Seriously No Politics ×

Tim Ballard

Calm

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

I am not denying that human trafficking is a HUGE problem. I am not sure why you think this is some kind of vindication of Ballard or this movie. It is a red herring.

The movie portrayed human trafficking in an inaccurate way. By misrepresenting the problem Ballard can show that he is the solution. He wants us to think that what we need are a bunch of Rambo-style badasses out of an action movie and he is ready to play that role. The movie indirectly aids human trafficking by pointing people who see it to the wrong problem and the wrong solution.

There are organizations out there that understand the problem, come up with ways to mitigate it, and do good work to help people avoid it and escape it. Then there is Tim Ballard. All the reputable organizations question his methods and see them as counterproductive. He is all style and no substance. He is trying for dramatic moments and video shoots publicity while doing little good and actively doing harm. Money that could go to competent people fighting the problem instead goes to fund Ballard’s showmanship.

Tim Ballard is the equivalent of someone seeing that Prohibition has some negative impacts and decides to mitigate them by becoming Al Capone and profiting off of it.

Not to disagree with any point, but could the film's value be the public awareness of the problem, if not the solution. George Floyd was probably not a good guy and might have O.D.ed (The Fall of Minneapolis), it started a national discussion, some might say we needed to have, even if they chose a poor example to be a hero of an issue.

4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

It is painful to see how people see it as a true story, where if people knew the facts, it's just a movie that seems to prop up Tim as a hero. But there are so many more heroes that didn't take it to this extreme to prop themselves up or get money from the sales.

Which is why I have no plans watching it. Well put, Tacenda

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

All the reputable organizations question his methods and see them as counterproductive

Also it is not just the waste of money which is bad enough, but that the traffickers may even be bringing in new victims to the system in order to meet the requirements of the so called heros, like younger victims. 

1 hour ago, Pyreaux said:

Not to disagree with any point, but could the film's value be the public awareness of the problem, if not the solution.

I don’t think it is helpful. Based on online reactions those who watched the movie and believed the message basically cheered on the idea that paramilitary action was the key to stopping the problem. Just throw enough “good guys with guns” at the problem and we can solve it. Try to talk about mitigating poverty, trying to provide resources to assist children and the their parents, and the like as solutions and I am guessing they wouldn’t be enthusiastic.

4 hours ago, The Nehor said:

There are organizations out there that understand the problem, come up with ways to mitigate it, and do good work to help people avoid it and escape it.

The southern border is hemorrhaging like you would not believe. Untold thousands of minors being brought in by people who are NOT related to them. Too many that are unaccompanied and forced to walk to a certain address. I recently saw a video of a small kid being picked up by good samaritans. He was crying and dusty (because he was abandoned?).

Now the border patrol are coerced to bring in invaders, removing barb wires, nullifying the "stay in Mexico" policy (put in place by the previous administration), interfering with state officers of Texas and Arizona in their attempts to stem the flow, and on and on. Now the "blue" states (read sanctuary jurisdictions) are pleading for a stop to the deluge.

Please explain which of the organizations are stanching the abominations? Who are they? How are they doing it?

4 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Tim Ballard is the equivalent of someone seeing that Prohibition has some negative impacts and decides to mitigate them by becoming Al Capone and profiting off of it.

This is puerile and baseless slander. Its what you do too frequently. Vile character assassinations.

8 hours ago, longview said:

The southern border is hemorrhaging like you would not believe. Untold thousands of minors being brought in by people who are NOT related to them. Too many that are unaccompanied and forced to walk to a certain address. I recently saw a video of a small kid being picked up by good samaritans. He was crying and dusty (because he was abandoned?).

Now the border patrol are coerced to bring in invaders, removing barb wires, nullifying the "stay in Mexico" policy (put in place by the previous administration), interfering with state officers of Texas and Arizona in their attempts to stem the flow, and on and on. Now the "blue" states (read sanctuary jurisdictions) are pleading for a stop to the deluge.

Please explain which of the organizations are stanching the abominations? Who are they? How are they doing it?

This is puerile and baseless slander. Its what you do too frequently. Vile character assassinations.

