Pet Peeves-What Are Yours?

Duncan

Article in the lds churchnews has something about pet peeves. I was wondering what some of yours are? Some of mine are I can't stand the sound of people eating chips (nails on a chalk board are no bother), that sound people make when they are at the pulpit and they can't find something, it's like a shushing sound (starts of in a higher pitch and descends like Chew chewchewchewchew..... I understand the situation please don't sing!) Bob Marley music irritates to no end. People overusing words like "gooder", "no worries", etc. Also lineups at a store, restaurant etc. with someone who doesn't know what is going on at the front, ( comedian john pinette encapsulates my thoughts on that subject quite well!) I have some others. So, what are your pet peeves?

When-my-space-bar-breaks-and-I-have-to-wait-until-payday-to-replace-my-keyboard.

Teenage children that eat all my food, dirty all my towels and my dishes, consume all my time with homework and driving to activities, and who yell and scream for no logical reason. Of course, my teenage children are not anything like that. At least not when they are sleeping.

BUT OF COURSE IF THEY WERE SLEEPING THAT WOULD MEAN THEY WOULD ACTUALLY GO DO BED!!

Sorry, was I yelling just then?

When-my-space-bar-breaks-and-I-have-to-wait-until-payday-to-replace-my-keyboard.

I have a spare one I can mail you, ms.

R U Serious, tho?

I have a spare one I can mail you, ms.

R U Serious, tho?

Thank you! Yes, I was serious, but I got a hold of a new one. :D Thank you for the kind offer.

Hmmm ...... Pet peeves .......

When I ask my son to turn down the TV and he says, "I'm not the one who turned it on." Of course, he's a foot away from it at the time, but he's too stubborn to do it.

When people ask me if they can borrow a movie from me so they can make a copy. It bugs. And then they give me copied movies as gifts.

Country music, especially "young country" - everything from the sound to the clothing to the silly stage names. I had roommates who listened to it all day and when I heard, "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under", I wanted to scream.

Guys who approach groups of women saying, "Hey, LADIES."

I also hate the word "panties" for some reason. Probably because I've heard guys say it in the same tone as "LADIES".

Visiting teachers who act like part of their purpose is to dig and find something wrong with you for them to fix. I had one like that who probably had good intentions, but I didn't like feeling like I was under a microscope. Just be my friend and stop with the probing questions.

People who won't take no for an answer.

Guilt trips.

Salesman knocking on my door. It makes me feel unsafe because we have burglars around here who pose as legitimate salesmen.

People who don't discipline their kids when they're hurting others.

The fact that I have so many pet peeves. :lol:

Changing the clocks back and forth for the concept of "daylight savings time."

Changing the clocks back and forth for the concept of "daylight savings time."

Franklin was a genius, but this is one where he really missed the ball. A true urbanite, he either didn't recognize the problems cows and chickens have with clocks, or he dismissed the food producers of the world as unimportant.

For those who want to get an earlier start on the day, there is an alternative to daylight "saving" time: get up earlier, do things earlier, go to bed earlier. What was that the Old Indian said: "Only the white man can believe that, by cutting a foot off of one end of his blanket and sewing it onto the other end, he's made the blanket a foot longer."

How we can justify calling four-and-a-half months of the year "standard time", and the other seven-and-a-half the exception (since it's nonstandard) is a puzzle beyond me. Even Roosevelt recognized the futility of that when "War Time" ( daylight "saving" time all year 'round) didn't save any energy (to light factories), but he stodgily kept it up, because to have returned to sanity would have been a loss of stature.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Franklin was a genius, but this is one where he really missed the ball. A true urbanite, he either didn't recognize the problems cows and chickens have with clocks, or he dismissed the food producers of the world as unimportant.

For those who want to get an earlier start on the day, there is an alternative to daylight "saving" time: get up earlier, do things earlier, go to bed earlier. What was that the Old Indian said: "Only the white man can believe that, by cutting a foot off of one end of his blanket and sewing it onto the other end, he's made the blanket a foot longer."

How we can justify calling four-and-a-half months of the year "standard time", and the other seven-and-a-half the exception (since it's nonstandard) is a puzzle beyond me. Even Roosevelt recognized the futility of that when "War Time" ( daylight "saving" time all year 'round) didn't save any energy (to light factories), but he stodgily kept it up, because to have returned to sanity would have been a loss of stature.

Lehi

Beside cows and chickens, my work regularly takes me outdoors in the middle of the night. By late February, one has usually seen the harshest that winter has to offer. Birds have begun to sing, the early flowers have shown signs of promise, and best of all, the sun is returning! The gloom of night recedes with the coming of the birds and the flowers. It truly is a beautiful cycle that God offers to us whereby we see the sun gradually, gradually, and then rapidly returning in late Winter and early Spring. I find the abrupt adjustment backward for the purpose of "daylight savings" to offer only a jolt which has the effect of making it seem like deep December again in the mornings. Admittedly, I could live where the sun never sets. On the other hand it seems to me like the height of human arrogance to presume to improve upon the way God has designed the days, and times, and seasons.

One huge Pet peeve of mine is my parents had my older sister and older brother in 1969 and 1971 and then 7 years later I was born and two years after that my sister was born, so in essence my folks had two families. For YEARS people who knew my parents and know my older siblings were amazed and shocked that they had two other kids. So I can't tell you how many times people were like what? how odl are you? I didn't they had another two kids I thought they only had the two, NOPE!, I exist and so does my sister! It came to a head a few years that I was asked to speak in stake conference and I said this whole thing and publicly announced that my folks since 1980 had FOUR kids, not two, four! I said some other things that I won't bear repeating here!

I laughed outloud about your teenagers, Freedom! :D Been there, done that!

Pet peeve: negative, judgmental people. Such a drain.

Beside cows and chickens, my work regularly takes me outdoors in the middle of the night. By late February, one has usually seen the harshest that winter has to offer. Birds have begun to sing, the early flowers have shown signs of promise, and best of all, the sun is returning! The gloom of night recedes with the coming of the birds and the flowers. It truly is a beautiful cycle that God offers to us whereby we see the sun gradually, gradually, and then rapidly returning in late Winter and early Spring. I find the abrupt adjustment backward for the purpose of "daylight savings" to offer only a jolt which has the effect of making it seem like deep December again in the mornings. Admittedly, I could live where the sun never sets. On the other hand it seems to me like the height of human arrogance to presume to improve upon the way God has designed the days, and times, and seasons.

Here in montana, spring doesn't usually show it's head until April and even then it'll probably be June before you see the last snow. Your February spring sounds wonderful and makes me wish it came a bit sooner to my neck of the woods. :)

One huge Pet peeve of mine is my parents had my older sister and older brother in 1969 and 1971 and then 7 years later I was born and two years after that my sister was born, so in essence my folks had two families. For YEARS people who knew my parents and know my older siblings were amazed and shocked that they had two other kids. So I can't tell you how many times people were like what? how odl are you? I didn't they had another two kids I thought they only had the two, NOPE!, I exist and so does my sister! It came to a head a few years that I was asked to speak in stake conference and I said this whole thing and publicly announced that my folks since 1980 had FOUR kids, not two, four! I said some other things that I won't bear repeating here!

Yuck.

I went back to a ward I was in as a young kid with a lot of my family. An old lady came up and started reminiscing about how me and my brothers used to help with the sacrament back in the day and how she misses it. I was the oldest sibling and I was 11 when we left. Lady, you be crazy.