Jump to content

Hollywood Bowl


strappinglad

Recommended Posts

I've just been listening to youtube videos of great guitar masters like Glen Campbell etc and it spawned the thought," I wonder if there is a giant open theatre in heaven where concerts are held to entertain the angels/spirits. " Some truly great artists have passed in recent times. 

Who are your top 2 or 3 musicians/performers that have left this mortal coil? 

From the ' country side ' I list Roy Clark, Jerry Reed  , and Glen . 

Link to comment
On 12/15/2020 at 3:14 PM, strappinglad said:

I've just been listening to youtube videos of great guitar masters like Glen Campbell etc and it spawned the thought," I wonder if there is a giant open theatre in heaven where concerts are held to entertain the angels/spirits. " Some truly great artists have passed in recent times. 

Who are your top 2 or 3 musicians/performers that have left this mortal coil? 

From the ' country side ' I list Roy Clark, Jerry Reed  , and Glen . 

Not thinking big enough. Put that concert on a star about to nova for the visual effects at the appropriate moment. Use the converted sound of a pulsar as a beat. Also you play the instruments while riding a space dragon. Gotta have space dragons.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Not thinking big enough. Put that concert on a star about to nova for the visual effects at the appropriate moment. Use the converted sound of a pulsar as a beat. Also you play the instruments while riding a space dragon. Gotta have space dragons.

That is the kind of thing done when the performer doesn't really have much talent . 😜

Link to comment
51 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Not thinking big enough. Put that concert on a star about to nova for the visual effects at the appropriate moment. Use the converted sound of a pulsar as a beat. Also you play the instruments while riding a space dragon. Gotta have space dragons.

Sounds like you needed to go to a Grateful Dead show on acid. In the middle of the 2nd set of every show (well, '78 or so on), they would play a completely improvised "song" called Space. I'm pretty sure I've ridden some space dragons.

 

Link to comment
47 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Sounds like you needed to go to a Grateful Dead show on acid. In the middle of the 2nd set of every show (well, '78 or so on), they would play a completely improvised "song" called Space. I'm pretty sure I've ridden some space dragons.

 

Acid is a cheat. I am looking forward to when I can live these kinds of experiences with my mind fully functioning. That will be a beautiful form of power.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 4:14 PM, strappinglad said:

Who are your top 2 or 3 musicians/performers that have left this mortal coil? 

This year? Tony Rice, Tony Allen and Mister Satan.

edit: I forgot about McCoy Tyner. Sigh. In some ways it was a terrible year.

Edited by Chum
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...