Have you seen the testimony of the women Tim abused or allegedly abused? Do they matter? Him having them act as if they were his wives? Going so far as grinding on them and going just as far as he could before the actual thing. And him asking them to get a Brazilian wax. Which is shaving them to look prepubescence. Why would he have them do that? Doesn't that cause a red flag. Also, him taking his son who returned from a mission to a strip club in SLC supposedly to prepare his son for trip to rescue children. And his son sitting there at the bar watching the women? Is that okay? This was in a witness statement. 

Edited by Tacenda
1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

Have you seen the testimony of the women Tim abused or allegedly abused?

This is why due process is SO important. The powers that be want to erase any threat to their priviledges. There are so many disturbing elements concerning Jeffery Epstein and his "pedophile island" and his "supposed suicide" while in jail. All carefully kept obscured and any investigations soft-pedalled. Consider for example the long series of vile character assassinations of supreme court nominees beginning with Clarence Thomas ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, longview said:

This is why due process is SO important. The powers that be want to erase any threat to their priviledges. There are so many disturbing elements concerning Jeffery Epstein and his "pedophile island" and his "supposed suicide" while in jail. All carefully kept obscured and any investigations soft-pedalled. Consider for example the long series of vile character assassinations of supreme court nominees beginning with Clarence Thomas ad nauseum.

Do you believe sexual assault only happens to those who are rescued by Tim Ballard? 

5 hours ago, longview said:

And you jump topics again to avoid having to actually discuss anything. You are like the anti-Mormon who throws everything at the wall hoping something will stick and when someone points out that something you said is wrong you point to the vast amount of unproven evidence you have.

This is like the alleged vast amount of proof (loads of it) that there was massive voter fraud in the last presidential election. They talked up the volume of it but when they went to court they had nothing. They never published the “binders” full of evidence they supposedly had and when hauled down and forced to get to the meat of it all they had were suppositions and data that didn’t mean anything.

See, I can randomly topic jump too.

There is a 4 part documentary series about a "Midwestern church that experienced a complete transformation in their hearts when they stopped seeing these families (crossing the border) as news headlines and started treating them like brothers and sisters in Christ" that you can see free. Two parts will be online and 2 parts in the Phoenix area. If you are interested message me. You don't have to see all 4 parts.

Edited by Rain
5 hours ago, Rain said:

There is a 4 part documentary series about a "Midwestern church that experienced a complete transformation in their hearts when they stopped seeing these families (crossing the border) as news headlines and started treating them like brothers and sisters in Christ" that you can see free. Two parts will be online and 2 parts in the Phoenix area. If you are interested message me. You don't have to see all 4 parts.

Thank you Rain! Just the other night I watched a political youtube with a man that said he's shooting at people that cross the border in AZ near where he lives, and that he may have killed one or two, something like that. And is all for border patrol shooting any that come over. 

It's come to this?

I only wish more could see these people as brothers and sisters in Christ, or what ever they are running from. Thanks again, I'll be watching that. 

21 hours ago, longview said:

Why are you asking such an inane question?

What seems like blind hero worship of TB seems equally outrageous to me.  

My question wasn’t literal but it wasn’t nice either I’m sorry.  I react harshly to statements that deny victims of people like Epstein or Thomas (or Cosby or Weinstein etc) - i have my own history and I know how evil humans can be. 

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Thank you Rain! Just the other night I watched a political youtube with a man that said he's shooting at people that cross the border in AZ near where he lives, and that he may have killed one or two, something like that. And is all for border patrol shooting any that come over. 

It's come to this?

I only wish more could see these people as brothers and sisters in Christ, or what ever they are running from. Thanks again, I'll be watching that. 

I'll message you the link with all the info.  You'll need to register. 

34 minutes ago, BlueDreams said:

People have already mentioned the probs with the film. But please do not compare George Floyd to a fictive film. George Floyd was a real man who really died in front of witnesses filming behavior by real improper handling by the police that is really a problem in communities of color and poor communities, especially for black people. He did not die of an overdose. He died because his airways/cardiovascular system were squeezed shut by a knee on his neck that callously stayed there well past losing consciousness. Said real toxicology reports and real-time video were used to put his murderer/accomplices to jail in court.  

