Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

First book is out…guess the author will write a part 2 for all the stuff that comes out later at trial or any more dropped tidbits like we have been getting every couple of months, it seems  

Pretty good overview of the basic murders story in the article, though it leaves out many of the secondary characters and most of the investigation that add to the unique craziness of this saga.  Also nothing new unless not mentioned in article, but I would think if of import, it would be definitely added for promotion. Those really into the case will probably wait for something of more substance.  This feels like wanting to cash in on being first. 

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4488717/doomsday-cult-lori-vallow-husband-possesed-evil-spirit-murder/

I had gone looking when I came across this for a report on the hearing for her competency yesterday, but it was sealed and no info except another hearing scheduled. 

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Good, besides the cost, I really want to see them in the court together. Hopefully she will be competent by then, if not already. I wonder if there is a specified time required between restoring competency and a trial…my guess is she is probably more hindrance for getting stuff done than help though. 

Edited by Calm
  • 3 weeks later...

I just saw that.  Can’t believe it actually makes me feel good…I mean incompetence keeps her from harming others.  I am definitely invested in this.  I want to see it in court in all the detail for everyone to hear.  Won’t answer the question of how they could do it, but still it seems very meaningful that it happens.  And I really want them in court together.

Edited by Calm
8 minutes ago, Calm said:

I just saw that.  Can’t believe it actually makes me feel good…I mean incompetence keeps her from harming others.  I am definitely invested in this.  I want to see it in court in all the detail for everyone to hear.  Won’t answer the question of how they could do it, but still it seems very meaningful that it happens.  And I really want them in court together.

I think she should have to answer for the things that she has done, and not sit in a room somewhere with no pushback against her horribleness.  And yes, Chad should have to sit there with her so that he can't shrink from everyone seeing his support of that woman.

Are they really going to bring her to Fremont County I wonder? That would put her and Chad in the same location. I would think she is going back to Madison County. Not that that is really important. It's just interesting to me personally. 😃

I'm really glad this whole competency thing has been resolved and hope it stays resolved.

Edited by mtomm
9 minutes ago, mtomm said:

Are they really going to bring her to Fremont County I wonder? That would put her and Chad in the same location. I would think she is going back to Madison County. Not that that is really important. It's just interesting to me personally. 😃

I'm really glad this whole competency thing has been resolved and hope it stays resolves. 

Cal's link says that she is being transferred to the custody of the Fremont Co. Sheriff, so that sounds like Fremont Co is her final destination for now.

2 hours ago, bluebell said:

It would be difficult for the court to find that believing in angels or holy messengers or divine communication in and of itself automatically means that a person is insane.  That would set a really dangerous precedent.

Especially in a venue where the court finds it valid for people to swear to God that they are telling the truth.

Ha! Good point! 

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/04/she-is-going-to-have-to-look-at-us-grandparents-preparing-to-face-lori-vallow-daybell-as-she-is-now-fit-for-trial/

Since Lori and Chad were arrested two years ago, the Woodcocks have patiently waited “for the dominoes to fall.” Although the COVID-19 pandemic and other factors caused delays in court proceedings, the couple says it’s been a blessing in disguise.

“I think it’s given us time to prepare emotionally for a lot of horrific things we’re going to learn,” Kay says. “We’re being given time to prepare. I’m better than I was, (Larry’s) better than he was. It’s a daily struggle still, but it’s OK.”

Once Daybell is arraigned, prosecutors have 60 days to declare if they will pursue the death penalty against her. They are pursuing the death penalty against Chad Daybell, and the Woodcocks say they don’t care what punishment the duo receives as long as they are never free again.

“We’re going to be here. We are not giving up. I will never give up until I close my casket and then if I find her or him (Lori or Chad) after that, then I’ll do what I have to do to them,” Larry says. 

Kay adds, “I want her to feel us breathing down her neck.”

Had to post this link just for the bolded lines.  Pot calling kettle and all.  This reporter is good (been following him for this case), he has to know what she is like, yet so wants a quote from an ‘insider’ he succumbed to the temptation, lol

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/lori-vallow-fit-to-stand-trial-in-kids-slayings-judge-says

We have previously covered religious beliefs espoused by Daybell, in an April 2020 article. On Oct. 30, 2018, Daybell sent an e-mail to Vallow, which reads "Here are the family history documents you requested." The attachments include a rubric, explaining how there are "light" and "dark" spirits", showing levels of estates. Another attachment lists Vallow's family tree, which includes her parents, siblings, past husbands, and her kids.

Daybell's former friend, Julie Rowe, said Daybell is off base.

"You cannot just go and test and say, 'OK, this person is a 4.1 dark," said Rowe.

From the original that is linked in the above, so he’s not hiding anything.

The thing is when you have some of these gifts, it gets real tricky because you’re not living in one dimension, you’re living in multiple dimensions, and Chad's had two near-death experiences, so his veil is kind of open, but not completely," said author Julie Rowe, who is Chad's former friend.

Rowe says Chad, a doomsday author himself, never brought up this 'system' when he published her books, but by 2018, she says he changed and claimed he could see the light and dark in people. Chad's ideas eventually reached Lori.

Another attachment lists Lori's family tree, which includes her parents, siblings, past husbands, and her kids.

In the attachment, Tylee was labeled as a 4.1 dark spirit, while Tylee's father, Joseph Ryan, was listed as dark and "sealed away."…

Chad's former friend says he's off base.

"You cannot just go and test and say, 'OK, this person is a 4.1 dark," said Rowe.

Yeah, Rowe is the reasonable one, lol….with the wide open veil, no doubt.

Edited by Calm
9 hours ago, Calm said:

Had to post this link just for the bolded lines.  Pot calling kettle and all.  This reporter is good (been following him for this case), he has to know what she is like, yet so wants a quote from an ‘insider’ he succumbed to the temptation, lol

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/lori-vallow-fit-to-stand-trial-in-kids-slayings-judge-says

From the original that is linked in the above, so he’s not hiding anything.

Yeah, Rowe is the reasonable one, lol….with the wide open veil, no doubt.

So do these documents show that it was Chad who told Lori her kids were evil?

1 hour ago, bluebell said:

So do these documents show that it was Chad who told Lori her kids were evil?

The “family history” (sick that he has twisted it so) is the first we are aware of it showing up, I believe.

I suspect she complained about them and he fed her what he thought she would want to hear…and apparently she did want to hear it given how far she went down that hole, taking it to her kids were zombies.  Whether he was thinking towards the future, hoping to cut her ties with them so he could have her without them as baggage…I don’t think he thought it through that far ahead.

According to a stepson, even before she got into this stuff, she would take off all day when she was supposed to be caring for him and his brother as well as her own children.  Add how she used her kids as a way to hurt her exhusband and manipulate the court in the custody cases she was involved in, my guess is her kids were accessories to her and Chad saw that disconnect and meant to strengthen it to provide himself more opportunities to be with her without them.

I suspect Vallow’s lawyer will spend time making sure Daybell is seen as the instigator of “the kids are possessed”, so they can claim the final step of requiring their deaths was his too, even if Alex Cox was the one who most likely killed them.

Edited by Calm