10000 Posts

KevinG

I know personal threads aren't allowed but I just reached 10,000 posts.

Perhaps its time to revisit the addiction group?

Now you are faced with a severe dillema. To post or not to post further. Do you keep post count at a pristine 10000 or do you mar it by further posting?

Be proud...compared to my rep points, you are very respected here. And you are fron Georgia...the promised land. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Be proud...compared to my rep points, yYou are very respected here. And you are fron Georgia...the promised land.

Never underestimate the value of sarcastic humor in garnering cheap rep points. But thank you!

Be proud...compared to my rep points, yYou are very respected here. And you are fron Georgia...the promised land.

I gave you a rep point, FWIW. Let's start a campaign: Rep Points for Pa Pa! (I'll be your campaign manager for free! ;))

Now you are faced with a severe dillema. To post or not to post further. Do you keep post count at a pristine 10000 or do you mar it by further posting?

Go for 20,000! ;)

P.S.: I think 20K is the magic threshhold at which posters are translated! (Ask Calmoriah ... ;))

P.P.S.: "My name is Ken, and I'm an MA&DB addict."

Everyone else in unison: "Hi, Ken!" :D

Edited by Kenngo1969

Go for 20,000! ;)

P.S.: I think 20K is the magic threshhold at which posters are translated! (Ask Calmoriah ... ;))

P.P.S.: "My name is Ken, and I'm an MA&DB addict."

Everyone else in unison: "Hi, Ken!" :D

No sign of any heavenly choir coming for me yet.....

I give out rep points for three main reasons....when someone makes me laugh, which is why Kevin has gotten a significant portion of his points from me...probably over a hundred, I really poured them on when he first came back I had missed him so, and then because I believe people have put some effort into their post whether through research (like Robert Smith who is always footnoting his stuff) or some major thought (which can show up even in short posts because if it is well written, some complex thoughts can be presented in short, precise ways. Oh and the third most common way is to amaze me with your ability to find the most obscure references like volgadon does all the time. So I do tend to weight the more academic posts and as for the humorous my taste does run to the flippant and absurd so most joke telling does do it for me, I must be above all else surprised. :)

Edited by calmoriah

I give out rep points for three main reasons....when someone makes me laugh, which is why Kevin has gotten a significant portion of his points from me...probably over a hundred, I really poured them on when he first came back I had missed him so, and then because I believe people have put some effort into their post whether through research (like Robert Smith who is always footnoting his stuff) or some major thought (which can show up even in short posts because if it is well written, some complex thoughts can be presented in short, precise ways. Oh and the third most common way is to amaze me with your ability to find the most obscure references like volgadon does all the time. So I do tend to weight the more academic posts and as for the humorous my taste does run to the flippant and absurd so most joke telling does do it for me, I must be above all else surprised. :)

Your check is in the mail. :air_kiss:

Well, if there were others who posted more there would be a lot of people with more points than I have...think percentagewise.

I think I got maybe 50 points to surge into first place past Pahoran...but one only has to look at his post count to realize there is still a significant difference. That's okay, I fully realize that many of my posts are about the relationship rather than the substance and just having some fun, this being much of my social life I figure I might as well socialize. :)

It is probably silly, but I will admit that I do value the rep points highly...not because I am higher than others, I am not using them to compare myself to others, but I just watch how they mount out and what posts draw what attention, because you see it means to me that people are interested in what I have to say and since I was certain for a good portion of my life that this was not so (I was terminally shy, stuttered, wasn't brave enough to go sit with people at lunch unless they asked me and of course no one thinks they need to ask, etc. etc.) and it hurt very deeply, even though I had grown out of it by this time there is something very reassuring knowing I am making some sort of connection. :)

Yeah, I feel the same way about making that connection. It's always good to know that you are being understood....or that someone has even bothered to read your post! lol I think, I use the rep points more like a "like" button, on Facebook. I rep when I like or agree with someone's post or they have, perhaps, made me think about something more deeply.

Edited by Libs

Congrats, Kevin, on your 10,000+ posts!! I always enjoy your posts, so I'm glad you post a lot. :)

Piker.

Our former poster Charity was really going strong with leading the pact with posts. I have no idea what happened to her but i hope that she is okay. She was great. Her daughter also joined the board. But now you will need to speak with Cal about membership in the group. I believe that Zakuska is the secretary. I am following close behind. Let me know how the group is and if there are any attractive single women in it between the ages of 48 to 53.

Thanks in advance. :hi:

<Hmmmmm..... I could always try the sympathy ploy.....>

Please give me rep points. Calmoriah just recently beat me and now I feel like nobody loves me

I am so sad :shok:

I too have wondered whatever happened to Charity!

All I know is that it never faileth, but yes, you don't see much of it today do you?