Free kittens redlands area

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I have to get rid of 5 kittens. They are approximately 10 weeks old. I should have tried to get rid of them sooner.

Animal control is your best bet. If they won't take them ask if they have anyone who could foster them.  Horse stables will sometimes take younger kittens in hopes of keeping the mice and rat population down. 

Edited by AtlanticMike

Why don't you just have the momma cat spayed... then you don't have to worry about future kittens...GG

14 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

Why don't you just have the momma cat spayed... then you don't have to worry about future kittens...GG

They are not really ours. We let some homeless people live on the farm and they had 2 momma cats. I cant afford 300 each to fix their cats. They are moving on and taking the 2 moms and one kitten. We need to find homes for 5 kittens. 

Posted (edited)

Check this out for possible free or low cost spaying.

https://www.foundanimals.org/spayneuter-affects-homeless-pets/

So why do some pet owners “fix” their pets and others do not? At Michelson Found Animals, we have identified two main issues that prevent pet owners in our area from spaying or neutering their pets: cost and access. The city of Los Angeles is home to just under 4 million people and, like any big city, a significant portion of our population lives below the poverty line. For people struggling to provide themselves with the basics of existence, paying for spay or neuter surgery for their pet is unfeasible.

Found Animals firmly believes that everyone, no matter what their income level, deserves the companionship of a loving pet. That’s why, as the largest supporter of low-cost and free spay and neuter services in Los Angeles, Found Animals has subsidized more than 278,000 surgeries in the last five years through its support of Spay4LA, SNPLA, FixNation and Stray Cat Alliance programs. A very important aspect of these programs is that they specifically target underserved communities to provide surgeries to those who could not otherwise afford them.

Found Animals offers another important tool in our fight to eliminate unwanted litters and ultimately reduce the rates of euthanasia in local shelters: a Spay / Neuter clinic locator. Now pet owners can go online, enter their zip code and find low-cost or free spay and neuter locations in their area. Most providers are within 15 miles of residents, making it easier than ever for pet owners to access these services.

Edited by Calm
On 5/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, rodheadlee said:

I have to get rid of 5 kittens. They are approximately 10 weeks old. I should have tried to get rid of them sooner.

I shan't tell my wife. She loves kittens, and wants to increase our cat count by one more. Of course, there's some distance involved and that, but it might inspire her to get one from somewhere else!

4 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I shan't tell my wife. She loves kittens, and wants to increase our cat count by one more. Of course, there's some distance involved and that, but it might inspire her to get one from somewhere else!

The local shelter probably has too many little kitties just waiting for good homes... My wonderful cats have all been from the shelter... First, Charlie, who I had for 10 years... then 2nd, Bob, who I also had for almost 10 years... and now, Susie, a beautiful, smart, loving companion I've had for about 6 months...

GG

6 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

The local shelter probably has too many little kitties just waiting for good homes... My wonderful cats have all been from the shelter... First, Charlie, who I had for 10 years... then 2nd, Bob, who I also had for almost 10 years... and now, Susie, a beautiful, smart, loving companion I've had for about 6 months...

GG

And I hope you and your kitty are doing well in these strange, pandemic-ridden times. :D :friends:

All the best,

-Ken

Rod,

I was going to ask if, maybe, the twins had been naughty. ;) :D

All the best,

-Ken

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 6:52 AM, Garden Girl said:

GG

My wife is a genuine cat lady. She had 4 cats at the time I met her (online), and they were all "rescues", so to speak -- actually strays that got taken in. By the time we got married she only had 2 left, as all of them had been quite elderly (17-20 years). After the last one passed, she said she wouldn't get any more cats, but within two months we had a young female who was pregnant. This one came from a family in the ward who had to give her up due to moving to a place that didn't allow pets. So we were shortly going to have our cat count up by a few, at least, but the kittens were all stillborn. A couple of weeks later the wife located a couple of new kittens who were ready to be adopted, and so they came on board. Our now bereft momma cat took them on as her own! One of the kittens managed to get run over, unfortunately, so we now only have 2.

Here's momma Caramel:

Caramel_portrait_detail_small.png

Edited by Stargazer
29 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

My wife is a genuine cat lady. She had 4 cats at the time I met her (online), and they were all "rescues", so to speak -- actually strays that got taken in. By the time we got married she only had 2 left, as all of them had been quite elderly (17-20 years). After the last one passed, she said she wouldn't get any more cats, but within two months we had a young female who was pregnant. This one came from a family in the ward who had to give her up due to moving to a place that didn't allow pets. So we were shortly going to have our cat count up by a few, at least, but the kittens were all stillborn. A couple of weeks later the wife located a couple of new kittens who were ready to be adopted, and so they came on board. Our now bereft momma cat took them on as her own! One of the kittens managed to get run over, unfortunately, so we now only have 2.

