boblloyd91

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/innovation/blood-moon/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Apparently big things have happened in Israel or with the Jewish people whenever this has happened. Normally I don't put much stock in end times speculation but I am interested to see if this pattern continues

Note that lunar eclipses occur only on full moons, and that the Jewish calendar is based on the moon (passover is the first full moon after the spring equinox, for instance).

Also, the six-day war in 1967 was in June, whereas the lunar eclipses were in April and October.  I can't see anything to it other than chance and typical re-evaluating event misses as hits.

Note that lunar eclipses occur only on full moons, and that the Jewish calendar is based on the moon (passover is the first full moon after the spring equinox, for instance).

Also, the six-day war in 1967 was in June, whereas the lunar eclipses were in April and October.  I can't see anything to it other than chance and typical re-evaluating event misses as hits.

It hasn't been speculated that the events happened on the days of the 4 blood moons, just that major events have happened around the general time of the 4 blood moons.

It hasn't been speculated that the events happened on the days of the 4 blood moons, just that major events have happened around the general time of the 4 blood moons.

Given a wide enough "around the time of" then anything could qualify.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Anijen
      While General Conference Starts tomorrow, I am looking forward to some great spiritual talks. I am one who just wants the Savior to return soon. Today would be alright with me, although I have a ways to go as far as improvement. I just read about fish are now living, and apparently surviving in the Dead Sea (see here).  Another sign to mark off done.
      Hurrah for Israel! 
    • By Bernard Gui
      Jesus told the Nephites
      Do you think this day has come or is there more to be done? Are the Gentiles rejecting the fullness of the gospel? If so, how and when will the fullness of the gospel be brought to the house of Israel?
    • By nuclearfuels
      Pretty sure this means something just not sure what.
      Signs of the last days or signs of the last of the last days?
      My friends, please - teach, impart, expound, exhort. 
      I'm not looking for a statement from Church HQ - just curious to hear from the Jewish historians and experts as to their opinion.
      Last time this happened in 1866:
      The US Civil War ended
      German and Russian leaders were assassinated
      TNT was invented.
      Few sources:
      “The Talmud states that Israel is judged by our actions, by our commitment to Hashem (God), and not by astrological signs,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “In fact, the Talmud states that a lunar eclipse is a bad sign for those who hate Israel.”
      “People who cannot accept that God is behind nature are the haters of Israel, since our presence in the world bears witness to the fact there is a creator,” he continued. “God used nature to bring the plagues on to Egypt. But even when the plagues transcended anything that was ever witnessed before, Pharaoh refused to accept God as being behind them. We are seeing this today, with hurricanes and earthquakes occurring in unprecedented manners.”
      https://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/blue-blood-moon-has-prophetic-significance-say-religious-leaders.html

One of the biggest dates on the near horizon is the actual 70th anniversary of the nation of Israel, which is only mere months away.  Considering the transition from 2017 to 2018, it occurs to me that '7' is the number of spiritual perfection and completion, but '8' is the number of resurrection and new beginnings.  Let's not forget that all of the incredible "coincidences" last year were God-orchestrated and were reminders that the present age's clock is ticking.  We will still be in the biblical year that witnessed the Revelation 12 Sign (Eclipse last summer)  until March or April 2018 and on the Jewish civil calendar (and possibly Jubilee calendar) we are in the same year until next Fall.

At the same time, radical change is unfolding in the Middle East, culminating with Fatah and Hamas reconciliation, the collapse of the ISIS caliphate, the world's vote to divide Jerusalem, Trump's Jerusalem decision in response, the Saudi Arabian regime change, revolution in Iran, and dominoes now starting to fall: after Trump's embassy announcement Guatemala quickly followed suit and rumor is building that some 10 other nations, including Honduras, are considering making the same move.  This may very well be the build up towards Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount in 2018 and what shortly follows next - the Third Temple.
      http://www.unsealed.org/2017/12/2018-new-chapter-begins.html
      I hope you were able to catch the supermoon this weekend... the brightness was amazing. At our home it was casting shadows in the yard. Apparently supermoons are so bright because they are 30,000 miles closer than at other times...which makes them 30% brighter. You probably also know that this celestial event was 70 days after the Revelation 12 Sign concluded. What I just found out this morning is that this is just part one of a "supermoon trilogy". Coming up next month there is another supermoon happening. January 1st of 2018.... exactly 100 days after the Revelation 12 Sign. It's almost as though God is putting an exclamation mark the first day of the year for some reason. Then, before the 1st month is even over in 2018 yet a third supermoon is happening!  This is a blue-moon.... or as the article below calls it, a super-blue-moon and a "Royal Spectacle".  On top of that, it is a lunar eclipse (aka, a blood moon)!
      https://rev12daily.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-supermoon-trilogy.html
      "Prophecisor" Pastor Paul Begley has once again taken to YouTube to warn of the prophetic significance of the rare super blue blood moon, which he noted falls on a Jewish festival holiday - the Festival of Trees.

• By Bill “Papa” Lee
      Tonight, and especially tomorrow night is supposed to be one of the greatest mediator showers ever in our lifetime. Then of course a total eclipse of the sun, (on the 21st) from the great Northwest to my neighborhood here in Georgia. 
      Such wonders, have always brought to mind the many revelations or foretelling of the last days and the second coming of Jesus Christ. In times past many such events have only been seen or known to the geographical area where they occurred. As such before, it would cause fear, to both the believing and the non-believing. In today's age, where every event can be seen as it is happening, such events are considered common, or rather have caused them to seem commonplace. 
      In our age, and especially our belief in living Prophets and Apostles, we think there is no need to worry. We believe that we might get a "heads up", but in reality we have been by both modern and ancient Prophets. 
      When should we take such events seriously, and look to the heavens for the signs of the "coming of the Son of Man? I don't mean to go "quote mining" as so many have done, doing so to write books that scare people, and then building businesses that play on these fears. Something that one member turned into a million dollar  enterprise. As believers, we are certainly expected to "watch and be ready", as the scriptures tell us too. 
      Anyway, are the events this weekend and next week a "sign", or because of technology and the 24 hour news cycle, something to just ignore, and view as commonplace? 
    • By Bernard Gui
      OK, I admit I have never considered the red heifer.
      What do we Mormons think of this? I don't remember hearing it discussed.
      Fos a more thorough discussion, see this if it interests you.
      https://www.templeinstitute.org/red_heifer/red_heifer_contents.htm