Jump to content

Testimony


Cardinal

Recommended Posts

I guess my bishop gave a talk a few months ago about what’s appropriate when bearing our testimony during sacrament meeting/fast Sunday. I missed it. I’m a convert so I don’t have much experience. Can someone tell me a few dos and dont’s about bearing my testimony during fasting Sunday. 

Also in a few weeks I am being called to Relief Society. I have to share my testimony in RS. I don’t know what to share or what’s appropriate. Any ideas? 

I’m excited about my calling but freaked out about the testimony. Help! 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Cardinal said:

I guess my bishop gave a talk a few months ago about what’s appropriate when bearing our testimony during sacrament meeting/fast Sunday. I missed it. I’m a convert so I don’t have much experience. Can someone tell me a few dos and dont’s about bearing my testimony during fasting Sunday. 

Also in a few weeks I am being called to Relief Society. I have to share my testimony in RS. I don’t know what to share or what’s appropriate. Any ideas? 

I’m excited about my calling but freaked out about the testimony. Help! 

Be at peace. A testimony is a gift of the Spirit; it is a reflection of your individual love of the Savior, your relationship with him, and your understanding of his role as your Lord, Savior, Master, and King. 

Testimony meetings are public events where individuals have the ability to speak to the ward and say almost anything. Unfortunately, this time can be misspent. We can hear about vacations and other travel logs, about daily problems - rather than testimony it may just people talking about their lives, problems, thoughts, etc. Fundamentally, a testimony is centered on Christ. A testimony can be one sentence and be quite powerful; it can also be longer - the length of the testimony is not the issue or the objective.

Focus on Christ and let the Spirit guide you. You will be fine.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Cardinal said:

I guess my bishop gave a talk a few months ago about what’s appropriate when bearing our testimony during sacrament meeting/fast Sunday. I missed it. I’m a convert so I don’t have much experience. Can someone tell me a few dos and dont’s about bearing my testimony during fasting Sunday. 

Also in a few weeks I am being called to Relief Society. I have to share my testimony in RS. I don’t know what to share or what’s appropriate. Any ideas? 

I’m excited about my calling but freaked out about the testimony. Help! 

You will be a breath of fresh air, I always enjoyed new converts testimonies. Just say what is in your heart and be sure to introduce yourself too. :)

Link to comment

It isn't a travelogue or a sermon or a grateful journal, it is about the knowledge you have that God is behind various principles and sometimes how you got that knowledge.   And the main thing to remember is that aside from God as conveyed by the Spirit, only the bishop and the Relief Society President (for RS) have authority to teach you about appropriateness at church.   So ignore everyone else's feedback or suggestions of how to do it righter or better or more like __________..

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

 

Focus on Christ and let the Spirit guide you. You will be fine.

And you end a testimony or a talk with... In the name of Jesus Christ... Amen

GG

 

17 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

 

 

Link to comment
On 9/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, Tacenda said:

You will be a breath of fresh air, I always enjoyed new converts testimonies. Just say what is in your heart and be sure to introduce yourself too. :)

Ah'd rep ya fer this, if'n ah could! ;):D

Link to comment

I just wanted to mention something I always thought important but seems to be so quickly said it can't be heard.

Its pretty loud and clear by children and the youth, however, by every last one of the adults, the most important part, near the end, everyone should be able to hear clearly, in the name of Jesus Christ.  Not muffled or quickly mumbled with a I guess its Amen, can't tell half the time and they're already heading away from the dais / podium.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...