Whether there is good that came from the fictive movie, has no comparison to the events that happened to Mr  Floyd. And whether he was a good guy or not has nothing to do with the fact that the police grossly failed him cutting him off from any chance of becoming anything else with the rest of his life. 

With luv,

BD 

☝️💯

2 hours ago, BlueDreams said:

People have already mentioned the probs with the film. But please do not compare George Floyd to a fictive film. George Floyd was a real man who really died in front of witnesses filming behavior by real improper handling by the police that is really a problem in communities of color and poor communities, especially for black people. He did not die of an overdose. He died because his airways/cardiovascular system were squeezed shut by a knee on his neck that callously stayed there well past losing consciousness. Said real toxicology reports and real-time video were used to put his murderer/accomplices to jail in court.  

Whether there is good that came from the fictive movie, has no comparison to the events that happened to Mr  Floyd. And whether he was a good guy or not has nothing to do with the fact that the police grossly failed him, cutting him off from any chance of becoming anything else for the rest of his life. 

With luv,

BD 

Also a thousand times this!

5 hours ago, BlueDreams said:

Whether there is good that came from the fictive movie, has no comparison to the events that happened to Mr  Floyd. And whether he was a good guy or not has nothing to do with the fact that the police grossly failed him, cutting him off from any chance of becoming anything else for the rest of his life. 

With luv,

BD 

The problem is real, though the situation does have similarity if (a big if) the recent controversy is true. I referenced a new documentary The Fall of Minneapolis (2023), which shows a lot of the withheld evidence, such as police bodycam footage and the original autopsy before the FBI got involved.

The original autopsy report by Hennepin County Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker the day after Floyd died found there was “no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation." “Mr. Floyd did not exhibit signs of petechiae, damage to his airways or thyroid, brain bleeding, bone injuries, or internal bruising.” “there were no medical findings that showed any injury to the vital structures of Mr. Floyd’s neck. There were no medical indications of asphyxia or strangulation.”

May 31, 2020, Baker shared the results of toxicology tests with prosecutors, which showed that Floyd, 46, had a “fatal level of fentanyl” in his blood, along with methamphetamine.

Floyd also had COVID and severe “arteriosclerotic heart disease,” with one artery 75% obstructed, and “hypertensive heart disease.”

The FBI met with Baker and soon after the official autopsy report was changed, Floyd’s cause of death had become “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.”

In the bystander video that went viral of Floyd’s death, it appears Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck. But in bodycam footage, his knee appears to be on Floyd’s shoulder.

Chauvin used the very technique that he had been trained to use by the Minneapolis Police Department called the maximal restraint technique (MRT) for handcuffed, uncooperative suspects. The judge refused to allow the training manual to be shown to the jury.

Floyd was arrested by a black cop with the assistance of 3 others. 4 officers unable to get him in a car, because he is too strong. He goes down and keeps kicking and flailing. Resisting arrest while high on meth and fentenyl. So being white or black wouldn't have mattered.

It would have looked better and nicer to get off Floyd. Especially after Floyd passes out, they sat there as the EMS got there late in 8 min or so. Call me a fool, I'm not sure if Chauvin wasn't doing exactly as he was trained and I'm not sure that Floyd didn't die from a cocktail of drugs, heart congestion, Covid, other things, including a cop sitting on him, even if it was on his shoulder.

There are better examples that can be used for the cause of Police Brutality than and before Floyd, like those who had a fatal encounter but didn't resist or were misidentified. Floyd is what we have, because it was all captured on private videos that went viral and so that was the one that started a public uproar and hero worshipped Floyd as merely a martyr. Just as Human Trafficking has better champions than Tim, but we get Tim by touting his heroic tales and so the fictional movie was made, it gained an audience that had no idea there was still human trafficking and hero-worshipped Tim. I could be wrong. The Fall of Minneapolis can be wrong. Now that I explained what I meant. I hope I've shifted some blame from myself. Forgive me if I'm not explaining myself well, or if I'm a pawn of some sort of propaganda.

th?id=OIP.V26F7NPBYPYh21_L1thEPwC-EZ&w=135&h=201&c=10&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=13.1

Edited by Pyreaux
On 1/16/2024 at 1:47 PM, Pyreaux said:

The problem is real, though the situation does have similarity if (a big if) the recent controversy is true. I referenced a new documentary The Fall of Minneapolis (2023), which shows a lot of the withheld evidence, such as police bodycam footage and the original autopsy before the FBI got involved.

