White clothing while baptizing

The white baptism clothes are a mere Christian custom, but is a memory of lost temple tradition, Catholics incorporated baptism, anointing and endowment into one baptismal ordinance. The Early Christians called the baptismal robe "Adam's coat". Silly modern Christian prejudice over ancient temple rituals they still do, in mutated forms, to this day. They just accept handshakes, wedding veils and chapels in churches (which is an un-synagogal large room inside a building with an alter/table) even though they are all temple traditions, which they claim to reject. Riddle me this Christians: When the Temple of Jerusalem was destroyed, was it a tragedy or good riddance?

Edited by Pyreaux
2 hours ago, Calm said:

I had forgotten that.  Seems strange to take a fake picture though.

Yes, especially if there is no caption disclosing that the photo was staged for the purpose of illustration. I don’t know whether there was a caption accompanying this photo. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
4 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

I don’t know whether there was a caption accompanying this photo. 

Caption is: "There is no better way to start a weekend with a baptism or TWO. These men found Christ and are wonderful Christians. I had promised both brothers a couple of years ago that when they were ready, i would baptize them. It was last Saturday morning. What a joy!" https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=639940894155902

5 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Yes, especially if there is no caption disclosing that the photo was staged for the purpose of illustration. I don’t know whether there was a caption accompanying this photo. 

Nothing indicating it was a recreation...  it isn't a picture of the baptism as you can see, but rather right after apparently, but the lack of white clothing surprised me.

I am sure it is preferred, but I don't think it is doctrine. I have personally been involved in at least one exception to the rule. When I was a missionary in Brazil we baptized a rather large man. So large, in fact, that none of the white jumpsuits at the local stake center would fit him. With our mission president's permission, he was baptized wearing the 'whitest' clothes that he owned which consisted of gray shorts and a tan and white Hawaiian shirt.

Clothing
A person who performs a baptism and a person who is being baptized wear white clothing that is not transparent when wet. An endowed person wears the temple garment under this clothing while performing a baptism. Local units purchase baptismal clothing with budget funds and do not charge for its use. (Church Handbook)

Stake presidents can make exceptions to some policies as necessary. Not sure why the exception in this case was granted.

3 hours ago, Maestrophil said:

Nothing indicating it was a recreation...  it isn't a picture of the baptism as you can see, but rather right after apparently, but the lack of white clothing surprised me.

The lack of white clothing is what makes me think it might have been staged for the purpose of illustration. 

41 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Clothing
A person who performs a baptism and a person who is being baptized wear white clothing that is not transparent when wet. An endowed person wears the temple garment under this clothing while performing a baptism. Local units purchase baptismal clothing with budget funds and do not charge for its use. (Church Handbook)

Stake presidents can make exceptions to some policies as necessary. Not sure why the exception in this case was granted.

As I look closely at the photo, it appears to me the baptismal candidate is indeed wearing white. Maybe it is Brother Beck who had an exception granted. 

2 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

That’s quite an assertion, bordering on libel. And it is not germane to the topic. 

On the conspiracy-theory-quackery scale, he's getting up there with Alex Jones. 

https://www.facebook.com/GlennBeck/videos/this-one-is-not-a-conspiracy-theory/450088079981062/

"This is not a conspiracy theory..." :rofl:

Here are some good ones:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-top-9-glenn-beck-cons_b_3361097

There are tons of "pants on fire" claims from Genn Beck, here is one classic:

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?speaker=glenn-beck

Edited by pogi
4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I would, but on Limited.

I will do it for you if you can give me a no political topic.  Or someone else can if they get To it before me. I just got hit with a wave of sleepiness and need a nap. 

Edited by Calm
8 minutes ago, Calm said:

I will do it for you if you can give me a no political topic.  Or someone else can if they get To it before me. I just got hit with a wave of sleepiness and need a nap. 

Anyone is welcome to start the topic, I guess it would be a fun and hopefully not political topic. Thanks for your offer but you need to nap whenever the urge to is! 

Is one of them Beck though?  Is it possible it’s a photo of the two men that were baptised, one having just been baptised and in white or light coloured clothing and the other has been baptised and changed into non baptismal clothing and has excitedly gone and embraced his fellow saint?  The caption could be read to say it’s the two men he baptised that are shown in the photo and not Beck with one of the men.

20 minutes ago, sheilauk said:

Is one of them Beck though?  Is it possible it’s a photo of the two men that were baptised, one having just been baptised and in white or light coloured clothing and the other has been baptised and changed into non baptismal clothing and has excitedly gone and embraced his fellow saint?  The caption could be read to say it’s the two men he baptised that are shown in the photo and not Beck with one of the men.

I'm pretty sure that is Beck in the blue shirt.  Same build and exceedingly white hair.