Consigileri interview on Mormon Stories

sunstoned

One of our posters, Consiglieri has just been interviewed on  John Dehlin's Mormon Stories pod cast.  I am not sure if posting the link is proper, but you can find it on John's Facebook site. Just go there and search for Radio Free Mormon, which is Consiglieri's podcast handle.

I thought it was an interesting interview.  Consiglieri converted to the church at age 18, when on a mission, and became an apologist for several years.  He has several faithful publications on the Book of Mormon and other church related topics.  However, I believe is is less than active now.

5 hours ago, sunstoned said:

One of our posters, Consiglieri has just been interviewed on  John Dehlin's Mormon Stories pod cast.  I am not sure if posting the link is proper, but you can find it on John's Facebook site. Just go there and search for Radio Free Mormon, which is Consiglieri's podcast handle.

I thought it was an interesting interview.  Consiglieri converted to the church at age 18, when on a mission, and became an apologist for several years.  He has several faithful publications on the Book of Mormon and other church related topics.  However, I believe is is less than active now.

I always enjoyed the repartee with Consiglieri on this board.  He was certainly a cut above.

Was his apologetic literature also a cut above?

8 hours ago, sunstoned said:

I miss him, and his understanding of scripture. 

3 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

I always enjoyed the repartee with Consiglieri on this board.  He was certainly a cut above.

Was his apologetic literature also a cut above?

I am not really familiar with any of his work outside of this forum.  I did seem like a knowledgeable poster though. 

Consig is currently RadiofreeMormon who podcasts with Bill Reel.

I got the impression RFM has left the church, not just become less active, but perhaps he attends as a nonbeliever. 

Edited by Calm

Consig's interview was great.  His voice adds an extra attraction to all of his RFM podcasts.  He is honest, genuine and kind.  To my knowledge, Consig is still a member albeit inactive.

Edited by Jeanne
On 11/10/2019 at 5:46 AM, Calm said:

Consig is currently RadiofreeMormon who podcasts with Bill Reel.

I got the impression RFM has left the church, not just become less active, but perhaps he attends as a nonbeliever. 

I finally got through the full podcast (over 6 hours), and Consig did give a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and other teachings of the church.  But from what I gathered from the interview is that he is no longer active.  The fact that he wants to remain anonymous tells me that he values his membership.  He knows what happened to fellow podcaster, Bill Reel. 

11 hours ago, Maureen said:

I listened to the podcast and really enjoyed it. He referred to himself as a MINO, member in name only. 😊

M.

He doesn't appear to be a believer any longer and it seems to have been a fairly gradual process. He didn't have one of those moments like some do where they remember distinctly the moment they stopped belief.

He also mentions he stopped going to church 5 years ago. And even mentions his time on here and being banned a few times, as Consigeleri (spelling ?) I vaguely remember his avatar as an older model car.

He jokingly brings up that he might be ex'd now because of being on a mormon stories podcast. Which may well happen now, IMO. 

10 hours ago, sunstoned said:

I am not a fan of the way Dehlin conducts his interviews. His questions are not well thought out and he is constantly interrupting his guests. 

and 6 hours? who has the time?! I get these issues aren't cut and dry but 6 hours 🛌

11 hours ago, sunstoned said:

I am not a fan of the way Dehlin conducts his interviews. His questions are not well thought out and he is constantly interrupting his guests. 

Dehlin is getting better. He's gotten advice from his viewers to just let the person talk without too many questions or interruptions and he's been following that advice with a couple of his guests that I've watched.

M.

Edited by Maureen