"The Bible"

Did anyone catch last night's introduction to the TV series, The Bible? I saw it, but turned it off after a half hour.

Did something turn you off about it? Certain groups like to put their own little spin on things.

I decided to put my critical nature on tap and I enjoyed the outwardly literary method in which they portrayed the Bible until....

Lot allowed the messengers of God into Sodom and when they encountered the licentiousness of the people they (the angels) threw off their robes, pulled out swords and went ninja on the citizenry. This kind of blew it for me.

Well...continued the part on Abraham and Isaac and was impressed with the content and a bit moved by the relationship between Abraham and his son. Moses....eh...not so much, and they completely left out Jacob and Joseph.

I haven't watched the show but i read an article about the producers and they are really convinced that the show will get "billions" of people to pick up the bible and read it.

I thought that was interesting, since it seems like most 'bible' shows on these kinds of channels present the bible as something to make fun of or debunk. I've never seen one on such a channel that came at the topic as a firm believer.

Did anyone catch last night's introduction to the TV series, The Bible? I saw it, but turned it off after a half hour.

I was very disappointed... totally superficial... lacking any depth or feel for the people and events... example: the giving of the 10 Commandments to Moses. I too stopped watching after the first hour...

GG

I watched it...seen better.

I thought it was interesting that the angels in Sodom were girded with armor and swords, and had to fight their way out of the city.

I was also disappointed that the story of Joseph was entirely skipped.

Every biblical movie I have seen has taken liberties with the stories for "dramatic" effect, but I'm not sure the stories of the bible need it. There is plenty of action, suspense, sex, violence, and drama within the stories themselves that I think they could stand on their own.

Both. I love the Hebrew Bible more than the New Testament.

Please keep in mind that I do not have a college degree in Bible, nor do I impersonate a Pastor on SNL. :)

I had read parts of the Bible in my pre-teens, but because, I did not finish it. Then in '74, not knowing any better I just sat down and read the whole thing. It took me about a week, I think. I liked the OT, but found the genealogies boring. Still I think it gave me a good idea what was going on in those days.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were great, but when I got to acts it turned me off. I did not like what happened to Ananias and Sappira. I still don't like it. I felt like with Paul, the Bible departed from the direction that Heavenly Father had set. James and some of the others, I would not speak to on the street. I don't think they got Jesus Christ.

Anything that shines light on the Bible is a good thing. Ashamedly I admit I have never read Old Testament so this is giving me a basic outline. I am also getting spiritual lessons out of it.

Thanks for your honesty. I struggle with scriptures period. And I hear the Old Testament is wonderful. Too bad I haven't been watching the series.

Anything that shines light on the Bible is a good thing. Ashamedly I admit I have never read Old Testament so this is giving me a basic outline. I am also getting spiritual lessons out of it.

Don't rely too heavily on it for accuracy.