Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

The State is asking for Mark Means to be sanctioned. He files stuff with no reference to the senior attorney and does not appear to be that competent for criminal cases, so I have been wondering when he was going to be dismissed given the State is paying him and she has another lawyer.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=466846301472865&id=100044424966565&m_entstream_source=timeline

Edited by Calm

Well, this is a bit disappointing as the trial is now set for Jan 2023, will have to wait to get full story, I guess.  10 weeks for jury selection and trial.

Reconvening grand jury too.

Edited by Calm

Mark Means has filed yet another motion, one small part of it suggests he doesn’t get along with his co-counsel that well. 

"5. Furthermore, this is an attempt to continue to drive a wedge between Co-counsels in the defense of Lori. This Court, sua sponte, appointed Mr. Archibald as a death penalty counsel in a case of which no death penalty notice has ever been filed in this matter. The Court appointed Mr. Archibald as “co-counsel” and it is self-evident that there are competing theories of defense and avenues of advocacy or Lori as illustrated in this matter. This conflict is a direct assault on Lori’s right to counsel of her choice and an unnecessary interference to her rights to a unified defense imposed solely by this Court. "

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211624/120221Response and Objection to Motion for Contempt.pdf

Is it common for attorneys to refer to their clients by their first name in legal documents. 

Edited by Calm

Is the kids autopsy complete.  If it is I am sure the prosecuting and defense attorneys as well as judges will have all the information they need ahead of the trial which will last as long as Methesulah.  I guess Chad was Methusaleh in a past life.  Lori was his wife.  Male cattle manure of course on both of those claims.

if autopsy is complete can they go ahead with there memorial services and give them a  proper burial? Had candlelight vigils, three memorial services are planned.  Won’t be able to have a viewing of course. When will they have the funerals?

49 minutes ago, grapevine said:

Is the kids autopsy complete.

I know the autopsy reports were released for Charles Vallow and Alex Cox and the autopsy report is finished, but not released for Tammy Daybell.  Unless my brain is really malfunctioning today, which is quite possible, the results for the kids haven’t been finished yet or at least announced. Their bodies were found last and Tylee’s at least would be quite complicated, I am guessing.  Plus there seems to be a definite plan on how they are releasing info, my guess is they are trying to keep pressure growing in hopes of someone breaking or at least coming forward with the ‘smoking gun’.  But stuff just may be backlogged as it is clear Covid slowed down quite a lot.  The grand jury transcript took forever to get transcribed (Prior kept asking for it, iirc).

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

😢

It seems like it is much longer and much shorter. Time is so inconsistent. 

It is a shame that justice (as in the legal system, not the eternal attribute) takes so long and therefore likely extends the grieving time to unnatural lengths. It must be unbearable at times for those who loved them dearly.  

I keep thinking of Colby, brother and son, husband and new father two years ago…what a messed up life for him and his.  Hard for the grandparents and extended family, but Colby is the only remaining child of LVD and has no living father ever really involved in his life  (his bio dad is still alive, but as far as I am aware no contact since Joseph Ryan adopted him) or immediate family left to stand with him.

Not sure how comforting support if it is there would be from any Coxes save Adam and his family. Hopefully Colby has a good relationship with them.  One of Adam’s son is no more than a couple of years younger, iirc, and had been staying with Charles and LVD before LVD stole Charles’ stuff when he was out of town and took off. 

Colby’s childhood is being dissected everywhere, which isn’t happening to anyone else I am aware of (the Daybell kids were never involved in a lawsuit or divorce and Tammy seems like she was a very stable and decent anchor in their lives and they appear to be close to each other).

I really, really hope anyone making money off of Colby is paying for the privilege, but I doubt it. 

Edited by Calm
5 hours ago, Tacenda said:

It's a patriarchal blessing found in a truck that Chad pronounced on Al. 

Since Daybell was not called to that position, technically it isn’t a patriarchal blessing, it is just something he came up with that anyone could have done, including women since imo his priesthood office was null and void at that point. 

Iirc he gave it long distance as well, though I may be confusing it with another ‘blessing’.  There was nothing that made it a patriarchal blessing except it was labeled that. 

I cringe calling anything Daybell does a “blessing” as from everything I read about his so-called blessings, they were just another opportunity for him to manipulate someone. 

Edited by Calm

Had to happen sooner or later. Just feel bad for Idaho tax payers having to pay for what must have been endless hours of wasted motions prep time. 

You get alerts?  This apparently just on the quickie news stuff like Facebook as Google hadn’t noticed yet a few minutes ago. 

Edited by Calm
23 minutes ago, Calm said:

Had to happen sooner or later. Just feel bad for Idaho tax payers having to pay for what must have been endless hours of wasted motions prep time. 

You get alerts?  This apparently just on the quickie news stuff like Facebook as Google hadn’t noticed yet a few minutes ago. 

I follow Justin Lum on twitter.

So not just conflict of interest, but incompetency in that he turned himself into a witness with his declarations and may have violated attorney-client privilege by sharing details he shouldn’t have if I understand correctly. I wonder if he is going to get in trouble with the Bar given this is a judge saying so, not just the prosecutor. 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=485580772932751&id=100044424966565&set=p.485580772932751&source=47

Edited by Calm

This just came in today I haven't watched all of it, but below is the intro:

ALEX COX Former Fiancé Speaks Candidly! PREMIER! Lori Vallow Daybell! (2022) Join us on Jan 9, 2022, at 5:00 PM Pacific for a conversation with Alex Cox's former fiance. She was kind enough to speak to Left Undone Incomplete Investigations about her story and relationship with Alex Cox, Lori Vallow, and the entire Cox Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aSKqtChBbk

1 minute ago, Calm said:

You beat Websleuths today. :)  

It's okay, it's winding up now. Thanks Calm, haha. I picked it up on youtube. While my husband watches one football game after another, and basketball games and golf too, I watch youtube. :)

Looks like there is a new book out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10390639/Chad-Daybell-unwittingly-caused-Lori-Vallows-downfall-text-message-book-reveals.html

I am pretty sure this was mentioned in Daybell’s hearing, so if that was the best they got (why lead with a nonzinger?), not thinking the book is worth much.

Raccoons are nocturnal, Detective Ron Ball of Rexburg Police Department in Idaho reasoned — but the text had been sent at 11.35 am, writes author John Glatt in his book The Doomsday Mother.

This is going to take years before there is any real conclusion imo. I predict a couple of library shelves worth of books by the end of it. 

If not in the hearing, it was in the affidavit and has been discussed quite a bit in online forums, so this book might be useful for someone not paying close attention is my estimation so far. 

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Affidavit Ron Ball 2.pdf

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...

Another 20/20 show with Adam, Lori Vallow's brother, is airing right now, MST. Hope it's not the same old, same old. ETA: As I'm watching, I have a suspicion that Adam and maybe Lori's mother are trying to make a case that Lori is insane and that's why Adam is doing the interview. Not sure if being insane makes a big difference in sentencing.

Edited by Tacenda
1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

Another 20/20 show with Adam, Lori Vallow's brother, is airing right now, MST. Hope it's not the same old, same old. ETA: As I'm watching, I have a suspicion that Adam and maybe Lori's mother are trying to make a case that Lori is insane and that's why Adam is doing the interview. Not sure if being insane makes a big difference in sentencing.

There is no insanity defense in Idaho. You are hospitalized or confined until judged competent and then tried. So if judged insane, she stays in the hospital until judged sane and then she is back to her previous spot in life where her incompetency caused the wheels of justice to freeze.