Woman says visitor was husband, not Mormon.

JAHS

Wow. Not sure what to make of this one.

"A Lebanon woman called the police because she suspected that her estranged husband was impersonating Mormon missionaries.
At approximately 3:24 p.m. Wednesday a Lebanon Police officer was dispatched to the 400 block of South Jefferson Avenue.
According to an incident report from the Lebanon Police Department, the officer spoke with a 31-year-old Lebanon woman about an alleged ex parte violation committed by her husband.
The woman said that someone claiming to be from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints had left a Bible at her workplace at about 2:30 p.m.
On the front of the Bible the was a yellow sticky note with the woman’s name on it, and inside the front cover there was a picture of Jesus with a phone number on it. The woman told the officer that she was afraid to call the phone number because she did not recognize it and was worried it was from her husband.
At the woman’s request, the officer called the number and got an answering machine with an outgoing message containing the owner’s first name but not a last name.
The officer also attempted to call the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but was only able to reach an answering machine."

Woman says visitor was husband, not Mormon.

This is strange to be in the news, but perhaps small towns print desparately need stuff to print.

And in that spirit...

got an answering machine with an outgoing message containing the owner’s first name but not a last name.

Unlikely to be a missionary...unless maybe a ward missionary?  Also only one man dropping it off instead of a companionship is problematic and at the work place instead of home.

At best it is someone in the local ward or at work (which would makes sense to have it dropped off there if they don't know her home address) asking for it to be done for her without bothering to tell her about it...which is a good reason not to give referrals for friends without telling them you have done that.

The clicher would be to see what type of Bible it was.  Is it the economy black LDS published version or another one?

http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product3_715839595_10557_3074457345616706306_-1__3074457345616944220

Edited by Calm

Don't forget JW's. People also easily confuse them with LDS as well.

Anyways, I hope that if her husband is trying to get to her against her wishes that she remains safe and can eventually feel safe, too.

On February 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM, VideoGameJunkie said:

Pfft real Mormons leave the Book of Mormon, not BIbles.

Sometimes both, you can call or go the LDS.ORG and get a free Bible. 

I feel terrible...this reminds me. 

Back in the summer of '96 north of Wichita, KS we had left a BoM with a lady going door to door.  She said come back. That night or somewhere near that same night, we got home and had a message on our machine saying, "you come get this Mormon bible.  I threw it out in the gutter by my house.  if you talk to my wife again I'll kill ya."  We got no name or location.  We didn't know who it was.  The next week or so we came back one evening to find our downstairs neighbor lady all upset and a bit frantic.  Says she, "some guys came over and were pounding on your door all upset.  I went out to talk to them but they were rabid angry, saying they wanted to kill you.  They said they had more of a problem with the little one and would leave the big one alone" (My companion was 6'5" and I'm 5'7").  Anywho, she said they waited around for an hour or two but then left. 

The next week or so, as it turns out we had marked this house as one in which we intended to check back up on.  So we went back.  The lady had a broken arm and bruises on her face, but told us she's not interested.  We honestly didn't make the connection until some weeks later.  The details are a bit fuzzy for me, but I was wracked with terrible guilt.  Also, the guy apparently came back and promised to drag me out into the country behind his truck.  I had hoped he was in jail, but we never heard anything more after that. 

Stemelbow,

I cannot imagine how hard it must be to let go of guilt over something for which you feel responsible (much easier said than done, I'm sure).  but what happened was solely and completely the fault of the man who felt that aggravated battery was an acceptable solution to what he saw as a problem.  I don't know how, but I do have faith that God will sort it all out and will recompense us all justly for the deeds we've done.  But that's the point: We're responsible for what we do, not for what anyone else chooses to do.