The original autopsy report by Hennepin County Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker the day after Floyd died found there was “no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation." “Mr. Floyd did not exhibit signs of petechiae, damage to his airways or thyroid, brain bleeding, bone injuries, or internal bruising.” “there were no medical findings that showed any injury to the vital structures of Mr. Floyd’s neck. There were no medical indications of asphyxia or strangulation.”

May 31, 2020, Baker shared the results of toxicology tests with prosecutors, which showed that Floyd, 46, had a “fatal level of fentanyl” in his blood, along with methamphetamine.

Floyd also had COVID and severe “arteriosclerotic heart disease,” with one artery 75% obstructed, and “hypertensive heart disease.”

The FBI met with Baker and soon after the official autopsy report was changed, Floyd’s cause of death had become “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.”

In the bystander video that went viral of Floyd’s death, it appears Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck. But in bodycam footage, his knee appears to be on Floyd’s shoulder.

Chauvin used the very technique that he had been trained to use by the Minneapolis Police Department called the maximal restraint technique (MRT) for handcuffed, uncooperative suspects. The judge refused to allow the training manual to be shown to the jury.

Floyd was arrested by a black cop with the assistance of 3 others. 4 officers unable to get him in a car, because he is too strong. He goes down and keeps kicking and flailing. Resisting arrest while high on meth and fentenyl. So being white or black wouldn't have mattered.

It would have looked better and nicer to get off Floyd. Especially after Floyd passes out, they sat there as the EMS got there late in 8 min or so. Call me a fool, I'm not sure if Chauvin wasn't doing exactly as he was trained and I'm not sure that Floyd didn't die from a cocktail of drugs, heart congestion, Covid, other things, including a cop sitting on him, even if it was on his shoulder.

There are better examples that can be used for the cause of Police Brutality than and before Floyd, like those who had a fatal encounter but didn't resist or were misidentified. Floyd is what we have, because it was all captured on private videos that went viral and so that was the one that started a public uproar and hero worshipped Floyd as merely a martyr. Just as Human Trafficking has better champions than Tim, but we get Tim by touting his heroic tales and so the fictional movie was made, it gained an audience that had no idea there was still human trafficking and hero-worshipped Tim. I could be wrong. The Fall of Minneapolis can be wrong. Now that I explained what I meant. I hope I've shifted some blame from myself. Forgive me if I'm not explaining myself well, or if I'm a pawn of some sort of propaganda.

th?id=OIP.V26F7NPBYPYh21_L1thEPwC-EZ&w=135&h=201&c=10&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=13.1

The Fall of Minneapolis was created by Alpha News.

Even in the current age of journalism Alpha News is BAD. They appear to have been formed by a group of Tea Party Republicans but protect their anonymity. They publish articles but often there is no byline. Think about that. No journalist is willing to take credit or stand by a lot of what the organization is saying.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alpha-news/

They mostly peddle Islamophobia and conspiracy theories. They are not a reliable source and will outright lie.

There are plenty of refutations of the documentary out there.

Also I am tired of the “he was no angel” defense. It relies on the twin ideas that police brutality is okay as long as the person is “bad enough” and that the police somehow knew and took this person’s history into account when deciding how brutal to be.

Edited by The Nehor
  • 2 weeks later...

An update: New court filings detail Tim Ballard's discipline with LDS Church

New court documents filed in a lawsuit against Tim Ballard have revealed new details about his standing with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Prior to the civil suits being filed, the LDS Church 
released a statement citing “betrayal” and condemning Ballard for “morally unacceptable behavior.” The statement accused Ballard of improperly using the name of President M. Russell Ballard for “personal advantage.”
Plaintiffs say Tim Ballard would sometimes use M. Russell Ballard’s name to justify sexual conduct, so long as it is used as part of an undercover technique to save “God’s children.”

