My Grandnephew just received his Mission call to Billings; Montana.

That is good news... I hope he isn't disappointed he wasn't called somewhere overseas... or a larger city, etc.

GG

He's happy at being called. Though not looking forwards to how cold it gets there. He's a real southern California hot house flower like me.

I'm glad... he'll be in my prayers when I ask blessings on our missionaries as they serve, wherever called...

GG

When the going gets tough, the tough go to Billings, or maybe Havre a bit further north.

May I suggest getting a set of polypropylene underwear for winter to be layered over his garments. The summers can be hot so cotton is better than nylon then. A quick look at Wikipedia will show that Billings is full of real western history.

Edited by strappinglad

That's where I'm from!

Yes, he is going to be cold (and hot) but it's a great place.  On the down side, he's going to have to get every vaccination available (the ones that they usually only make overseas missionaries get) but he'll get to see a lot of nature and serve around some wonderful people.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Heh!  Reminds me of a story from President Monson's biography (I should say up-front that I think the guidelines about working in cold weather have changed: if it gets cold enough, missionaries don't go out, period. [Of course, I never had to worry about that in Sunny San Diego :D ... but ... I digress!]  This is still a funny story.)  Two missionaries sent [then-Mission] President Monson a telegram: "President, Thermometer reads thirty below.  Please advise." President Monson cabled back: "Dress warm, work hard, and don't look at the thermometer!" :D

Congratulations to you and yours! :)

Edited by Kenngo1969

... On the down side, he's going to have to get every vaccination available (the ones that they usually only make overseas missionaries get ...

:huh::unsure:  Seriously?! :huh::unsure:

Huh.  Whodathunk?!  Not to derail the thread, but what's the thinking behind that?  (Just curious ...)