Goodbye Mormondialogues

Bernard Gui

7 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

This will be my last post on Mormondialogues. It’s been a great experience being part of this robust group since the beginning and before. Thank you all for your wonderful friendship, camaraderie, laughs, tears, information, disinformation, faith-strengthening and faith-testing, new arguments, old arguments, insights, fun and games, love, and understanding. It’s been a hugely important part of my life for decades, but it is time to move on. 

I wish you all happiness, health, and prosperity.

Mark Jasinski

AKA Bernard Gui

You have been on my short list of favorite posters over the years. I hate to see you go, and I wish you would reconsider, but you know what is best for you.

God speed, my friend.

I always enjoyed reading your posts as well. 

And I have to admit, as far as non-percussionists go, you were a pretty good guy. ;) 

The internet isn't going anywhere, so feel free to swing by whenever you feel so inclined.

Maybe by the time you come back I'll have finally gotten around to adding an Avatar and signature to my profile. :) 

8 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

This will be my last post on Mormondialogues. It’s been a great experience being part of this robust group since the beginning and before. Thank you all for your wonderful friendship, camaraderie, laughs, tears, information, disinformation, faith-strengthening and faith-testing, new arguments, old arguments, insights, fun and games, love, and understanding. It’s been a hugely important part of my life for decades, but it is time to move on. 

Mark Jasinski

AKA Bernard Gui

Come on! You bring a type of class to this site, and a level of scholarly discussion, I could never approach. To quote the lyrics from one of my favorite songs, by Jackson Browne, "come on and stay, just a little bit longer, we want to play just a little bit more. So, Please, Please, Please, say that you will stay". I hope all is well with you, and you "will" be sorely missed. God's speed to you my friend, if you truly go, may God bless you, always! 

Your friend, I hope...

Bill Lee

Atlanta, Georgia

P.S. Love ya! 

9 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Mark Jasinski

AKA Bernard Gui

I gave you a rep, or reaction point, not because you are leaving, but because I have always enjoyed your comments. Truly, "always"! 

12 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Mark Jasinski

AKA Bernard Gui

Good to know the name behind the name :) However, with two Marks around it is probably a good thing you are leaving so I don't get confused!

Just kidding of course. But you and Mark Bukowski are some of my favorite posters here. Rather than leave, I hope you would consider just taking a sabbatical. When you feel the urge to say your piece, you can always put certain people on ignore. After posting on forums for almost 20 years now, I have learned to let some posters roll off my back so to speak. I post here to explore, and also to hopefully be a positive influence on readers. If I let abrasiveness offend me, I would have stopped posting here a long time ago, but I came here to learn. When I consider my goals, MormonDialogue still fills the bill. Whatever you decide, I just want you to know that you have always been a respectful and pleasant poster with valuable insights. You will be missed. God bless.

11 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

After a day of good music, some delicious non-adult beverages, and a really great discussion with Sister Gui, I have decided not to let the thoughtless comments of a few caustic posters drive me out of a community that has been a beloved and important part of my life for decades.

Thanks for the very kind thoughts.

OK, well I still hope I see you around! :D You should be able to spot me at the devotional if you're going! 

8 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

But... if you leave, I'm going to have to step up and fill in for the role of Catholic Inquisitor! Alright, let me go find my instruments of torture... the burden you lay on me, Bernard, I swear...

ETA: Ah! Thank God! Now I can put the rack back into the garage.

I enjoy your self-deprecating sense of humor.
Now if only LDS Christians had such props to fall back on - in the good 'ol days some accused us of sex slavery, but no good props for such come to mind which would not be utterly tasteless.

17 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

After a day of good music, some delicious non-adult beverages, and a really great discussion with Sister Gui, I have decided not to let the thoughtless comments of a few caustic posters drive me out of a community that has been a beloved and important part of my life for decades.

Thanks for the very kind thoughts.

Glad you’re staying!  You’ve always been a gentleman even when we disagree.

But please for the love of....

No more mentioning of Gui’s Law!  That’s over the top annoying and not productive to do in a discussion :P

(And the false accusations about it caused much of the problems on that thread, IMO.)