Here's momma Caramel:

Caramel_portrait_detail_small.png

Women are serious when it comes to their cats

Screenshot_20210526-164958~2.png

On 5/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, AtlanticMike said:

Women are serious when it comes to their cats

My sister cares for about 20 strays. She's a bit of a loner.

I grew up in a rural area and people were forever abandoning cats on our dirt road. It wasn't unusual for us to have 20-30 around the property. Food was about what we could afford so we had to put some down every year, usually due to dysentery or leukemia. A few could have been rabies.

We had a pregnant stray show up at our last house. Twice, she got out while weaning and came back pregnant, 15 min later. We had 17 to adopt out. A guy w/ a pawn shop let me setup/take-down a cage every day. We found homes for all but two in a few weeks.

We still have those two. They're about 13 now.  I think that's all my cat stories.

I once placed a stray puppy that a girlfriend had. I posted a note in the local grocery store that went something like

If you don't adopt this puppy we're sending him to the pound where he'll be DEAD DEAD DEAD and it'll be YOUR FAULT.

Some woman called my GF in absolute hysterics. She adopted the puppy.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:06 AM, Kenngo1969 said:

And I hope you and your kitty are doing well in these strange, pandemic-ridden times. :D :friends:

All the best,

-Ken

Susie-girl and I have been blessed and are doing quite well...  the best to you...  GG

1 more gone, 4 to go. I know I can't count kittens. One that was supposed to stay went. So i don't know if it's 3 or 4 to go. The owners are supposed to take them all tomorrow. I hope so I haven't been home in more than a month. 

On 5/30/2021 at 1:03 AM, Chum said:

My sister cares for about 20 strays. She's a bit of a loner.

I grew up in a rural area and people were forever abandoning cats on our dirt road. It wasn't unusual for us to have 20-30 around the property. Food was about what we could afford so we had to put some down every year, usually due to dysentery or leukemia. A few could have been rabies.

We had a pregnant stray show up at our last house. Twice, she got out while weaning and came back pregnant, 15 min later. We had 17 to adopt out. A guy w/ a pawn shop let me setup/take-down a cage every day. We found homes for all but two in a few weeks.

We still have those two. They're about 13 now.  I think that's all my cat stories.

I once placed a stray puppy that a girlfriend had. I posted a note in the local grocery store that went something like

If you don't adopt this puppy we're sending him to the pound where he'll be DEAD DEAD DEAD and it'll be YOUR FAULT.

Some woman called my GF in absolute hysterics. She adopted the puppy.

Love it!!!

Posted (edited)

3 to go.

I really need some prayers to get rid of these last 3 by Tuesday or they go to the pound. Then the losers are supposed to pick up the 2 moms today but are no shows.

I put a really big sign out front. 

Edited by rodheadlee
On 6/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, rodheadlee said:

I really need some prayers to get rid of these last 3 by Tuesday or they go to the pound. Then the losers are supposed to pick up the 2 moms today but are no shows.

These 2 moms need to be spayed ASAP... there are some clinics that offer low-cost spaying... their poor little bodies must be worn out.  And the shelters/pounds are over-run with unwanted litters/kitties... breaks my heart... 

GG

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

one left.

You're a good man Rod, it's not easy finding homes for cats. Two weeks ago when you started this I actually spent about an hour while on a roof working, making a few calls to local non kill animal shelters/sanctuaries in Redlands, San Bernardino and Yucaipa to see if I could help you find somewhere to take them. But out of 8 or 9 phone calls only one person picked up and I offered her $150 to find good homes for them and she said no, they had no room. No one called me back either. So good job bro!! 

I got rid of the last kitten and the 2 moms. I took them to the previous owner. On the way out this morning a new 5 month old showed up on the porch. Arrrgh! I hope someone didn't dump it here. 

Am I the only one who thinks that cats always look surprised when someone takes their picture: "[Gasp!]  You took my picture!"? ;) :D

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that cats always look surprised when someone takes their picture: "[Gasp!]  You took my picture!"? ;) :D

Either that or extremely smug.

15 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Always, loved this video! She must train them for hours, several other videos to follow.