Lds Films

Is there a place on line to watch LDS films?  Any recommendations? 

I just watched American Mormon which I enjoyed. 

*** oops...I just realized my title should be LDS.  Is there anyway to change that?  My apologies

Edited by followerofemmanuel

I wish there was, but I'm not aware of one

Thanks for letting me know.  I really like movies with wholesome, moral themes, such as Fire Proof, The Blind Side, Faith like Potatoes, To Save a Life....

I love watching movies to unwind :)

Don't worry about it, the capitalization is automatic...

Thanks Calmoriah.  I did not want to come across as disrespectful in anyway. 

Thanks Calmoriah. I did not want to come across as disrespectful in anyway.

Half the time, I do lower case...I don't think most lds/LDS/Lds care as long as you say nice things about us. :)

More will probably point out if you lack the hyphen in "latter-day saints" then lacking caps because there is a break off sect who use the same name without the hyphen, iirc.

The correct is "Latter-day Saints" (so we all probably should be doing LdS but I never see that) but given the usual official logo is all caps (see lds.org for an example) and we often talk about the latter days, not the latter-days, it can be confusing. I have to stop and think about it and I've been a member all my life.

PS: anyone know the history behind the hyphen and why we use it?

Edited by calmoriah

Thanks for letting me know. I really like movies with wholesome, moral themes, such as Fire Proof, The Blind Side, Faith like Potatoes, To Save a Life....

I love watching movies to unwind :)

You can see movies like this online through netflix. Just google "faith netflix movies" or "christian netflix movies" and you pull up lists. They come and go so you might not find every movie on a list still at netflix.

We saw "Midway to heaven" a few weeks ago. Not specifically lds, but it has quite a few lds actors. I think "Forever Strong" was on netflix as well. Again, not specifically lds.

*** oops...I just realized my title should be LDS.  Is there anyway to change that?  My apologies

I saw that "Saints and Soldiers" is on Netflix.

I saw that "Saints and Soldiers" is on Netflix.

Thanks I'm going to look for it:)

You can see movies like this online through netflix. Just google "faith netflix movies" or "christian netflix movies" and you pull up lists. They come and go so you might not find every movie on a list still at netflix.

We saw "Midway to heaven" a few weeks ago. Not specifically lds, but it has quite a few lds actors. I think "Forever Strong" was on netflix as well. Again, not specifically lds.

Great idea!  I have recently subscribed to netflix too.  That is where I watched American Mormon, which was kinda like a documentary.  The main guy in it was in a movie called the singles ward, which I also just watched.  It was funny.  

I have a lot of time on my hand at the moment due to an injury to my hand.  I am home bound on call for surgery.  Movies are the perfect activity at the moment:)

Blessings!!

I really enjoyed "Errand of Angels". Sister missionaries kick @$$. They should be the real zone and district leaders. After all, the MP's wife is the real MP. We all know this. I've gotten into trouble a few times with the Phoenix Mission President's wives. Mostly with Sister Booth in 2004-05 and Sister Gill in 2005-08. Something about molotov cocktails with missionaries and p-day. And teaching missionaries to antagonize Evangelical Protestants.

I really should see if I can get Sister Taylor to react. I haven't gotten in trouble in a while. Maybe I'll have a play-date with some elders on July 4th.

Edited by Valentinus

I am partial to Best Two Years and God's Army.  They are the best acted and written in my opinion.

If you want something a little more historical then Emma Smith My Story and 17 Miracles are also pretty good.

If you want something Church produced my favorite is Mountain of the Lord.

Hello Follower...

Do you have DISH or DIRECT TV?  Both of those satellites carry BYU-TV, which has some great programming and movies that are family oriented.  I like American Ride for historical events... Studio C is zany comedy... also a series called Granite Flats... Plus specials like the Choir, and of course the sports events...

GG

Hello Follower...

Do you have DISH or DIRECT TV?  Both of those satellites carry BYU-TV, which has some great programming and movies that are family oriented.  I like American Ride for historical events... Studio C is zany comedy... also a series called Granite Flats... Plus specials like the Choir, and of course the sports events...

GG

No, I do not have cable or a dish.  I watch programs on line.  I do have netflix and youtube :) 

Thanks!

I've gotten into trouble a few times with the Phoenix Mission President's wives.

I knew it ! Polygamy still exists in the church.

As for the OP, there have been some spectacular failures at making movies out of the BoM. Those I recommend against.

Edited by strappinglad

I just watched "the other side of heaven" on youtube.  Interesting movie about a missionaries journey.

Putlocker should have whatever movies you are looking for.

I have never heard of putlucker....but I will check it out.  Thanks :)

I have never heard of putlucker....but I will check it out.  Thanks :)

I watch all of my movies on Putlocker and other sites similair.  The probably with some sites though, is they have pop ups for dating sites, and that gets very very annoying.

I just watched "the other side of heaven" on youtube.  Interesting movie about a missionaries journey.

Based on a real missionary's experience, but downplayed from what I hear a few miracles...iirc the raising the child from the dead blessing was not pumping his arms in a modified CPR effort (my husband saw the movie, I didnt).

Putlocker should have whatever movies you are looking for.

I thought I would have a look, and even watched a few minutes of Avengers. I note that they have The Edge of Tomorrow on tap, a film which is still in theaters and has not been released to disc.

Their disclaimer reads: "All of the free movies found on this website are hosted on third-party servers that are freely available to watch online for all internet users. Any legal issues regarding the free online movies on this website should be taken up with the actual file hosts themselves, as we're not affiliated with them."

So, in other words, Putlocker is brokering material illegally, and claiming that it's someone else's fault.

Not very ethical.

• 2 weeks later...

I am partial to Best Two Years and God's Army.  They are the best acted and written in my opinion.

If you want something a little more historical then Emma Smith My Story and 17 Miracles are also pretty good.

If you want something Church produced my favorite is Mountain of the Lord.

Brigham City was quite the movie, though.  

Edited to remove the inadvertent spoiler!

Edited by Stargazer

Brigham City was quite the movie, though.

Edited to remove the inadvertent spoiler!

I think before, or during this movie, the director Richard Dutcher, may have had the beginnings of his faith crisis because the ending seemed to have an edginess to it, but I guess God's Army 2 did also. The ending or towards the end there was a scene in Brigham City, that was my favorite. Much like the ending scene in God's Army 2, they both teach a more Christlike love.  ETA:  Re-listening to a MS's podcast with Richard Dutcher to see when his FC happened. 

Edited by Tacenda