Updated Book Of Mormon Artwork

nosmelone

I've updated my blog with a handfull of new Book of Mormon sketches and artwork along with small quotes of evidences or insights. Most of this artwork is done during sacrament meetings (this is when I'm at my best!). Feel free to check it out. Also if you have any good artwork Book of Mormon or Bible ideas feel free to suggest it. Oh and for all you authors out there if your in need of any sort of artwork for any LDS books I'd be glad to overcharge you for mediocre artwork.....just kidding but if anyone is in need of an artist please let me know.

http://www.peculiarpeopleillustrations.blogspot.com/

I've updated my blog with a handfull of new Book of Mormon sketches and artwork along with small quotes of evidences or insights. Most of this artwork is done during sacrament meetings (this is when I'm at my best!). Feel free to check it out. Also if you have any good artwork Book of Mormon or Bible ideas feel free to suggest it. Oh and for all you authors out there if your in need of any sort of artwork for any LDS books I'd be glad to overcharge you for mediocre artwork.....just kidding but if anyone is in need of an artist please let me know.

http://www.peculiarp...s.blogspot.com/

Wow. That is some really good artwork. Do you have a non-art job, or are you trying to make it as an artist?

Wow. That is some really good artwork. Do you have a non-art job, or are you trying to make it as an artist?

Yeah, I have a non art related job but if I had my way I would do artwork all day long. Thats kind of why I put together this blog to display some artwork. I have done a few side illustration jobs on kids books but I would like to do much more.

One question, one suggestion....

Would you be willing to sell a copy of your work. PM me if you are interested. Not sure if I can make it work at the moment, but would like to know for at least future reference.

If you are interested in maybe a paying sideline, eons ago when I worked at a church bookstore and attended a session ofbthe annual LDS booksellers convention, I remember there was a sideline of turning a person's name into a cartouche and framing it up nicely for a piece of personal art. I had just seen Kerry Shirt's scroll saw art version of the Mayan glyphs (I remember him doing an 'alphabet' but can't find a picture of it on his site so I may be imagining it) and thought it would be cool to adapt the idea for cartouches for Mayan art or one could give people a list of glyphs and instructions on how Mayan names were created and they could either use their initials or create their own Mayan name for you to reproduce as art.

I still need to get a piece of Kerry's art. He took a break just when I was ready to start thinking about what I wanted, plus we don't pass by his home any more on our way between Calgary and Provo.....sigh.

One question, one suggestion....

Would you be willing to sell a copy of your work. PM me if you are interested. Not sure if I can make it work at the moment, but would like to know for at least future reference.

If you are interested in maybe a paying sideline, eons ago when I worked at a church bookstore and attended a session ofbthe annual LDS booksellers convention, I remember there was a sideline of turning a person's name into a cartouche and framing it up nicely for a piece of personal art. I had just seen Kerry Shirt's scroll saw art version of the Mayan glyphs (I remember him doing an 'alphabet' but can't find a picture of it on his site so I may be imagining it) and thought it would be cool to adapt the idea for cartouches for Mayan art or one could give people a list of glyphs and instructions on how Mayan names were created and they could either use their initials or create their own Mayan name for you to reproduce as art.

I still need to get a piece of Kerry's art. He took a break just when I was ready to start thinking about what I wanted, plus we don't pass by his home any more on our way between Calgary and Provo.....sigh.

I feel pretty stupid I never knew Kerry was an artist, but I just stumbled across his Pacal Table and I think I need that in my living room....He has a piece called "the story teller" that I love also.

You are very good. That being said if you are to reach your goal of being able to make your career and livlihood from your art you are going to have to invest some serious effort into marketing yourself. I know the often people who are very good at what they do, be it art, writing or repairing things, are not good at marketing their talents. So you must either develop that ability or get someone with that ability to work with you.

I have no idea of your talents in the area of marketing but if you re having trouble on marketing your efforts perhaps you could find someone who is good at marketing. Good Luck, you really are good at what you do.

Edited by ERayR

You are very good. That being said if you are to reach your goal of being able to make your career and livlihood from your art you are going to have to invest some serious effort into marketing yourself. I know the often people who are very good at what they do, be it art, writing or repairing things, are not good at marketing their talents. So you must either develop that ability or get someone with that ability to work with you.

I have no idea of your talents in the area of marketing but if you re having trouble on marketing your efforts perhaps you could find someone who is good at marketing. Good Luck, you really are good at what you do.

You nailed me to the tee, marketing myself has really been the hard part. I am investing more time into it now and I am realizing that I will need to put a lot more time into it in order to make a living by it.