Plaintiff Celeste Borys, who used to serve as Tim Ballard’s executive assistant, said she believes Ballard was “excommunicated” from the Church – in part because of sexual messages exchanged between Ballard and OUR’s female undercover operators.

Whether he was excommunicated or not, I'm not sure the courts will find any evidence pertaining to it admissible.  Such evidence would seem to be lacking in relevance and probative value.

As part of a recent court filing, attorneys for the women attached 37-pages of messages sent between Ballard and a woman who is currently only going by the pseudonym “JJ.”

Oh, man.  The texts are all sorts of gross and creepy.  

Borys said she was tasked with obtaining a letter from Ballard’s bishop to show that he was still in good standing with the Church.

Court documents show Bishop Les Eldredge supplied the handwritten letter on September 17, 2023, but attempted to withdraw it via text message.

“In light of the Official Statement issued by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints issued on Friday, 9/15/23, I am rescinding the letter I shared with you on Sunday 9/17/23,” Eldredge wrote. “Therefore, you are not authorized to use the letter as an endorsement of good standing for Tim (Ballard), to any organization.”

I am not sure why a bishop would write such a thing in the first place.

Borys said she was asked to testify at an LDS Church disciplinary hearing on September 25, 2023. She stated Ballard’s former bishop asked her to testify that she “pre-loaded” sexual messages onto Ballard’s phone for him to send to OUR employees as part of an undercover tactic or training designed to save children from human trafficking. She declined to testify.

Huh?  "Ballard's former bishop asker her to testify that she 'pre-loaded' sexual messages onto Ballard's phone"?  This is hearsay, and it's pretty weird.  Why would a bishop make any such request in relation to a membership council?

Attorneys for both sides are currently making arguments as to whether some of the records obtained by Borys and attached as evidence should be excluded from the case. Borys said she obtained the records from Ballard’s email address, which she had “unrestricted access” to as part of her job as his executive assistant. Ballard’s attorneys say the material was “stolen.”

I am curious as to which side will win this argument.

In a signed declaration, Borys stated Ballard sent her a book proposal which included a story of how he was targeted as part of “a corporate coup” when he and OUR were under criminal investigation for fraud by the Davis County Attorney’s Office.

Borys stated the book included a scene in which Ballard “collapsed onto an asphalt parking lot” in Miami, Florida where he was “rescued by Tony Robbins,” upon hearing of the criminal investigation – according to court documents.

How very weird.

The court documents also include allegations that Ballard was addicted to Xanax, Ambien, and alcohol. Borys said she sympathized with Ballard at the time because she thought he was suffering from substance-abuse problems as a coping mechanism after having to watch child sex-abuse material.`

Ballard’s attorneys have previously stated the allegations against him are untrue, financially motivated, and part of a smear campaign.

Thanks,

-Smac

1 hour ago, smac97 said:

An update: New court filings detail Tim Ballard's discipline with LDS Church

Whether he was excommunicated or not, I'm not sure the courts will find any evidence pertaining to it admissible.  Such evidence would seem to be lacking in relevance and probative value.

Oh, man.  The texts are all sorts of gross and creepy.  

I am not sure why a bishop would write such a thing in the first place.

Huh?  "Ballard's former bishop asker her to testify that she 'pre-loaded' sexual messages onto Ballard's phone"?  This is hearsay, and it's pretty weird.  Why would a bishop make any such request in relation to a membership council?

I am curious as to which side will win this argument.

How very weird.

Thanks,

-Smac

Are those text messages recent? And is his black and white background or the blue?

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Are those text messages recent? And is his black and white background or the blue?

99% sure he is black and white.

Gotta love his denunciations of porn and then sending her porn and the endless orgasm emojis.

Also “joking” to anyone reading this that this is just the two of them getting into character.

He also takes shots at Fast & Testimony meetings and they coordinate together to hide what they are doing from someone who is presumably her husband. All while talking about praying and serving God while talking about her Brazilian wax and using cheesy sex euphemisms.