Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

The parents have until Thursday to tell the police where the children are. They have been served. The cops have known they were in Hawaii for awhile. It sounds like they were getting the court orders in place so they can arrest them if they don’t tell them where the children are.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7936957/Idaho-cult-mom-Lori-Vallow-husband-Thursday-produce-two-missing-children.html

50 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

These people are fascinating. Didn't that strange prophet lady say that her angels told her that the children were in some warm, tropical place? (and yet there is no evidence that the children are with them)

It would be an easy guess by Rowe as the Vallows lived there for a time and it is apparently where Vallow went when she separated from Charles for a couple of months. 

One of the reports I read said that when they stopped this couple they were carrying a plastic bag of cash. How many of you wonder if it was meant to make a getaway and never be seen again? They have till Thursday to produce the children and return them in Idaho. I don't think it's going to happen, sadly. I just don't think they're alive. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Edited by Tacenda
4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

One of the reports I read said that when they stopped this couple they were carrying a plastic bag of cash. How many of you wonder if it was meant to make a getaway and never be seen again? 

Never to be seen again...might be difficult, but definitely had the feel of having the option of a quick getaway.  Depending on how much it was, of course.  It might have been the remains of their original disappearance back in November.  There was nothing said about them stopping by a bank to withdraw a wad on their way out.  If they didn't do that, but had it prepared, it speaks to them knowing something would be coming eventually...though a lawyer could claim, I suppose, that was their typical mentality and not u usual because they were anticipating cops coming after them for murder.

If I were a judge and that wad is substantial, that would be a major sign of flight risk, so if this ends up in a trial, I am betting they will be imprisoned.

Since they hadn't attempted to change their appearance and are apparently claiming they were on their extended work visit (editing a book)/honeymoon (but who doesn't return when a close brother dies?), there may be some hope.  There may be some weird scenario where they had a vision or whatever the kids were  in danger, so they are being hidden while Daybell and Vallow distract people by going off in the other direction.  Unlikely in my view, but this whole thing is so twisted.

Edited by Calm
11 hours ago, Tacenda said:

One of the reports I read said that when they stopped this couple they were carrying a plastic bag of cash.

I saw a picture of the bag.  There did not seem to be a very big wad of bills in it.  

I surmised that the cash is designed to evade efforts by law enforcement to track them by credit/debit charges.

How many of you wonder if it was meant to make a getaway and never be seen again?

Living in a high-end resort in Hawaii doesn't seem to be the best mechanism for disappearing.  

They have till Thursday to produce the children and return them in Idaho. I don't think it's going to happen, sadly. I just don't think they're alive. I hope I'm proven wrong.

That is my concern as well.  Given the duration of time that has lapsed, and the intense law enforcement and media scrutiny, I don't think they would be hiding the two kids based on some sort of wild-eyed theory or mindset.  I think hiding the kids for such an extended period of time, and lying to the police, and going on the run, are indicative of either A) the kids have experienced things or know things that Daybell/Vallow do not want disclosed to the police, such that Daybell/Vallow have hidden them with friends from their Doomsday Prepper / Julie Rowe circle of acquaintances, or B) the kids are dead.

On balance, I'm leaning toward Option A.  If the kids were dead, I don't think Daybell/Vallow would be hanging out at a swanky resort on Kaua'i.

Thanks,

-Smac

Jeani Martin says the newlyweds "relied on a sign from God" to arrive at her home unannounced on November 7th -- two weeks after Daybell's first wife Tammy was buried in Utah.

"They said that they waited all day for God to tell them which house to go to and he told them to come to mine," she said.

Martin says they wanted to rent her master bedroom upstairs. After spending a few hours with the couple, she says she got a text from an Idaho area code saying "This is Chad Daybell. We loved meeting you."

"They were just like two teenagers that had just been set free and they were just giddy," Martin remembered.

The online application was accepted the same day. In the application, Daybell wrote in part, "I'm an author looking for a peaceful place to write. I own a house on the mainland and am looking for a rental for myself and my new wife who lives here on Kauai..."

The emergency contact was listed as Vallow, his new wife. The application says Daybell made $30,000 dollars a month with his employer Spring Creek Book Company.

But Martin learned something else a few days later that caused concern: Chad's wife's death. "[The] only thing I saw was Tammy's obituary and just the way they were in my house, so happy and free, and now I'm thinking, free of the spouses, free of the kids." 

Daybell changed his mind about renting from her, she says. But she did ask him about Tammy's death. His text back reads, "I woke up that morning and she had been dead for a couple hours but she had a peaceful look on her face at her burial. I felt her tell me she was happy and helping our family on the other side of the veil. She helped me reconnect with Lori so quickly and it helped my children move forward."

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/free-of-the-spouses-free-of-the-kids-parents-of-missing-kids-applied-to-move-into-hawaii-home-in-november

Not sure if someone posted this before or not. Might be helpful for those with intermittent interest:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/interactive-timeline-search-for-two-missing-children-and-their-parents

———

The post above has them in Kauai on Nov 7.  If this is not a typo, that means they went there and then flew back to Idaho before taking off after the welfare check on Nov 26 (not sure when they got to Hawaii the second time).

Websleuths has an indepth timeline here, includes troubling history of violence towards former husband.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/id-joshua-vallow-7-tylee-ryan-17-rexburg-sept-2019-mom-stepfather-found-11.500762/

08 Aug 2006 – Lori’s ex-husband, JR, files in the 22nd District Court of TX for custody enforcement/modification in the interest of Tylee (Court records).

