said:

I am an idiot...it's been a long day and my brain is fried.

I will accept all forms of mocking, scorn, and contempt...

Don't worry, my family thinks I am brain dead. 

Now this.  As sad as it might be..you guys have cracked me up!!  It's not funny...but tell it to  my belly laugh...If nothing else, it proves that life goes on..and on..and death does too!:Phalconero, you are so forgiven..and heck...if we can't laugh together..what good are we??:P

3 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Now this.  As sad as it might be..you guys have cracked me up!!  It's not funny...but tell it to  my belly laugh...If nothing else, it proves that life goes on..and on..and death does too!:Phalconero, you are so forgiven..and heck...if we can't laugh together..what good are we??:P

Well said. 

I was raised in a family of seven children.  Mom and Dad had long since passed away and many of our aunts and uncles had also passed.  All of us kids were all together for a holiday and talking.  My younger brother asks the group, "How is Aunt Lille Mae?"  We all looked at teach other knowing that she had passed away the year before.  We all had that look on our faces thinking "We did tell him about her passing, right?"  One of us pipes up asking our brother, "You do know that she is dead don't you?"  He got all red in the face and we all laughed about it.  

It is funny how life does continue to move along; sometimes our minds don't move quite as quickly or smoothly.  

14 hours ago, halconero said:

Welp, I survived. The test want incredibly difficult, though I definitely felt the pressure of 5 35 minute timed sections. The nice part was being able to walk out and walk 10 minutes to the McMahon stadium and watch the Stampeders win a 0:00 seconds remaining come back by scoring a field goal on the last play of the game against Winnipeg (34-32 Final Score). Then cleaning my house and car for the first time in 3 weeks followed by vegging on the Office.

The point is that I survived. I'd like to imagine that Elder Scott had a good laugh at this in the Spirit World.

Elder Scott passed away???:D  Doesn't feel good to have all the domestic stuff done and get headaches out of the way.  Enjoy the rest of the day!!

Halconero,

I have more news for you, so ... steel yourself, OK?  President Packer and Elder Perry also passed away.  (Sorry I had to be the one to tell you! :()

;):D:rofl:

Estoy bien confundido.  Pensé que Ud. iba a tomar el LSAT.  ¿No lo tomó, y tomó el MCAT en vez?  ¿Tomó el LSAT y el MCAT?  Si tomó el LSAT, ¿como salió?

P.S.:  Elder Scott, Elder Perry, and President Packer passed away, and I don't feel so good m'self! :huh: 

;):D 

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • 3 weeks later...