At Deseret Book Store In Bellevue, Wa

Stargazer

Wow, I haven't been in a DBC store for years. Wow is the word, too. I want to buy about 25 of these books! Found Mike Ash's book ... "Shaken Faith Syndrome". Can't wax rhapsodic on my Windows Phone (hunt and peck keyboard), so this is short.

Wow, I haven't been in a DBC store for years. Wow is the word, too. I want to buy about 25 of these books! Found Mike Ash's book ... "Shaken Faith Syndrome". Can't wax rhapsodic on my Windows Phone (hunt and peck keyboard), so this is short.

That's the same way with the Portland OR store, located a couple blocks from the temple... The DBS also serves as the distribution center for garments.

GG

I have a bone to pick with a online LDS place. I bought a LDS book a MONTH ago and it hasn't come yet, neither has another order I placed from Utah. Bugger me

Surely you have complained online? What did you buy and from whom did you buy it?

Surely you have complained online? What did you buy and from whom did you buy it?

I bough that book "between the Lines" by Joseph McConkie and it hasn't come yet but it was over Christmas and so i'll give it another week and the other was the distribution centre, so I'll wait a week and then dig into it!

I found that book and bought it, while in Ogden, after I was home I found out he worked next door to my son...had I known, I would have asked him to sign it...I read it on the plane ride home. Great stuff!
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Maestrophil
      Hi there.  I am in the market for a good read or two that is related to the gospel.  I enjoy things that teach me new things, or new ways of seeing things - and enjoy less books about general spirituality, or fluffy, feel-good books.  Of course, I would like them to be - if not LDS - compatible with LDS teachings.

What are everyones new or old favorites?

Thanks!

MP
    • By Razgriz001
      I am trying to get a copy of the book
      Jesus Christ and the World of the New Testament
      On Deseret and Amazon it just offers the eBook versions. I am not sure if I am incompetent.
      Or if the book is just out of copies right now. Or out of print. Help?
    • By Stargazer
      I saw this book at Barnes and Noble recently, and could not resist picking it up. I then got it as an audio book. I have not yet "read" the book, in the sense that I had my eyes crawl over the text in a printed book or ebook, but in the audio book form I am just now starting on my third "read".

Why Science Doesn't Disprove God

No kidding this book is fantastic! I cannot recommend it enough.

In a particular video entitled God and Mr. Hitchens, Dr. D C Peterson covered a lot of the non-scientific points that Hitchens got wrong (and I truly wish Dr. Peterson would produce a book on the subject, but I digress...), while Dr. Amir D. Aczel has covered here the quantum mechanics part of what Hitchens (and for that matter a few other militant atheists) have misused science for.

Dr. Aczel is not some amateur scientist. A look at his author page on Amazon will demonstrate this definitively.

From the notes on the dust jacket:

• By Storm Rider
      I just finished an outstanding read; it is entitled "The Boys in the Boat" by Daniel James Brown.  

The book tells the story of how nine Americans from the Northwest win the gold in the eight man crew.  The chapters seem to fly by as I devoured each page; it was just riveting to me.  

At the beginning of each chapter is a quote from George Yeoman Pocock, an English boat builder that ended up at the University of Washington.  It is obvious that this unassuming man was a fount of wisdom in guiding both coaches and rowers alike.  Here is just one quote (found at the beginning of Chapter 19), "Where is the spiritual value of rowing? ...The losing of self entirely to the cooperative effort of the crew as a whole."  

If you are looking for a good book that gives a window into the Great Depression, the wholesome goodness of these young men and women of this era, overcoming the trials of life.  If you know anything about the University of Washington or Washington state you will find even more pleasure in reading it.

A tremendous read for old and young alike. 
    • By JLHPROF
      So I am fortunate living in the SL valley to work not too far from the wonderful Benchmark Books - possibly the best bookstore focused on LDS books in existence.  I stopped in today and was reminded what it's like to be a kid in a candy store again.
      They have cases of limited editions, controversial publications, scholarly works, and host fascinating author events.  My wife and I probably go peruse the shelves monthly for new and interesting reads.

Have any of the other board members had opportunity to visit this store?  What fascinating book on Mormonism have you read recently and would have to recommend?  What LDS oriented books would you like to get your hands on?