5 Aug 2007 – Lori’s brother, AC, attacks & threatens her 3rd ex-husband, JR in Travis Co, TX. JR was leaving after a custody visit with Tylee when AC approached him in the parking lot, pulled a stun gun & shocked JR with it twice. JR got up to flee and AC chased him. JR fled past a witness who saw AC with the stun gun and AC walked away after that (Court Docs, FOX 10 Phoenix).

6 Aug 2007 – JR goes to the hospital with chest pains the day after the stun gun attack and is admitted for observation. He is also diagnosed with a fractured wrist from the fall to the ground during the attack (Court Docs, FOX 10 Phoenix).

15-16 Aug 2007 – An “affidavit for arrest and detention” of Alex is made & filed in Travis Co, TX for the stun gun attack on JR (Court Docs, FOX 10 Phoenix).

2008 – Abt a year after the stun-gun attack on JR, AC pleads guilty to aggravated assault in the second degree and serves 3 months in jail (Court Docs, FOX 10 Phoenix).

11 July 2019 – Afternoon - Neighbors report seeing a loud pool party with music and many people swimming in the backyard of the Chandler AZ house where CV was shot to death that morning. Alex stayed at the house for several days even though he lived elsewhere in the area (Post Register).

11 July 2019 – CV’s older son learned of his father's death on the news. He says Lori has stayed mum on the details. "She couldn’t tell you that there was a shooting?" asked FOX 10's Justin Lum. "No," the son replied. "She refused to tell us." (Fox10 Phoenix).

July/August (approximate): J.J.'s service dog, Bailey, is returned to the kennel from which the dog was purchased, according to grandmother KW (Post Register).

Edited by Calm
10 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Unlikely the paperwork Idaho has to process and then pass on to Hawaii, which then it has to process, would take a day to get done (weekend probably interferes unless they can show imminent danger and they have been missing for four months).  Took 5 business days iirc to get them served from the time Idaho judge signed off on it.  Probably will happen sometime this week unless they are hoping the attention will put pressure on the two and may lead to clues about the kids.  They may be waiting until they have hard evidence from the two recent deaths in hand to arrest as well.

They were seen speaking with the bishop and acted as if everything was ok,” reporter Nate Easton said in a Facebook post.

Wouldn't want to be that bishop.

Edited by Calm

The latest news...I guess they have a storage unit full of the children's things, not sure if this is a good or bad thing. :(

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/abandoned-storage-unit-in-rexburg-full-of-missing-kids-items-grandparents-seek-guardianship?fbclid=IwAR1SMGLln7JMJrxB-9xvtGZ5Vy1z4iNEHwue_sEMbQDiG7PW5vEzt89_Nsk

Edited to provide a better link that shows video.

Edited by Tacenda

Feeling less hopeful today.

According to video and a contract reviewed by East Idaho News, Lori Vallow rented the unit beginning in October and visited it multiple times over the next two months along with a man who appears to be Alex Cox, her late brother....

At the storage unit, Lori Vallow and her late brother, Cox, carried heavy items and bikes, which were often brought then removed days later, East Idaho News reported. Cox often arrived alone, but an unknown man appeared with him two days before police tried to perform the welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the news outlet reported.

I feel so bad for this young man.  Will his life ever feel normal again?

Colby Ryan told KSAZ-TV that seeing his mother and Daybell together without his siblings in Hawaii struck a nerve.

"I'm done. I've been done the day that I saw them without the kids walking around Hawaii," he told the TV station. "That was it." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/06/lori-vallow-storage-unit-had-missing-idaho-children-items-report/4676859002/

A legal expert who spoke to CBS News said that a lack of evidence could be why Vallow has not yet been arrested. A contempt charge for failing to produce the children as the court ordered could be a possibility, though it is likely insufficient to compel her back to Idaho. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lori-vallow-dropped-missing-childrens-belongings-in-idaho-storage-unit-authorities-say/

Edited by Calm
19 minutes ago, Calm said:

Does the mother have a legal responsibility to show that the children are safe?  There doesn't seem to be any lack of evidence on that failure.

“Three weeks after Charles was killed, Lori put the dog up for sale. She listed it for $2,500, and it was so shocking because Bailey was such an important part of JJ’s life,” Cheryl says. “Fortunately the trainer saw the listing and told Lori she had to give it back to the rescue group. They were able to take him back and re-home the dog to another special-needs boy.”

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/02/charles-vallows-ex-wife-became-concerned-for-lori-daybells-mental-health-over-10-years-ago-and-thinks-his-shooting-death-was-100-planned/

22 minutes ago, sunstoned said:

That seems way expensive for a dog.  This article is disturbing.  

Trained service dog for an autistic kid...probably worth more than that in value to the kid.

Though they might have gotten it for free, she otoh was looking to make money it appears.  If Charles had cut her out of his will and had been paying for everything for her ( housing, car, phones), she may have had an income issue  once he was dead as she had no job and apparently liked a lot of money ( she stole $35,000 from Charles and their business when she disappeared last year which made it so he couldn't pay the employees on time, that appears to have lasted her two months, because that is when she came back to reconcile).

Edited by Calm

I have seen it on a couple of talk shows, iirc.  I doubt they will cover it more in depth than here or what we link to at least, but likely videos of family....these are easily found if interested, yet can't access the shows.

Edited by Calm